N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2008 135i 'Vert M-Sport
Default Looking for some real world tire advice. - 05-25-2020, 11:35 AM

I know lots of discussion about what is the fastest tire but i'm looking for some real world discussion about daily tires. i'm getting ready to replace my Pilot Super Sport 4S which I use as my summer tires. I absolutely love these tires as daily drivers. I have gotten tons of miles out of them, they perform great in rain, and are pretty well balanced in terms of ride quality and noise verse performance.

Is there anything that is a step above these in terms of performance that don't completely sacrifice being able to drive in the rain? I don't mind more harshness or noise but I want to be able to not worry about driving in the rain (Not aggressively).

I see lots of conflicting responses about R888R and RE-71 and rain performance and if the negatives are worth it for a daily driving (Mostly lack of tread life).

Any recommendations for a better performance tires than the Pilot Sport 4S that still daily drive well?
(#2)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 05-26-2020, 02:12 PM

Been on the RFT potenza since I owned the car as brand new until I got a hairline crack on my rear rim inner ring and took it to a friend shop to fix it, he told me to try the Kumho ecsta ps91 which supposed the high-end racing technology, yes a non RFT but I have AAA with 20 minute response time and i have the tier repair kit and pump already in the trunk which i never used for the past 10 years lol so the RFT didn't actually get used anyways, i got the kumho on a really good price almost 2/3 of the Bridgestone with warranty and 6 month road hazard replacement, as soon as I drive home I felt a big difference, totally softer on road, I don't feel every single dot on the road and they really hook pretty well and handle pretty well on corners.

So far I don't 2k miles on it and I'm happy with it so far.

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#3)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 E93
Default 05-26-2020, 02:46 PM

I run R888r no issues. But, I did it for traction issues , so only replaced the rear and left front Pirelli.