N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 335i Coupe 2007
Default Smoking On Deceleration from WOT - 09-09-2020, 09:05 AM

Hi All, finally have the car back after soon shoddy work had been rectified by my new garage. I have had FBO and recently installed some Bespoke Tuning Hybrid Turbos stage 2+. Since they went on originally the car had oil leaks all over place and the garage that originally fitted the turbos was found not to have replaced the oil feed pipe's which were causing leaks. I also fitted a RB PCV and new rocker cover gasket. However I notice a few times if I go WOT in 4th or 5th for some time, on deceleration the back is quite smoky, looks like blue smoke. Only seemed to happen for around 5 to 10 seconds and then is gone. Strange as on normal driving it doesn't throw any smoke and runs perfect other than this. The garage did say that it might be oil (I use motil) still within the system burning off, but I wonder how long should I expect this to continue to happen or do I have another problem. Had a MM OCC fitted as well so shouldn't be that.

Any ideas or help appreciated

Last edited by paullacey007; 09-09-2020 at 09:08 AM.. Reason: word
(#2)
Old

Car: 2003 Forester
Default 09-09-2020, 12:58 PM

Check out that the boosted side of the PCV is working properly.

I had another type of vehicle that I blocked off the "high" side port to check something real quick for a test drive and after any positive pressure pull would smoke on decel like crazy for 10-15 seconds.