N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#76)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Default 05-24-2014, 06:32 PM

+1^

Artial is correct. This post: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24991

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#77)
Old

Car: 07 e92 M/T
Default 05-30-2014, 05:16 PM

help?
i just installed RBs, spec clutch with steel single mass fw.

car feels slower than before i had the RBs... can someone help me out.

running full e85 with 455 in tank. dual cm5 nozzles at 75 additive.
Attached Images

FFTEC 6466 Gen2, MHD Flash Tuned by Wedge, BMS PI Kit, FUEL-IT Stg 3 pump, HALTECH PS-1000, MFactory LSD w/lock down brace, ECS Trailing Arms, M3 control arms, M3 brace, DGR Coilovers, N20 tmap sensor, BMS OCC, VRSF exhaust w/4" tips, VRSF CP, Tial BOV. BigTom FMIC, Msport front & rear, m3 sides skirts.
12.23 @ 118.9mph (RBs)
2.3 60' lol (single pass night, bog shifting)
(#78)
Old
Tuner

Cool 05-30-2014, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frmtl2_335i
help?
i just installed RBs, spec clutch with steel single mass fw.

car feels slower than before i had the RBs... can someone help me out.

running full e85 with 455 in tank. dual cm5 nozzles at 75 additive.
Start a new thread in the support section.... not in this Sticky.... and also include the csv files. Also include all info listed in this Sticky:
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24991

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#79)
Old

Car: M235i
Default 06-02-2014, 08:36 PM

Hey Russell,
I noticed the N55 EWG cars run leaner than the pneumatic solenoid cars - do you know the reason? Could you also update the front page to show what AFRs to look out for so us EWG can have a better idea when looking at logs?
(#80)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-03-2014, 10:45 AM

I believe the OEM DME's on newer cars are staying lean over a wider power band to help mileage..... but just a guess. Staying under 15:1 after tip in mid power band is starting to be the norm. If it was really too lean it would knock or miss. DI is a different world. JMHO

Burger Motorsports

(#81)
Old

Car: M135i
Default 06-03-2014, 10:50 AM

how is the jb4 reading arf ? wouldn't the factory ecu be using lamda ?

M135I ER Down-pipe & charge pipe ,Milltek full system,Wagner Performance Intercooler AFE Stage 2 Intake Pure stage 1 Turbo & Quaife LSD
(#82)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-03-2014, 11:01 AM

Yes the probe is a wideband sensor and reads lamda. Most cars run gasoline so lamda is multiplied by 14.7 to get AFR. Cars running 100% E85 are not running anything near 13:1 AFR @ WOT but for the sake of consistent indication..... that is what is displayed. No correction is being applied for fuel mix.

Burger Motorsports

(#83)
Old

Car: M135i
Default 06-03-2014, 11:08 AM

that makes perfect sense especially the bit about ethanol and fuel mix , i was wondering how the jb4 and factory ecu was converting on the fly for different fuel grades. cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell @ BMS
Yes the probe is a wideband sensor and reads lamda. Most cars run gasoline so lamda is multiplied by 14.7 to get AFR. Cars running 100% E85 are not running anything near 13:1 AFR @ WOT but for the sake of consistent indication..... that is what is displayed. No correction is being applied for fuel mix.

M135I ER Down-pipe & charge pipe ,Milltek full system,Wagner Performance Intercooler AFE Stage 2 Intake Pure stage 1 Turbo & Quaife LSD
(#84)
Old

Default 06-03-2014, 03:36 PM

Quote:
So does that mean the ECU reading E35 is not really the correct E35 AFR? If so, how can we determine the actual AFR for safety?
(#85)
Old

Car: bmw 135i n54
Default query - 06-03-2014, 06:39 PM

hello good guys want to give me a review of this map have rb turbos and other items purchased in burger Attachment 20614
(#86)
Old

Default 06-03-2014, 06:40 PM

I do not understand the 50 percent mark meth could someone explain me?
(#87)
Old
Tuner

Cool 06-03-2014, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCredibleM
So does that mean the ECU reading E35 is not really the correct E35 AFR? If so, how can we determine the actual AFR for safety?
Goggle Lamda and AFR.
There are many good articles on the subject, however, it is a little too involved to explain here in a few sentences.
You will have to trust me when I say that the AFR readings in the 12 to 15 range typically seen here (irregardless of type of fuel) are safe on any fuel mix........ but are only 100% correct when running on 100% gasoline.
Also See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air%E2%80%93fuel_ratio

Burger Motorsports

(#88)
Old

Default 06-03-2014, 07:52 PM

Attachment 20617
Quote:
Goggle Lamda and AFR.
There are many good articles on the subject, however, it is a little too involved to explain here in a few sentences.
You will have to trust me when I say that the AFR readings in the 12 to 15 range typically seen here (irregardless of type of fuel) are safe on any fuel mix........ but are only 100% correct when running on 100% gasoline.
Also See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air%E2%80%93fuel_ratio
russell you think of my logs? Attachment 20617

Last edited by laurean bmw 135i n54; 06-03-2014 at 07:55 PM.. Reason: r
(#89)
Old
Tuner

Cool 06-03-2014, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurean bmw 135i n54
I do not understand the 50 percent mark meth could someone explain me?
I assume you are running a BMS supplied meth system. Your "Meth Flow Scaling" value should be set to 60. Yours is set at 45???

Are you running with a single meth nozzle or multiple nozzles?
I am seeing a 21 degree drop in IAT so you are spraying something.
Has the current meth system ever indicated 100 flow in the past?

Your Map 6 is very aggressive since you are raising boost setpoint continuously as RPM rises over the whole rpm range.
Also your Avg Ign value is not staying below 1.5.
You had a knock event at max rpm and boost..... which is not good.

Burger Motorsports

(#90)
Old

Default 06-03-2014, 10:13 PM

Thank you, Russell. That clarified a lot.
(#91)
Old

Default 06-06-2014, 01:03 AM

Hey Russell,
For some reason my JB4 changed from AutoShiftDamper 15 to 0 on its own. Do you know why it would do this and what this is for? I have an N55+EWG car.
(#92)
Old
Tuner

Cool 06-06-2014, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCredibleM
Hey Russell,
For some reason my JB4 changed from AutoShiftDamper 15 to 0 on its own. Do you know why it would do this and what this is for? I have an N55+EWG car.
Auto Shift Damper adjusts the amount of PWM reduction during upshifts with cars with automatic transmissions.
I have no idea how your value got changed.

Burger Motorsports

(#93)
Old

Default 06-06-2014, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Auto Shift Damper adjusts the amount of PWM reduction during upshifts with cars with automatic transmissions.
I have no idea how your value got changed.
Should I just put it back to 15 for the F-chassis?
(#94)
Old

Car: '14 335i EBII MSport
Default 06-17-2014, 08:15 PM

I want to experiment with E85 mixtures, but wanted to see where in the logs I can monitor my FP_H Levels? I do not see it on the graph, but see it in the program. I know if it goes below 11, then that's where its basically maxed out...but I want to know where I need to be looking to monitor this. Thanks.
(#95)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-18-2014, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroprojektzF30
I want to experiment with E85 mixtures, but wanted to see where in the logs I can monitor my FP_H Levels? I do not see it on the graph, but see it in the program. I know if it goes below 11, then that's where its basically maxed out...but I want to know where I need to be looking to monitor this. Thanks.
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24991

Burger Motorsports

(#96)
Old

Car: '14 335i EBII MSport
Default 06-18-2014, 02:15 PM

Quote:
My apologies for the double post
(#97)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i
Default 06-19-2014, 10:37 AM

I need a little help. I seem to be maxing out at about 14.5-15psi boost on map 5. If I bumped up the boost values a pound or two in the user settings would that actually raise my boost? I am currently running JB4 g5 iso,VRSF *********, ER chargepipe Tial blow off valve, BMS dual cone intakes,Cyba scoops and 35% e85.
(#98)
Old
Tuner

Cool 06-19-2014, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1972
I need a little help. I seem to be maxing out at about 14.5-15psi boost on map 5. If I bumped up the boost values a pound or two in the user settings would that actually raise my boost? I am currently running JB4 g5 iso,VRSF *********, ER chargepipe Tial blow off valve, BMS dual cone intakes,Cyba scoops and 35% e85.
Post all car related info and logs in your own original post in the help section.

Burger Motorsports

(#99)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i
Default 06-19-2014, 11:50 AM

I was directed her by Terry and thought this was the help section.
(#100)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-19-2014, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1972
I was directed her by Terry and thought this was the help section.
This whole page is the help section. You posted in a post on how to read logs.

Go here and open a new thread:

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35

Burger Motorsports