JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: renault
Default Q60 Red Sport 400 Reliability - 08-07-2021, 05:26 AM

Iím eyeing a lightly used 2017-2018 Q60 RS. Iíve test drove one and love everything about the car. My parents have a G37 in the family and the VQ motor has been outstanding.

Iím curious with these VR motors being relatively new, if reliability has been an issue.

Can any red sport owners comment chime in on mechanical issues you have experienced with the car? Or have you had no issues whatsoever with them?
(#2)
Old
JB4

Car: Q60 Redsport
Default 08-10-2021, 04:43 PM

No issues with mine. I love it!
(#3)
Old

Car: 2018 Q50 3.0t
Default 08-11-2021, 11:22 AM

Go 2018 plus. There was a modification to the turbos done and they also improved the serpentine belt alignment issue that shreds the belts way before they should ever fail. Still not foolproof on the belts though based on others' experience. I just passed 54k miles on my 2018 and good on turbos and belt so far. {Sound of me knocking on wood}
(#4)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q60S AWD
Default 08-11-2021, 09:38 PM

I just passed 30k miles on my '17 Q60 Red Sport AWD. My only warranty issues have been the replacement of both driver's and passenger's window inner seal due to leaving a smudge on the window.

I had the JB4 installed in the summer of 2017, and then had an Ecutek tune installed since September 2018. No issues with the original turbos or the engine. I changed the oil and filter every 5k miles, using Valvoline 5W30 Modern Engine Oil and the over-sized OEM filter.

As for the serpentine belt, I replaced the original belt @ 25k miles with the Gates equivalent. I also have installed a Mishimoto Catch Can, which I empty every oil change.

My car has been dyno'd @ 437 WHP & 502 WTQ on pump gas on a Dynojet AWD dyno.

2017 Q60 Red Sport AWD Iridium Blue / Monaco Red / Premium Plus Package 3.0t Sport / XPEL Clear Bra - Full Hood, Fenders, Doors, Mirrors, Rockers, A-Pillars, and Roof & Rear Qtr (Partial) / FI Full D Ps & CBE / Stoptech Trophy BBK FR & RR w/SS-Braided Brake Lines / Infiniti HE / Infiniti Intakes / AMS LPFP & HPFP (not installed) / Ecutek Tune / BMS Pedal Tuner / Infiniti Radiant Sport Grille / EMM Tuning CF Foglight Finishers / CF Duckbill RR Spoiler / Mishimoto OCC / Stillen RSB & SPL End Links
(#5)
Old

Car: honda
Default 08-12-2021, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michoglen63
Iím eyeing a lightly used 2017-2018 Q60 RS. Iíve test drove one and love everything about the car. My parents have a G37 in the family and the VQ motor has been outstanding.

Iím curious with these VR motors being relatively new, if reliability has been an issue.appvalley tutuapp tweakbox

Can any red sport owners comment chime in on mechanical issues you have experienced with the car? Or have you had no issues whatsoever with them?
issue got solvedd