N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1251)
Old

Car: 2014 M235i
Default 04-11-2018, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
You'll want to select the correct bits for you setup, they are pretty self explanatory but if you have a question about a specific one, post that.

For the ethanol sensor, enable the bits and verify your meth scaling is set to 100.
For bit 0/1, is 2/3/15/16 referring to the FF harness or ethanol sensor pin location? I have ethanol sensor in DB25 pin 3 and the FF is in pin 21, so I assumed it's the ethanol sensor.

For bit 5, does startup mean it's enabling the E85 indicator, or does it indicate something on startup?

And for my ethanol sensor issue specifically... when I initially set it up the instructions said to enable "bit 3", which I think was only an option to do on Future Use D. Is that the correct bit to enable? My meth scaling has been set to 100 since day 1.
(#1252)
Old

Car: bmw 135i n54
Default query - 04-11-2018, 04:26 PM

guys I'm connecting an AIC1 and I'm having problems, when I plug it in and start it, the engine fills up with fuel, it's like I'm shorting the input of the pressure sensor, now I inverted the green wires for yellow and I could To start the engine I have to try it on route to see how someone behaves could give me a hand with this issue? I'm also not sure what data I have to put in the parameters of the jb4 since I see that everyone started using the PI and the AIC1 does not seem to have good results I await comments from Argentina

bmw 135 i m54 jb4 PT 6466 PT intercooler fsb meth
(#1253)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 04-11-2018, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dross50
For bit 0/1, is 2/3/15/16 referring to the FF harness or ethanol sensor pin location? I have ethanol sensor in DB25 pin 3 and the FF is in pin 21, so I assumed it's the ethanol sensor.

For bit 5, does startup mean it's enabling the E85 indicator, or does it indicate something on startup?

And for my ethanol sensor issue specifically... when I initially set it up the instructions said to enable "bit 3", which I think was only an option to do on Future Use D. Is that the correct bit to enable? My meth scaling has been set to 100 since day 1.
Make sure you are running the latest firmware and it's easiest to toggle those on the WMI tab in the interface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurean bmw 135i n54
guys I'm connecting an AIC1 and I'm having problems, when I plug it in and start it, the engine fills up with fuel, it's like I'm shorting the input of the pressure sensor, now I inverted the green wires for yellow and I could To start the engine I have to try it on route to see how someone behaves could give me a hand with this issue? I'm also not sure what data I have to put in the parameters of the jb4 since I see that everyone started using the PI and the AIC1 does not seem to have good results I await comments from Argentina
If you purchased that kit from us, I'd recommend emailing us with install pics to info@fuel-it.com for assistance. That sounds like you have a wiring issue.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#1254)
Old

Car: 2014 M235i
Default 04-12-2018, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Make sure you are running the latest firmware and it's easiest to toggle those on the WMI tab in the interface.
I'm running the latest firmware and the E85 JB4 BEF. I currently have bit 0 and 4 toggled. Is that what I need to toggle to get everything working properly?

I'm currently seeing 0 (sometimes 1) on my E85 indicator. I did a short log yesterday and the E85 went up to about 15 while I was WOT but went back down at the end. I'm running that 51-83% E85 right now so I should be seeing something in that range.
(#1255)
Old

Car: 2007 335i 6mt
Default 05-03-2018, 07:42 PM

Terry, if the DME detects knock or a missfire and goes into limp mode or cuts fuel, will the JB4 PI controller be able to do the same and cut fuel on the port injection?
(#1256)
Old

Car: BMW e92 335i
Default 05-05-2018, 01:24 AM

I've read everything here and wonder if I should exchange my AIC6 controller for a BMS PI controller (I've been lying here for some time)? I noticed that with the AIC6 controller as with the AD engineering controller, each injector has its own connection line, which means that each injector can be controlled individually! The BMS PI Controller controls all injectors at the same time, as - can only monitor all injectors at the same time (all injectors are connected in parallel to 2 lines!). The question arises to me, is the BMS PI controller in parallel control of the injectors better, worse or the same?

JB4 G5 Map7 Add-On BT Rev.3 Android/MHD V8.0 Stage2+ E85+BEF/Wagner FMIC/BMS WMI Single CM10/RB PCV/Oil Cooler/Mocal Oil Cooler Valve+STETT Line/BMS N54 DCI or SIMOTA Intake/MMP In+Alu Outlads/MMP Stage3 Turbo/BMS Oil Catch Can/NGK/M3 Cowl Filters/BMS ALU Chargepipe/Fuel-IT PI ACI or JB4 Modul+Fuel Line Y Adapter+Ethanol Sensor/Fuel-IT Stage3+Hobbs switch12,5Psi/6AT Oil Cooler xHP Software/Wavetrac/Powerflex/H&R/N20 T MAP.
(#1257)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-07-2018, 08:12 AM

When running the JB4 its best to use the BMS controller but both the AIC and BMS are batch fire.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#1258)
Old

Car: BMW e92 335i
Default 05-11-2018, 12:05 AM

Thanks, Steve, I understand!
Will now convert the controllers to BMS!

Best regards
Holger

JB4 G5 Map7 Add-On BT Rev.3 Android/MHD V8.0 Stage2+ E85+BEF/Wagner FMIC/BMS WMI Single CM10/RB PCV/Oil Cooler/Mocal Oil Cooler Valve+STETT Line/BMS N54 DCI or SIMOTA Intake/MMP In+Alu Outlads/MMP Stage3 Turbo/BMS Oil Catch Can/NGK/M3 Cowl Filters/BMS ALU Chargepipe/Fuel-IT PI ACI or JB4 Modul+Fuel Line Y Adapter+Ethanol Sensor/Fuel-IT Stage3+Hobbs switch12,5Psi/6AT Oil Cooler xHP Software/Wavetrac/Powerflex/H&R/N20 T MAP.
(#1259)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-11-2018, 08:10 AM

(#1260)
Old

Car: BMW 335i 2007 e90
Default 05-21-2018, 11:23 AM

I have fuel-it pi with JB4 control module. I'm having trouble getting my port injection turned on. All fuel bias are changed to 50, meth scaling to 99, JB4 menu8 is at 0. Checked all wires connection, no luck. Anyone have some ideas for me?
(#1261)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-21-2018, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymemon
I have fuel-it pi with JB4 control module. I'm having trouble getting my port injection turned on. All fuel bias are changed to 50, meth scaling to 99, JB4 menu8 is at 0. Checked all wires connection, no luck. Anyone have some ideas for me?
Post up some pics and a log.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1262)
Old

Car: BMW 2009 335i xdrive
Default 05-21-2018, 02:57 PM

+1

|E92 335i xDrive| |JB4+MHD BEF| |VM Single Turbo Kit + PTE 6466| |Built Auto Trans| |xHP Trans Flash| |Stage 4-Triple Walbro 450s, fpr + return| |EOS Intake with Port Injection| |AD-ENG FMIC + AD-ENG OCC| |RB PCV Kit| |PR Ignition kit| |Built N54: Darton Sleeved, Manley I-Beam Rods+ARP Rod Bolts, JE 9.5:1 Pistons, JE Wrist Pins, VAC coated main & rod bearings + ARP Head Studs| |Keyed crankshaft snout, crank hub, timing & oil pump sprockets + VTT crank-bolt capture| |ADV Oxygen Sensors|
(#1263)
Old

Default 05-21-2018, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Post up some pics and a log.

Here is the log, what are the exact user adjustments that I need, did i get evrything?
Attached Files
File Type: csv PI log 1.csv (7.0 KB, 37 views)
(#1264)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-21-2018, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Here is the log, what are the exact user adjustments that I need, did i get evrything?
Make a separate post in the support section, state your mods and fuel used etc. Also update your firmware on the Jb4

In the log everything looks normal, but there is not PI turning on. Fuel bias is all at 0, you will need to set them to 50 all across and click SAVE.

Any reason why you are using map 6? Can you get a log on map 1?
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1265)
Old

Default 05-21-2018, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Make a separate post in the support section, state your mods and fuel used etc. Also update your firmware on the Jb4

In the log everything looks normal, but there is not PI turning on. Fuel bias is all at 0, you will need to set them to 50 all across and click SAVE.

Any reason why you are using map 6? Can you get a log on map 1?
Is there anyway i can email you?
(#1266)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-21-2018, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Is there anyway i can email you?
Of course! Payam@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports

(#1267)
Old

Car: 335is
Default 05-23-2018, 09:14 AM

Hi All:

I am installing a Black Market PI system with stage 3 fuel pumps. I was running previously the regular BMS meth system.

In order to have the new Black Market PI system properly connected by the technician who is doing this, we will be supplying meth to the PI system through the meth pump and not through the second LPFP. Having this in mind, what cables from the BMS JB4 Port Injection controller do I need to connect to have the system working properly (To have the meth pump activated)??? There are two yellow cables, one thicker than the other. The thinner yellow one goes connected to pin 9? The thicker one does not need to be connected?

The technician who is working on the car has told me that the thicker yellow cable have 12 volts all the time. Is this is normal??

Thanks in advance for your advises.

2012 335is DCT. 628 WHP VVT turbos 23psi 93 oct pump gas + Meth. Trebila tuned.

707 whp 30 psi E50-E55 with PI. Trebila tuned
(#1268)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-23-2018, 10:35 AM

This is the thread for PI meth discussion: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53251

Burger Motorsports

(#1269)
Old

Car: 335is
Default 05-23-2018, 10:53 AM

Done

2012 335is DCT. 628 WHP VVT turbos 23psi 93 oct pump gas + Meth. Trebila tuned.

707 whp 30 psi E50-E55 with PI. Trebila tuned
(#1270)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 06-03-2018, 02:43 PM

If I have port injection with jb4 controller however no physical sensor which bits do I enable?
Attached Images

(#1271)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-03-2018, 03:27 PM

None.

Burger Motorsports

(#1272)
Old

Car: e92 335i
Default 06-11-2018, 08:52 PM

My n54 is getting MMP stage 3 turbos in one week. I've picked up a BMS PI controller/MMP PI Kit and a stage 3 precision race works pump with upgraded fuel lines. I also have a hob switch that came with the fuel pump but I would prefer to have everything integrated through the jb4.

My existing mods are:
FBO with inlets/outlets
BMS 2-steps
BMS Anti-Lag
Aquamist HFS-2 kit standalone (not integrated to JB4)

I will be installing the stage 3 lpfp / BMS PI controller / MMP PI kit and I'm researching all settings as many have had challenges integrating their kits.

Directions for wiring up the new BMS JB4 Port Injection Controller:

Black connects to ground
Red connects to JB4 power on green connector
Yellow goes to the BMS data cable #9
White goes to JB4 DB25 harness spot #15 (where meth blue would normally go)
Purple goes in the JB4 small gray subconnector #21 as read from the female side
Orange wire is a +12v output for your second fuel pump OR WMI PUMP (if running meth port injection), it has a maximum output of around 2 amps so run it through a relay.

Note with the BMS JB4 PI Controller no programming is required on the controller itself.

Setup on the JB4 end:

1) For this to work the JB4 needs the latest 24k22 programming on the slave chip. Any G5 board shipped after 11/1/2015 will have this programming already. For older boards you can update it by adding the anti-lag chip on our upgrades page.
2) Ensure the JB4 has the latest firmware
3) Set fuel bias to 50 for all RPM spots. This indicates to run the JB4s default curve. From that point you can raise or lower the values by RPM to tell the JB4 to add more or less fuel based on the current tuning conditions. Note the JB4 also takes in to account gear, low fuel pressure, rate of boost gain, intake temperatures, and other factors to arrive at a final port injection output. The output value is displayed as fuel-enrich in JB4 logs.
4) Set "meth scaling" to 99. When port injection is flowing you should see a meth flow trace appear in JB4 logs that mirrors "fuel enrichment" (port injection dutycycle request). If the trace is stuck at 0 there is likely a wiring or setup issue.
5) Menu8 in dash must be set to 0, unless vehicle is manual transmission equipped with a NLS/2STEP relay.

I've also read:

Pin 7 output is ground until jb4 triggers 12v+.

On the WMI tab (for me):
Water/Meth
Boost additive: 0
Signal scaling: 100
Min flow boost: 0

External trigger
Enabled: 1 <- tells jb4 when to activate pin 7
Min rpm: 2500
Max rpm: 7200
Min tps: 45

Any challenges on user setup with having JB4 activate second pump considering I have the Aquamist HFS-2 kit?

Last edited by stickz23; 06-12-2018 at 08:44 AM..
(#1273)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-11-2018, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickz23
My n54 is getting MMP stage 3 turbos in one week. I've picked up a BMS PI controller/MMP PI Kit and a stage 3 precision race works pump with upgraded fuel lines. I also have a hob switch that came with the fuel pump but I would prefer to have everything integrated through the jb4.

My existing mods are:
FBO with inlets/outlets
BMS 2-steps
BMS Anti-Lag
Aquamist HFS-2 kit standalone (not integrated to JB4)

I will be installing the stage 3 lpfp / BMS PI controller / MMP PI kit and I'm researching all settings as many have had challenges integrating their kits.

Directions for wiring up the new BMS JB4 Port Injection Controller:

Black connects to ground
Red connects to JB4 power on green connector
Yellow goes to the BMS data cable #9
White goes to JB4 DB25 harness spot #15 (where meth blue would normally go)
Purple goes in the JB4 small gray subconnector #21 as read from the female side
Orange wire is a +12v output for your second fuel pump OR WMI PUMP (if running meth port injection), it has a maximum output of around 2 amps so run it through a relay.

Note with the BMS JB4 PI Controller no programming is required on the controller itself.

Setup on the JB4 end:

1) For this to work the JB4 needs the latest 24k22 programming on the slave chip. Any G5 board shipped after 11/1/2015 will have this programming already. For older boards you can update it by adding the anti-lag chip on our upgrades page.
2) Ensure the JB4 has the latest firmware
3) Set fuel bias to 50 for all RPM spots. This indicates to run the JB4s default curve. From that point you can raise or lower the values by RPM to tell the JB4 to add more or less fuel based on the current tuning conditions. Note the JB4 also takes in to account gear, low fuel pressure, rate of boost gain, intake temperatures, and other factors to arrive at a final port injection output. The output value is displayed as fuel-enrich in JB4 logs.
4) Set "meth scaling" to 99. When port injection is flowing you should see a meth flow trace appear in JB4 logs that mirrors "fuel enrichment" (port injection dutycycle request). If the trace is stuck at 0 there is likely a wiring or setup issue.
5) Menu8 in dash must be set to 0, unless vehicle is manual transmission equipped with a NLS/2STEP relay.

I've also read:

Pin 7 output is ground until jb4 triggers 12v+.

On the WMI tab (for me):
Water/Meth
Boost additive: 0
Signal scaling: 100
Min flow boost: 0

External trigger
Enabled: 1 <- tells jb4 when to activate pin 7
Min rpm: 2500
Max rpm: 7200
Min tps: 45

Any challenges on user setup with having JB4 active second pump considering I have the Aquamist HFS-2 kit?
Is there any specific reason you want to run Meth and Port injection?

Burger Motorsports

(#1274)
Old

Car: e92 335i
Default 06-12-2018, 08:53 AM

Good question. My story ( I say story because I have not done enough research) is that maintaining meth will help keep AIT as low as possible. I have two nozzles spraying into charge pipe and would expect to keep the same set up assuming it’s possible. Would you suggest removing the meth kit? My setup does not use an FSB and is triggered by injector duty cycle. ( had to tap into injector wires in ecu).
(#1275)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-12-2018, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickz23
Good question. My story ( I say story because I have not done enough research) is that maintaining meth will help keep AIT as low as possible. I have two nozzles spraying into charge pipe and would expect to keep the same set up assuming itís possible. Would you suggest removing the meth kit? My setup does not use an FSB and is triggered by injector duty cycle. ( had to tap into injector wires in ecu).
We recommend to just go full PI. The meth kit will create issues for distribution on the injectors. I pulled my meth kit years ago and have never been happier.

Burger Motorsports