N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#651)
Old
Enjoys Retirement

Car: 09 135i with M-sport Pkg
Default 01-09-2011, 02:23 PM

Question regarding the DP fix integrated with the JB4. Would it affect anything if the car is running cats or is there a disable for it? Would probably run without cats eventually but for now I have stock cats.

Thanks.

Autobahn.......its what's for dinner!!!
(#652)
Old

Car: 335i e92
Default 01-09-2011, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsabor67
Question regarding the DP fix integrated with the JB4. Would it affect anything if the car is running cats or is there a disable for it? Would probably run without cats eventually but for now I have stock cats.

Thanks.
as far as i know, the dp fix just clears the codes that pop up. doesn't alter any signals.
(#653)
Old
Ma need more protein !

Car: 2009 335i x drive
Default 01-09-2011, 03:29 PM

Im running the 1.11.11 right now seems smooth just have to wait for the oil temps to warm up.

2009 335 xdrive - Muff Delete, JB4 (ALPHA), DCIs, V701 GM, CF Splitters, +mas
(#654)
Old
Holla

Car: 2009 335i 6MT
Default 01-09-2011, 03:33 PM

I had my car running for 20 minutes today, i never broke 160 oil temps.

UGH LOL
(#655)
Old

Car: 135i Cabrio, 6sp, M-Sport
Default 01-09-2011, 03:56 PM

About that...is that normal? That needle does not move off 160 forever. And I have to take it easy on the engine until it does. Which takes A LOT of restrain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSlick

UGH LOL
(#656)
Old
JB4 FTW!!!

Car: 2010 535i MSport
Default 01-09-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
They are all 535i compatible right now.
Great to hear! I saw post 1 and saw config gauges only for the 135 and 335.
(#657)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 01-09-2011, 05:32 PM

Uploaded 1.11.11 this afternoon and tested the coding reading feature. It seems to be working fine. Unfortunately it told me my Service light is the result of a 2FBF fault code.
(#658)
Old

Default 01-09-2011, 05:42 PM

The dreaded fuel pump failure code? how long ago have you gotten the Service light?
(#659)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 01-09-2011, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon133
The dreaded fuel pump failure code? how long ago have you gotten the Service light?
A couple of weeks ago I think but I honestly don't have any of the normal issues such as misfires or long cranks. I was thinking of clearing it and see if it comes back. I'm still on my original hfpf, but I only have 27K miles.
(#660)
Old

Car: 335i e92
Default 01-09-2011, 06:01 PM

Quote:
About that...is that normal? That needle does not move off 160 forever. And I have to take it easy on the engine until it does. Which takes A LOT of restrain.
seems to reach operating temp faster in city/stop-and-go traffic.
(#661)
Old
Holla

Car: 2009 335i 6MT
Default 01-09-2011, 06:11 PM

Quote:
I dont really drive my car in the winter, cause i dont drive it in the snow or salt, however when i do drive it, it takes a good 10-15 min of normal driving to get past 160. 30 degree weather.

If I let it idle, it takes about 30 minutes.

This is regardless of tune, so its not tune related.

If you throw some boost at it, say 4 to 5 psi during normal driving, it naturally warms up quicker.
(#662)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-09-2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco
Great to hear! I saw post 1 and saw config gauges only for the 135 and 335.
Oh I'll update that, 535i uses 335i mode.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#663)
Old

Default 01-09-2011, 06:42 PM

Thinking about the oil temp and the warm up times brings me to two questions for Master Terry. One, is there a way to hijack digital gauges to show oil temp? that way it will be more precise and actually tell us how oil is doing between 0 and 160 during the warm up? Two, I love the transport mode option, but would it be possible to add another level of flexibility to adjust the cut off RPM? I don't want a wallet guy cold starting my car and revving it up to 4500 to warm it up faster (seen it happen and some of them actually think it's cool to deliver a car nice and warm for a customer for a higher tip). I never rev past 3K before I leave my subdivision and I don't want anyone else to do it either (call me selfish). Anyone else cares for those options?
(#664)
Old

Default 01-09-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSlick

UGH LOL

I never meant to imply it was tune related. The car always took forever to warm up. And I am storing mine for the winter as well. But after I installed a JB4, I had to take it out for a drive!!!
(#665)
Old
JB4 FTW!!!

Car: 2010 535i MSport
Default 01-09-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Oh I'll update that, 535i uses 335i mode.
Perfect! Thank you Terry!
(#666)
Old
Turbo Lover

Car: 300zx TT, 1M
Send a message via Skype™ to SlicktopTTZ
Default 01-10-2011, 01:07 AM

On the parameter Air/Fuel additive, will greater numbers increase or decrease the fuel enrichment?

Based on some recent logs my car is running kinda lean, sometime even 15:1, and i'm getting some timing dropouts even on a 9psi map6. It may be bad gas, and my fuel pressure is looking strange so my hpfp my be dying.

If anyone can explain this parameter it would really help out!
(#667)
Old

Car: 335I
Default 01-10-2011, 01:16 AM

guys i am running Map2 on JB4 with DCI ,i didnt change any option in JB4 ,left it on default ,is there any other setting i might change to improve performance? whats this gauge thing?
(#668)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-10-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodi
guys i am running Map2 on JB4 with DCI ,i didnt change any option in JB4 ,left it on default ,is there any other setting i might change to improve performance? whats this gauge thing?
The in dash gauges are great. Cheat-sheet is on the first page to play with them.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#669)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Cool 01-10-2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ
On the parameter Air/Fuel additive, will greater numbers increase or decrease the fuel enrichment?

Based on some recent logs my car is running kinda lean, sometime even 15:1, and i'm getting some timing dropouts even on a 9psi map6. It may be bad gas, and my fuel pressure is looking strange so my hpfp my be dying.

Higher is richer..... lower A/F ratio. Send terry some .csv logs to look at since these also have HPFP pressure information also. Not sure the A/F ratio trend is fully calibrated or not but the timing indication is correct.
(#670)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-10-2011, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ

Higher air/fuel setting richens the mixture. But the AFR reading is from the stock sensors and does not yet add in the fuel enrichment the JB4 is doing. It's just there as a reference.

Burger Motorsports

(#671)
Old
Turbo Lover

Car: 300zx TT, 1M
Send a message via Skype™ to SlicktopTTZ
Default 01-10-2011, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Higher air/fuel setting richens the mixture. But the AFR reading is from the stock sensors and does not yet add in the fuel enrichment the JB4 is doing. It's just there as a reference.
Can't wait to see the "Actual A/F" value finished!

I noticed the fuel enrichment logging variable. Does this relate to how much extra duty cycle is being put on the fuel injectors? I would like to see better timing on 93 pump, would the extra fuel at a value of 70 or so be detrimental in any way?

I don't mind running a 11.5:1 to 12.5:1 Air/Fuel ratio for 12-14 psi.
(#672)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-10-2011, 11:14 AM

For questions specific to your car just email us.

Burger Motorsports

(#673)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 01-10-2011, 02:39 PM

Comment for the Gauge Hijacking-

I would like to see the gauges remain hijacked after the first > 80 % throttle event and re-set after the car is shut down/started again.

My view point is this- It's nice to see the fuel level and oil temp when first driving the car, once the car is up to operating temp, I really have no need for the oil gauge nor the fuel gauge at this point and now it's time for gauge hijacking and monitoring other things (boost,IAT's, etc).....
(#674)
Old
SYTFU Crew

Car: 2007 E92 335i
Default 01-10-2011, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnl135i
Comment for the Gauge Hijacking-

I would like to see the gauges remain hijacked after the first > 80 % throttle event and re-set after the car is shut down/started again.

My view point is this- It's nice to see the fuel level and oil temp when first driving the car, once the car is up to operating temp, I really have no need for the oil gauge nor the fuel gauge at this point and now it's time for gauge hijacking and monitoring other things (boost,IAT's, etc).....
Just leave option 5 - 6 on until car is warm then toggle it off

(#675)
Old

Car: 335I
Default 01-10-2011, 09:56 PM

guys , excuse me for asking ,what are "configure gauge for 335" controls in the "dash in" do?
like option 5-2 or 5-3? i dont understand this.