N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#176)
Old

Car: 2017 Maserati Ghibli S
Default 09-30-2019, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisUCF99
The back sensor isnít the easiest but I got it done in 30 mins.
Thanks and I just bought. I have a friend that has the ultimate garage with a lift etc. Considering I had rotator cuff surgery 3 weeks ago he agreed to install. Next project is crack Android Auto to mirror my phone so I can see gauges on the head display.
(#177)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-30-2019, 09:48 AM

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#178)
Old

Default 09-30-2019, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whooopasss
Speedelement san jose did a dyno day. This is what we got for the Ghibli s q4 with jb4 set to map 2 and 91 oct.. no other mods
sport mode, manual 3rd gear pull.. mustang dyno
Isn't this like somewhere between 436 and 448 HP at the crank? If so that is extremely impressive.

Last edited by Stimey; 09-30-2019 at 10:05 AM..
(#179)
Old

Car: Maserati Ghibli
Default LOG DATA - 10-03-2019, 11:28 AM

I just installed the JB4 on my Base 2015 Ghibli yesterday and I'm trying to get some logs. The pull has to be in what gear? Thanks
(#180)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 10-04-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmarmolejo
I just installed the JB4 on my Base 2015 Ghibli yesterday and I'm trying to get some logs. The pull has to be in what gear? Thanks
No specific gear. You can just get a log at full throttle, just make sure it's for a few seconds at least

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#181)
Old

Default 10-04-2019, 11:05 AM

Can someone tell me where the two small wires on the OBC connection connect to?
(#182)
Old

Default 10-04-2019, 12:13 PM

Hello I just installed the JB4 in my 2015 Maserati Ghibli a few days ago and everything was fine. I saw here in some posts people running 93 octane with 3 or 4 gallons of e85 with no issue. I filled up yesterday and added 2 gallons of e85 and topped off with 91 octane, now the vehicle has what it sounds like a misfire. Have you had anything like that? I'm running MAP 1

Last edited by Mmarmolejo; 10-04-2019 at 12:35 PM..
(#183)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-04-2019, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Hello I just installed the JB4 in my 2015 Maserati Ghibli a few days ago and everything was fine. I saw here in some posts people running 93 octane with 3 or 4 gallons of e85 with no issue. I filled up yesterday and added 2 gallons of e85 and topped off with 91 octane, now the vehicle has what it sounds like a misfire. Have you had anything like that? I'm running MAP 1
Do you have a CEL or a code?

Burger Motorsports

(#184)
Old

Default 10-04-2019, 03:20 PM

I have a flashing CEL
(#185)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-04-2019, 03:47 PM

Quote:
I have a flashing CEL
Sounds like you misfired. Check the codes if you have bluetooth add on device or data cable with laptop.

Burger Motorsports

(#186)
Old

Default 10-04-2019, 04:05 PM

I did check with the BlueTooth but does not find any codes.
(#187)
Old

Car: 2015 maserati ghibli
Default 10-07-2019, 10:26 AM

Hey all, I have downloaded logs but not sure how to post on here. I can't do it through Photobucket and I don't see anywhere on here to attach the excel log file. Any help would be appreciated.
(#188)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-07-2019, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganBence
Hey all, I have downloaded logs but not sure how to post on here. I can't do it through Photobucket and I don't see anywhere on here to attach the excel log file. Any help would be appreciated.
Go advanced, then you'll see a paperclip icon.

Attach the CSV file so we can evaluate.

Burger Motorsports

(#189)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-07-2019, 10:39 AM

Quote:
I did check with the BlueTooth but does not find any codes.
Car still has CEL and still flashing?

Burger Motorsports

(#190)
Old

Default 10-07-2019, 10:42 AM

Here are 2 pulls on map 1 in manual mode. Please let me know if I can go to another map. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: csv ghibli 1.csv (47.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: csv ghibli 2.csv (15.5 KB, 6 views)
(#191)
Old

Default 10-07-2019, 02:57 PM

for anyone who is going to install.

the only part that can be tricky is the sensor that is at the back of the engine. What worked for me is to use a screwdriver to pop the yellow tab open, then put one finger on the sensor and pull from the wires. When we did it that way, it came out with no problem. Now, getting the new sensor plugged in. Slightly bend the wires to configure it in the right position when you feed it down where the existing wire used to be. It will take a little patience to position it just right to get a finger down to push it in.

Going through the firewall for the OBD was simple. It is a little cramped under the dash so it too will take a little patience. We taped the wire to a screwdriver and just fed it through. It makes it so much easier if you have 2 people.

I will say, once everything is hooked up, it will definitely put a smile on your face. It is well noticeable!!!
(#192)
Old

Car: 2014 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Default 10-08-2019, 08:34 AM

for us 91 oct guys, can we add e85? if so, how much and what map should we log with?
(#193)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-08-2019, 12:13 PM

Quote:
for anyone who is going to install.

the only part that can be tricky is the sensor that is at the back of the engine. What worked for me is to use a screwdriver to pop the yellow tab open, then put one finger on the sensor and pull from the wires. When we did it that way, it came out with no problem. Now, getting the new sensor plugged in. Slightly bend the wires to configure it in the right position when you feed it down where the existing wire used to be. It will take a little patience to position it just right to get a finger down to push it in.

Going through the firewall for the OBD was simple. It is a little cramped under the dash so it too will take a little patience. We taped the wire to a screwdriver and just fed it through. It makes it so much easier if you have 2 people.

I will say, once everything is hooked up, it will definitely put a smile on your face. It is well noticeable!!!
Thank you for the feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whooopasss
for us 91 oct guys, can we add e85? if so, how much and what map should we log with?
Yes! You can start with a mild blend. Add 3-4 gallons of e85 and fill the rest with 91. You can go to another higher map, but get me some logs so we can evaluate

Burger Motorsports

(#194)
Old

Default 10-08-2019, 02:50 PM

payam, attached is map 2. Is this where I should stay or should I move to another map? thanks

Any plans for an air intake for the ghibli?
Attached Files
File Type: csv jb4.csv (16.9 KB, 6 views)
(#195)
Old

Default 10-09-2019, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Car still has CEL and still flashing?
Yes it's still flashing and I show code 0305, I will change sparkplugs on the weekend and see what happens.
(#196)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-10-2019, 10:53 AM

Quote:
payam, attached is map 2. Is this where I should stay or should I move to another map? thanks

Any plans for an air intake for the ghibli?
Looks pretty good to me! What fuel are you running?

No plans for an air intake system at the moment, I'll look into it though!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#197)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-10-2019, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Yes it's still flashing and I show code 0305, I will change sparkplugs on the weekend and see what happens.

That code is a misfire code, so yes the spark plugs will definitely help.

Burger Motorsports

(#198)
Old

Default 10-10-2019, 11:44 AM

Quote:
That code is a misfire code, so yes the spark plugs will definitely help.
I really hope that works. here is a log I captured before that happened. Can you help me reading this?
Attached Images

(#199)
Old

Default 10-10-2019, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Looks pretty good to me! What fuel are you running?

No plans for an air intake system at the moment, I'll look into it though!
Thanks. I'm running 91 pump. So should I stay or use a different map? I'm in southern California as well so if you need a sample car let me know.
(#200)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-11-2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:
I really hope that works. here is a log I captured before that happened. Can you help me reading this?
Can you post the CSV file.

You can learn more about reading logs here:

Logging Parameters and their Meaning - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

Quote:
Thanks. I'm running 91 pump. So should I stay or use a different map? I'm in southern California as well so if you need a sample car let me know.
We suggest map 2 at the most for 91 only. Do you have access to e85 around you?

Burger Motorsports