N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#176)
Old

Car: Jeep rubicon
Default 06-11-2020, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drburns
I zip tied it to the wiring harness and a little 3m trim tape to the body. For the Bluetooth I just used the 3m tape to the fuse box cover.
Perfect.

Thank you. I was worried with the heat the tape wouldn't hold but I will give it shot. Hopefully this will get rid of the connectivity issues.
(#177)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-11-2020, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1971
Hey Dr - just added a Borla Climber Touring and now have the same hiccup on 1-2 and 2-3 shift you describe.

I can confirm I have not had this issue just 2 days ago with the stock exhaust, but with Mishi CAI, IC pipe, and DV+ installed. It's been running fine for many months in that configuration.

It's on Map2 but also to a lesser degree on Map1.
Interesting, and any issues using map6 set to 2psi across the board?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#178)
Old

Car: 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Default 06-12-2020, 11:35 AM

Terry, do you think the exhaust could be a contributing factor? However, there are totally stock keeps experiencing the same issues.
(#179)
Old
oceanblue2019

Car: Jeep JL
Default No issues on Map6 - 06-12-2020, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Interesting, and any issues using map6 set to 2psi across the board?
Map6 with 2psi across the range drives fine.

Map1 and Map2 both drive fine if I "roll into" the throttle from 15 mph. If I go WOT from a standing stop I get the lurch.

On Map6 no lurch with WOT from standing start.

Wonder if it's eTorque related? Feels like it might be somehow related. In my roll-on tests eTorque would already be out fo the picture.
(#180)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-12-2020, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Terry, do you think the exhaust could be a contributing factor? However, there are totally stock keeps experiencing the same issues.
I don't think it's exhaust related but too early to tell for sure.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#181)
Old

Default 06-13-2020, 07:02 AM

I noticed today that the iat stayed at 0 for a while on cold start this morning, then jumped to 78* and stayed there the whole drive. It eventually got to 84*, but that doesn’t seem right, and it doesn’t seem to be reading accurately and changing accordingly. It seemed fine a couple of days ago. Not sure why it’s so glitchy.

EDIT: after getting back in the Jeep after a short drive the iat seemed to work fine. So weird.

Last edited by drburns; 06-13-2020 at 09:52 AM..
(#182)
Old

Default 06-13-2020, 11:50 AM

I can confirm that for a 20 min drive in 70* air the iat stayed at 77* and slowly crept to 82* and maxed at 86*. It never read below 77*. I don’t think the intercooler could be that efficient, could it?

Last edited by drburns; 06-13-2020 at 12:20 PM..
(#183)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-13-2020, 03:30 PM

It could be the IAT parameter is returning MAF intake temps rather than charge air temps. If so we'll have to keep hunting to get what we want.

Burger Motorsports

(#184)
Old
oceanblue2019

Default Maf? - 06-13-2020, 06:52 PM

Quote:
It could be the IAT parameter is returning MAF intake temps rather than charge air temps. If so we'll have to keep hunting to get what we want.
Not sure where the MAF is in the Jeep?
(#185)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-13-2020, 07:33 PM

Would be on the intake somewhere, I'd have to poke around myself under the hood and don't have one here full time which has been slowing down the development. One of our guys will buy one sooner or later.

Burger Motorsports

(#186)
Old

Default 06-14-2020, 04:48 AM

I don’t think the Jeep uses an maf sensor. It uses the IAT and MAP sensors to calculate air flow and fueling.

Jeep Wrangler Mass Air Flow Explained - All Peers
(#187)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-14-2020, 09:39 AM

If you have a video or photos of the intake path I can check to confirm there isn't a MAF sensor. I can't remember off hand.

Burger Motorsports

(#188)
Old

Default 06-14-2020, 09:58 AM

Quote:
If you have a video or photos of the intake path I can check to confirm there isn't a MAF sensor. I can't remember off hand.
Here's the install videos from Mishimoto for the intake and the intercooler charge pipe. These videos should give you a good look at the intake path.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_co...ature=emb_logo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE_vi...ature=emb_logo
(#189)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-14-2020, 12:06 PM

No MAF sensor but instead has a dedicated intake temp sensor. So that might be what the JB4 is monitoring currently. Once we're able to get one in house or borrow one for a few days we'll sort out how to monitor charge air temperatures.

Burger Motorsports

(#190)
Old
ElJeepDiablo

Car: Jeep cherokee 2.0t
Default Update - 06-14-2020, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazynighthawk
Alright i ordered the data cable. How would you like me to log and send you the logs ??

Hazynighthawk when you get an update let me know. I have a 2020 cherokee 2.0t and I'm debating on getting this if it actually works for you.
(#191)
Old

Default 06-14-2020, 01:54 PM

So I solved my problems so far.

I couldn't wait for screws and everywhere I went to try to buy them didn't work so I used ZIP TIES to hold the connection together. I hope they last and when I get the screws from Burger, I will swap them when I need to but so far its been holding.

After moving the bluetooth connecter to where DrBurns had his I solved my connectivity issues.

So far so good and finally happy after a torturous back and forth I am sure for all.

Thanks everyone for the help and this is what the forums are about. I appreciate everyone's input and contributions.

Just let me know if I should be concerned about zip ties LOL.

I hope everyone solves their issues because this is a great mod once its all together.

I hope they keep updates frequent...does anyone know the best way to stay up to date?

Thanks again all.

Vinnie
(#192)
Old

Default 06-14-2020, 02:02 PM

Glad you got it sorted out! Probably just check the app for updates every once in a while. I’m sure there will be more to come based on the conversations on this thread.
(#193)
Old
oceanblue2019

Default Jeep - 06-14-2020, 02:22 PM

Quote:
No MAF sensor but instead has a dedicated intake temp sensor. So that might be what the JB4 is monitoring currently. Once we're able to get one in house or borrow one for a few days we'll sort out how to monitor charge air temperatures.
Hi Terry,

Also remember the Jeep has a separate coolant loop for the liquid to air intercooler and a couple sensors in that system. I think another coolant temp sensor and another air temp as two plugs coming out of it - right below where the boost and map sensors are that the JB4 piggybacks.

You may want to get those sorted when you get a donor Jeep to play with.
(#194)
Old

Default 06-14-2020, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Glad you got it sorted out! Probably just check the app for updates every once in a while. Iím sure there will be more to come based on the conversations on this thread.
Mostly because of you. Grateful!
(#195)
Old

Default 06-14-2020, 02:27 PM

The sensor in the charge pipe just below the map sensor is listed as an EGT sensor, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference. I had to order a new one when I installed the charge pipe because I cracked the connector off the sensor trying to remove the plug. They really use the cheapest most brittle plastic in these sensors.
(#196)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-14-2020, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinniechin
So I solved my problems so far.

I couldn't wait for screws and everywhere I went to try to buy them didn't work so I used ZIP TIES to hold the connection together. I hope they last and when I get the screws from Burger, I will swap them when I need to but so far its been
Vinnie
Hopefully the guys got those sent out to you so you can add them in shortly! If no codes it's fine for now but longer term best to have it properly secured.

Burger Motorsports

(#197)
Old

Default 06-14-2020, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Hopefully the guys got those sent out to you so you can add them in shortly! If no codes it's fine for now but longer term best to have it properly secured.
Thanks Terry. Fingers crossed when the get here but everything I tried wouldnít work. I took apart computer screws and they would only thread in so far and stop. I think thatís why they never did it at the factory.

No matter how short the screw it just wouldnít thread in anymore.

I bet something is wrong with the sleeves which is why they didnít do it originally.

I will let you know when I get your screws and try. I think I have something defective in the joint connection.

Fingers crossed.
(#198)
Old

Car: Jeep Wrangler
Default JL 2.0t missfire - 06-15-2020, 09:43 PM

I installed the jb4 last week along with the mishimoto cold air intake and charge pipe and it has run smoothly until today when I tried adding a little bit of e85 to some 91 octane and running map 3. Now all maps missfire including map 0. Did I add too much e85 or something. I will attach some logs
Attached Files
File Type: csv P69_M3_R1_200615_160621.csv (13.3 KB, 68 views)
File Type: csv P69_M3_R1_200615_140512.csv (337.8 KB, 59 views)
File Type: csv P69_M3_R1_200615_140809.csv (22.7 KB, 64 views)
(#199)
Old

Car: Jeep Wrangler
Default 06-15-2020, 09:55 PM

Quote:
The sensor in the charge pipe just below the map sensor is listed as an EGT sensor, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference. I had to order a new one when I installed the charge pipe because I cracked the connector off the sensor trying to remove the plug. They really use the cheapest most brittle plastic in these sensors.
I did the same thing and now my engine is mis firing
(#200)
Old

Default 06-16-2020, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyboi10
I did the same thing and now my engine is mis firing
I put a new sensor in and still have the same issue, so the sensor isnít the problem.