N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 335i E90 LCI A/T
Default JB4 failure upon install. logs included. need help - 06-10-2020, 10:33 AM

After hours of research on the forums, ive finally decided to ask for help, this is all new to me. I am well mechanically inclined but I am not very knowledgeable on the software side of things, ive read countless dead end posts on multiple forums, but i cant decipher these logs on my own.before we get into diagnostics, these are the mods on the car.
CP-E ***
BMS dci
MHD sw with wireless connect/ no map flash yet.

good morning all. I recently just installed a JB4 G5 iso unit in my LCI N54. I bought the JB4 used from a local gentleman. He was kind enough to give me all login info for the jb4 bluetooth connect kit, so i was able to get some logs. Now please keep in mind I am new to the JB4 tuning software so i might be oblivious to some of the information and knowledge there is to know upon installing. So to jump into things, i followed the online installation and ensured everything is wired correctly. The power wire was a concern at first due to the pin being loose but i fixed that. Now the car starts up fine, i let it idle for a good 10 minutes. Oil temps were at operating level. Smooth idle, throttle response and engine response is fine. No CEL at 1st. all is well ready for blastoff so i assumed. Put it in drive, cruised over to a safe test location all was well under regular throttle. Upon WOT car revved to 3k and choked massively almost died completely. Threw CEL , saved codes, researched em, i assumed i can clear em and attempt another run. again feels like a total loss of power, almost felt like the charge pipe buckled or IC piping collapsed but all was fine. CP and bov is on its way arrives today. so will update pretty soon. in the mean while ive included logs and screenshot of my settings throught the jb4 bluetooth app. i believe the FW is up to date. another note to add is the jb4 came out of a single turbo n54. might be good to know. anyways any help is appreciated fellas thanx!

**currently trying to resize attchmnets** sorry
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv P32_M0_R8_JB4 LOG_200609_2024.csv (57.7 KB, 56 views)

Last edited by Jagerelite_N54; 06-10-2020 at 11:11 AM..