SYTFU Crew

Car: 2007 E92 335i
Default 04-26-2011, 10:56 PM

Hurry up Alphatesters! lol

(#2152)
Old

Car: 335i M sport
Default 04-27-2011, 07:47 AM

So the fail safe wont work on custom map 6 ? Will map 3 also have user adjustable menu for the air/fuel/boost/cps ? Because I wanted to get it dyno tuned. lmk. Thanks.

2014 - M6 f06, FabWorx Ctlss DP's, JB4, FSB meth, Turner Exhaust.
2012 - 650i M sport JB stage 1 (Gone)
2009 - 335i N54 JB4, DINAN CAI, MACHT SHNELL DP'S, HPF FMIC, ER CP, SYNAPSE BOV, EISENMANN RACE EXHAUST, BT OIL CC, COOLINGMIST/SNOW PERFORMANCE METH INJECTION - 427 WHP DYNOJET (Gone)
(#2153)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 04-27-2011, 09:15 AM

Is there anyway to make the automatic transmission not shift in sport mode unless you tell it to? Im sure you have driven before and seen it just switch out of DS into D.
(#2154)
Old

Car: '07 SGM 335i
Default 04-27-2011, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbreeE90
Is there anyway to make the automatic transmission not shift in sport mode unless you tell it to? Im sure you have driven before and seen it just switch out of DS into D.
Once you move the shift lever over to DS it should not switch to D. The car will still shift itself in DS, it just stays in each gear longer (among other things). The only way to truly control your own shifts is to upshift or downshift into Manual mode (M).
(#2155)
Old

Default 04-27-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTepper
Once you move the shift lever over to DS it should not switch to D. The car will still shift itself in DS, it just stays in each gear longer (among other things). The only way to truly control your own shifts is to upshift or downshift into Manual mode (M).
No, if you are shifting yourself in Manual mode if you wait to long it will shift itself.
(#2156)
Old

Default 04-27-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
No, if you are shifting yourself in Manual mode if you wait to long it will shift itself.
Only if it hits the rev limiter
(#2157)
Old

Default 04-27-2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Only if it hits the rev limiter
Nope. This question was directed for Terry anyway.
(#2158)
Old

Default 04-27-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Nope. This question was directed for Terry anyway.
Let me slow this down for you, please take notes.

1) The inquiry was not addressed to Terry, it was a general post to the thread. Terry is busy developing features for JB4, I'm sure he appreciates knowledgeable users assisting in the answering of questions.

2) If in full automatic mode (D) and you manually shift, it will eventually go back to full automatic (D). However, if you move the shift lever into sport mode (DS) and you shift manually it will convert to full manual mode (M) and will not shift until you A) shift, b) hit the rev limiter, or C) move the shift lever back to full automatic (D).

Last edited by DCTepper; 04-27-2011 at 10:44 AM..
(#2159)
Old

Default 04-27-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Let me slow this down for you, please take notes.

1) The inquiry was not addressed to Terry, it was a general post to the thread. Terry is busy developing features for JB4, I'm sure he appreciates knowledgeable users assisting in the answering of questions.

2) If in full automatic mode (D) and you manually shift, it will eventually go back to full automatic (D). However, if you move the shift lever into sport mode (DS) and you shift manually it will convert to full manual mode (M) and will not shift until you A) shift, b) hit the rev limiter, or C) move the shift lever back to full automatic (D).

Why do you go try this. Switch into sport mode, use the paddle shifters, go into second gear, dont shift, let it hang out around 5000rpm for a while. Tell me what happens.

Last edited by GbreeE90; 04-27-2011 at 11:01 AM..
(#2160)
Old

Car: 2008 335xi
Default 04-27-2011, 10:56 AM

The previous owner of my car did the exhaust flap mod be removing the tube and plugging the ports. I want to put the tube back in and use the JB4 to do this is software. Anyone know where I could get some of that tubing and what size/diameter I need?
(#2161)
Old

Car: 335 coupe
Default 04-27-2011, 03:07 PM

Doing some logs tonight if the rain holds out
(#2162)
Old

Car: BMW 135i
Default 04-27-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Why do you go try this. Switch into sport mode, use the paddle shifters, go into second gear, dont shift, let it hang out around 5000rpm for a while. Tell me what happens.
+1. On that particular situation, it will happen. I hate it when that happens on a rolling start race. It will grab the next gear right before I hit the gas. You can lose a car lenght until it shifts back down and starts pushing forward.

Back to JB4 stuff.

2009 135i auto, JB4, DP fix, Code 3 intercooler, RR *********, RR full intake system, custom 3in exhaust with Magnaflow pipe.
(#2163)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-27-2011, 03:27 PM

Added 4/22 with a couple CANflap bugs fixed.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2164)
Old
;o

Car: E92 335i/320i
Default 04-27-2011, 03:28 PM

awesome
Great work Mr T
(#2165)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-27-2011, 05:01 PM

If I had to answer one more email asking why CANflap isn't saving when they go back in menu 4 I was going to shoot myself in the head. So updated the 4/22 firmware to reflect the saved position when entering the menu. Will post the firmware in a few minutes.

I saw around 7 of you grabbed it before I made this change. Just delete it and redownload.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2166)
Old

Car: 335i M sport
Default 04-27-2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iMspizzle
So the fail safe wont work on custom map 6 ? Will map 3 also have user adjustable menu for the air/fuel/boost/cps ? Because I wanted to get it dyno tuned. lmk. Thanks.
BUMP

2014 - M6 f06, FabWorx Ctlss DP's, JB4, FSB meth, Turner Exhaust.
2012 - 650i M sport JB stage 1 (Gone)
2009 - 335i N54 JB4, DINAN CAI, MACHT SHNELL DP'S, HPF FMIC, ER CP, SYNAPSE BOV, EISENMANN RACE EXHAUST, BT OIL CC, COOLINGMIST/SNOW PERFORMANCE METH INJECTION - 427 WHP DYNOJET (Gone)
(#2167)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-27-2011, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iMspizzle
BUMP
If you are using methanol you'll be using map 3 only. You set the boost curve using the meth additive field. AFR and CPS curves are set as normal. With meth as is with race gas, CPS should be set to all zeros.

Burger Motorsports

(#2168)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-27-2011, 05:33 PM

Put 4/22 back up with the menu change.

Burger Motorsports

(#2169)
Old
;o

Car: E92 335i/320i
Default 04-27-2011, 05:34 PM

downloaded
(#2170)
Old

Car: '11 335is DCT
Default 04-27-2011, 06:02 PM

Haha! Cool!
(#2171)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 04-27-2011, 11:28 PM

So the Interface is all good just the firmware was being fixed for bugs?
It been raining non stop so haven't been able to log but the new interface is awesome.

135i - JB4 15ohm l Mr 5 Intake l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l BMS Methanol Injection l Berk Tech Mids l Berk Tech Axleback l BMS OCC l ER CP l Turbosmart BOV's. SOLD

335i DCT - JB4 G5 ISO l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l Custom Intake l Meth l BMS E85 Flash l BMS OCC l ER CP l Walbro 255 l Turbosmart BOV's. CURRENT
(#2172)
Old
Engineer

Car: 2008 BSM 335i Coupe
Default 04-28-2011, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexcami
+1. On that particular situation, it will happen. I hate it when that happens on a rolling start race. It will grab the next gear right before I hit the gas. You can lose a car lenght until it shifts back down and starts pushing forward.

Back to JB4 stuff.
If you brake boost before the rolling start, you'll should have no problems with it upshifting.

2008 BSM 335i coupe-jb4.BMS intake.meth
1999 Pontiac Grand Prix-10.5PSI.PRJ LL Cam.supporting mods

(#2173)
Old

Default 04-28-2011, 10:53 AM

loaded 4/22 with no problems. I don't know if it's it's just me but the car seemed louder when cold with the golf tee mod physically in place. Map 5 feels stronger than previous firmware.
(#2174)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-28-2011, 10:54 AM

Peek in the tailpipe and make sure the flapper is open.

Burger Motorsports

(#2175)
Old
Country Roads!

Car: 2009 135i
Default 04-28-2011, 11:01 AM

Terry, did you do anything that would change how the car feels down low? Not sure what the deal is, or if I just got a really good tank of fuel, but it feels like she has a whole lot more oomph down low.

Mods: FBO