N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: Bmw 335i n54
Default 335i n54 not idling - 05-25-2020, 05:31 PM

I hope someone can help, 2007 335i n54, I just pulled the motor to have the head rebuilt, I pulled the motor myself and brought it to the mechanic as a long block, I got the motor back and put everything back on and slapped it in, after hooking everything up and fixing the kinks the car will start idle smooth then shut off about 15 seconds. It almost sounds like it runs out of fuel, I replaced the low pressure fuel sensor and the intake and exhaust camshaft sensor. When the exhaust camshaft sensor isn't reading the car will not shut off and will idle perfectly but obviously it turns off the boost and I get a check engine light. When I clear the camshaft code and restart the car it idles perfectly and will stay running however when I give it gas it revs up then dies!
I've been chasing this issue for so long and would love some ideas, the car is full bolt on tuned with mhd and stage 2 turbos, also worth noting new spark plugs new coil packs new fuel in the system! Thanks in advance!
(#2)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 05-26-2020, 01:58 PM

First I would double check the injectors went back in same order they had it in and coded before taking the engine apar, make sure the small ground wires properly connected on the wires also the engine ground to frame connected properly.

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#3)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 05-26-2020, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanh455
I hope someone can help, 2007 335i n54, I just pulled the motor to have the head rebuilt, I pulled the motor myself and brought it to the mechanic as a long block, I got the motor back and put everything back on and slapped it in, after hooking everything up and fixing the kinks the car will start idle smooth then shut off about 15 seconds. It almost sounds like it runs out of fuel, I replaced the low pressure fuel sensor and the intake and exhaust camshaft sensor. When the exhaust camshaft sensor isn't reading the car will not shut off and will idle perfectly but obviously it turns off the boost and I get a check engine light. When I clear the camshaft code and restart the car it idles perfectly and will stay running however when I give it gas it revs up then dies!
I've been chasing this issue for so long and would love some ideas, the car is full bolt on tuned with mhd and stage 2 turbos, also worth noting new spark plugs new coil packs new fuel in the system! Thanks in advance!
can you post the ECU codes ?

JB4 flash with JB4, 4.0 bar sensor, DocR 6870, Race InterC, FuelIT stage 3 (525), Helix OverDrv 3x, Phoenix Intake with PI (750cc) with BMS controller, PrRW coil pack kit, WaveTrc Diff. E85