N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2012 135i N55 DCT
Default N55 E series stock turbo more boost to redline - 09-19-2018, 10:09 PM

I've always been interested in pushing the stock turbo to see what's achievable, as we all know ~380whp and ~480-500 wtrq can be expected with mods such as JB4 map 7, ******* **, intake, chargepipe, FMIC, E85. But what if we changed up some hardware allowing the turbo to breath more, such as:

-JB4 Custom Map 6- N20 tmap sensor
-BMS backend flash/ modified or custom bef
-Turbo Outlet Pipe (VRSF or ER are the only two that make them I think)
-7in FMIC
-Chargepipe
-Pure turbo inlet
-GFB DV+
-Injen intake (or custom cone filter sitting on top of inlet)
-Good e85 mix of e30-e40 (or as much that can get in there without rail pressure crashing).

Knowing that the gains won't be noticeable like switching to a pure turbo, what would people estimate the power to be, and does anyone think there would be significant gains on the stock turbo with the inlet/outlet ***** and targeting more boost through the upper rpm range given the Dv+ to hold it? Any info would be helpful!!
(#2)
Old
Demigod

Car: 12' 135i
Default 09-20-2018, 07:44 AM

IMO there really won’t be any gains it’s been proven time and time again the stock n55 turbine is the bottleneck

18 Glacier white RS3
#PURETURBOS
#FUELIT
(#3)
Old

Car: 2013 BMW 135is MSport
Default 09-20-2018, 07:53 AM

Iv gotten mine to spike at like 20 psi on map 6 on E60 with meth but it tapers down quickly, the biggest limitation to the N55 is the turbo, after 5500 rpm it cant hold the target boost to redline, increasing the flow wont help as the compressor wheel itself is not designed to hold that amount of boost on the top end. Smaller turbo = low end power+faster spool. A larger turbo would take longer to spool up but you would have your ideal boost pressure to redline

2013 Individual Santorini Blue 135is MSport - JB4 ISO, VRSF D***P***, CPE Chargepipe, BMS Intake, Fuel it Stage 2 LPFP, BMS Methanol CM12 50/50, exhaust cutout, CDV delete, E60 Fuel
Long Island, NY