N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3401)
Old
Enjoys Retirement

Car: 09 135i with M-sport Pkg
Default 10-05-2011, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by az335iat
+1 on my 335i. Looks like Xi and i are different.
Only the Germans could design such a user interface..... user interface is CRAP..... system works pretty good.
You should see the crap that VW is doing now on their cars. Speed control to stop you from coming up a certain distance on cars and some kiind of steering assist that if it feels you are on the outside lines of a lane it will bring your car back in line.

It's supposed to be a feature that will be built into upcoming cars(at least theirs) soon

Autobahn.......its what's for dinner!!!
(#3402)
Old
Vintage

Car: F10 N55 PWG
Default 10-06-2011, 09:33 AM

Terry does the 8/15 firmware work with the 9/16 interface. Dont have enough time to download the firmware at the moment so was gonna run it with the old firmware and new interface.

2014 F10 535i N55 PWG
(#3403)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-06-2011, 09:35 AM

Yes

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3404)
Old
Vintage

Car: F10 N55 PWG
Default 10-06-2011, 09:38 AM

Thanks!

2014 F10 535i N55 PWG
(#3405)
Old
Pessimistic Poster

Car: 135i N54
Default 10-06-2011, 01:17 PM

Question about the 'cold oil' protection mode. I know it limits the boost until the minimum temperature is reached, but are the JB4 optimizations also disabled in that mode, such as lagfix, bogfix, timing map, etc, until it reaches the activation point? Thanks
(#3406)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-06-2011, 01:19 PM

Yes everything is disabled and the car is 100% stock until oil temps > 160.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3407)
Old
Pessimistic Poster

Car: 135i N54
Default 10-06-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes everything is disabled and the car is 100% stock until oil temps > 160.
Are there any plans to make this user adjustable? I already have the habit of staying out of boost with cold engine from driving other turbo cars year round, and I really like the responsiveness with the other features enabled, even if I don't use heavy throttle or go into positive boost. Just asking because my commute is pretty short and with winter approaching I probably wouldn't hit the min temp until right before my destination. If it's a liability or too stressful on the components I understand. Sorry if it's been asked before.
(#3408)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 10-06-2011, 01:52 PM

hey Terry - hopefully this isn't a dumb question. i have an older jb3 pinout and i'm looking for the detailed instal/uninstal directions. i thought i remebered something on this site in addition to what's on the bms site. does anything still exist? i'm having motor work done and need to remove the jb3 until everything is done.
thx!
(#3409)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-06-2011, 02:04 PM

Just a change to the fueling strategy we're testing out. Nothing should be noticeable to the end user.

Burger Motorsports

(#3410)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-06-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorsprung_CJB
Are there any plans to make this user adjustable? I already have the habit of staying out of boost with cold engine from driving other turbo cars year round, and I really like the responsiveness with the other features enabled, even if I don't use heavy throttle or go into positive boost. Just asking because my commute is pretty short and with winter approaching I probably wouldn't hit the min temp until right before my destination. If it's a liability or too stressful on the components I understand. Sorry if it's been asked before.
Maybe some day. But even lagfix on cold oil is not going to be good for them...

Burger Motorsports

(#3411)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-06-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboost980
read somewhere that helps reduce knock during part throttle is this true??Will it loose,increase spool up during part to half throttle or power with this change??I know when I had my other turbo car we had the car setup with lean spool around 14.8 afr during spool//
No it doesn't really have anything to do with that.

Burger Motorsports

(#3412)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-06-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboost980
WHat about targting richer afr's wot Like cobbs fuel trims?
I don't prefer their boost, fuel, and advance curves down low and have no plans to emulate them or make any changes there. If you have any additional related questions there is already a discussion going here: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13879

Burger Motorsports

(#3413)
Old

Car: '07 335i
Default 10-07-2011, 07:00 PM

Just went to download the new firmware (great idea on the meth additive on the fly!) and noticed this:

1) Modified meth purge to display meth flow in dash. To enable purge mode go to 7/5 in command mode and with command mode open press the gas pedal down. With line removed from nozzle while purging the signal should reflect 0. With the nozzle connected to line and spraying in to a bucket or water bottle the signal should reflect a normal 40-50% reading. Avoid using this function with the nozzle and line installed in the charge pipe as spraying large amounts of water/meth in to a motor not running may result in various headaches.

I never heard anything about this til now. Does this mean I can purge my meth line through command mode now and not have to go through the VC2 in the trunk?

'07 E90 MT Sports Package l FBO l RB Next Gen Plus l JB4 G5 with DPT E85 BEF l N20 MAP Sensor l MMP Inlets l RB Outlets l Custom Exhaust l NLS & 2-Step l MFactory 3.46 LSD l 335is Clutch with MFactory SMFW l Walbro 450 l Direct Port Meth Injection

Best 1/4 ET: 11.4
Best 1.4 Trap: 127.7
(#3414)
Old

Car: '07 335i
Default 10-07-2011, 07:02 PM

Wait, I just thought about it and obviously JB4 can't control the VC2. I assume then that this is only for those running the FSB/ JB4 only?

'07 E90 MT Sports Package l FBO l RB Next Gen Plus l JB4 G5 with DPT E85 BEF l N20 MAP Sensor l MMP Inlets l RB Outlets l Custom Exhaust l NLS & 2-Step l MFactory 3.46 LSD l 335is Clutch with MFactory SMFW l Walbro 450 l Direct Port Meth Injection

Best 1/4 ET: 11.4
Best 1.4 Trap: 127.7
(#3415)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Cool 10-07-2011, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude2perfect
Wait, I just thought about it and obviously JB4 can't control the VC2. I assume then that this is only for those running the FSB/ JB4 only?
Yep.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#3416)
Old

Car: 335is
Default 10-08-2011, 01:30 PM

Terry, I read a post a while ago regarding the downshift delay experienced with the DCT tranny in the 335is. Was wondering if you were still looking into ways to counteract this annoyance. Thanks.
(#3417)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-08-2011, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMy6Spd
Terry, I read a post a while ago regarding the downshift delay experienced with the DCT tranny in the 335is. Was wondering if you were still looking into ways to counteract this annoyance. Thanks.
It isn't something we've spent any time on yet, but definitely something we plan to spend time on in the future. Just can't give an ETA as its one of many things being juggled around.

Burger Motorsports

(#3418)
Old

Car: 335is
Default 10-09-2011, 05:25 AM

Quote:
It isn't something we've spent any time on yet, but definitely something we plan to spend time on in the future. Just can't give an ETA as its one of many things being juggled around.
Thanks for the reply. Understood, I guess the good news is that you have a lot in the works, which is great for all of us!
(#3419)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 10-09-2011, 02:13 PM

hey terry i just loaded the newest hex file into the car and went through all my setting making sure everything was set up the way i wanted. I checked option 9 and it was defaulted to 4000rpm, so does this mean i would be running 4psi more boost since i am on map 3? I haven't givin the car full throttle since i have loaded it cause i don't wanna over boost.
(#3420)
Old

Car: 535i
Default 10-09-2011, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanC
hey terry i just loaded the newest hex file into the car and went through all my setting making sure everything was set up the way i wanted. I checked option 9 and it was defaulted to 4000rpm, so does this mean i would be running 4psi more boost since i am on map 3? I haven't givin the car full throttle since i have loaded it cause i don't wanna over boost.
That sounds right, but you can always double check your settings by looking at your Meth Additive in the JB4 application itself.

Cool stuff no longer installed.
(#3421)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-09-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoschadlin
That sounds right, but you can always double check your settings by looking at your Meth Additive in the JB4 application itself.
Right, that is a +40 additive.

Burger Motorsports

(#3422)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 10-09-2011, 04:41 PM

if you plan on going above a 40 additive do you need to adjust the Boost limit in the User settings?

15' M4 : JB4 : BMS intake : Meisterhaft full exhaust : AR DP's : MSR Charge ***** : H&R Sport Springs / 08' E92 335i : Montego Blue : JB4-G5 : DCI : BMSMeth : BMSoilCC : VRSF DP's : VRSF Front Mount : 19" Vertini Magic : Bridgestone RE-11 : Carbon CSL Trunk Lip : MtechRearBumper : Mtech FrontBumper
(#3423)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-09-2011, 04:47 PM

Of course!

Burger Motorsports

(#3424)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 10-09-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Of course!
Okay wasn't sure if it auto adjusted when using the steering wheel setting

15' M4 : JB4 : BMS intake : Meisterhaft full exhaust : AR DP's : MSR Charge ***** : H&R Sport Springs / 08' E92 335i : Montego Blue : JB4-G5 : DCI : BMSMeth : BMSoilCC : VRSF DP's : VRSF Front Mount : 19" Vertini Magic : Bridgestone RE-11 : Carbon CSL Trunk Lip : MtechRearBumper : Mtech FrontBumper
(#3425)
Old
Band

Car: 135i
Default 10-09-2011, 06:35 PM

Terry a little help.
Just back from Oman.
I keep getting the DP codes. I set the codes to map 3 but the service engine light remains.
2 The oil temps show 340ish on start up. I did the 135 change on the speedo 5 to map 1 so the map changes matched the codes/maps. Also I can't to the cooling mode (6 on the speedo) what am I doing wrong?

Vae Victis!

If you are not going Juice Box then you are going slow.

Last edited by DaleM; 10-09-2011 at 06:53 PM..