N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3726)
Old

Car: 2014 435I
Default 02-02-2020, 12:30 PM

Set Duty Bias to 50 across the board...

'14 435I RWD MHD "Shoup Custom Tune" BigBoost Stage 3 Turbo Spool FX-150 XHP Trans Tune VRSF Race Cooler VRSF CP BMS Intake Borla ATAK Exhaust Custom Down-pipe Stage 3 LPFP BMP4 EKP M Performance LSD Phoenix Racing PI Intake Manifold AIC2-P controller e85 3.5 TMAP NGK 5992 Plugs "0.020"
(#3727)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-02-2020, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumaurier7
Hello all, I have the newest version of the JB4 installed in my F22, seems to be working fine thus far! I went ahead an pulled the trigger on a Bluetooth connect kit and installed it which was very simple as well as this again is the newest version so there is no need to tap into the JB4s' power wire,just plug in, secure and go! Problem is the device does not connect ! am I missing something? are there special in app settings?
Maybe you have an older board that does not support the internal power wire? Photo of the JB4 control board?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3728)
Old

Car: 2014 BMW 435i
Default 02-02-2020, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phataxe
Set Duty Bias to 50 across the board...
Even on map 5?
(#3729)
Old

Car: 2014 435I
Default 02-02-2020, 09:53 PM

Read thru the posts you do it on all EWG jb4's

'14 435I RWD MHD "Shoup Custom Tune" BigBoost Stage 3 Turbo Spool FX-150 XHP Trans Tune VRSF Race Cooler VRSF CP BMS Intake Borla ATAK Exhaust Custom Down-pipe Stage 3 LPFP BMP4 EKP M Performance LSD Phoenix Racing PI Intake Manifold AIC2-P controller e85 3.5 TMAP NGK 5992 Plugs "0.020"
(#3730)
Old

Car: 2014 BMW 435i
Default 02-02-2020, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phataxe
Read thru the posts you do it on all EWG jb4's
Sweet, thanks for the heads up!
(#3731)
Old

Car: M235i
Default 02-03-2020, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Maybe you have an older board that does not support the internal power wire? Photo of the JB4 control board?
Fixed it.
(#3732)
Old

Default 02-03-2020, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLBimmer
Is there an update on this with firmware. I have used the method described in video to avoid the fault code at start and still happens. I have a 2016 435 xi F36 N55. I have the JB4 BEF and running JB4 Map5 with EWG.

running the EWG_16 firmware
Same with me!
(#3733)
Old

Car: 2014 335i m-sport
Default 02-05-2020, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard
@Terry

Is there any way to go back on updates?

Both EWG_17 don't seem to allow dash hijack.

Settings don't save, the needles make no sense. It doesnt even let you go to setting 8.

On the T10 revision the needle will stay put...but about every 8ish seconds it flickers to zero then goes right back to its original placement.

EWG16_Test doesn't save the dash hijack setting either.

EWG_16 worked just fine on the N55 M2
i have the same issue on my 335i

F30 335i | ER Chargepipe | ER Down-Pipe | Wagner Intercooler | BMS Intake | Meisterschaft Exhaust | MHD BEF JB4 Map 3 / 30% e85 / 50:50 Meth
(#3734)
Old

Default 02-06-2020, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Same with me!
please hurry up guys, these false codes are really becoming irritating , they still come although I do the power on first work around.
(#3735)
Old

Car: 2017 m2
Default 02-20-2020, 10:16 AM

Anyone know why were told to set FutureUseD bit6 to on instead of just running map 2 on its own...? Also if I have no boost safety value in my user adjustment settings should I self input one? Appreciate any and all help!!!
(#3736)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 02-20-2020, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2_Beasty
Anyone know why were told to set FutureUseD bit6 to on instead of just running map 2 on its own...? Also if I have no boost safety value in my user adjustment settings should I self input one? Appreciate any and all help!!!
For M2 it's required to set FUD 6 because of the higher DME boost request.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3737)
Old

Default 02-20-2020, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
I see, just tryna make sure Im not ganna blow my stock charge pipe 😂 ... should I set a boost safety value?
(#3738)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 02-20-2020, 01:37 PM

Quote:
I see, just tryna make sure Im not ganna blow my stock charge pipe 😂 ... should I set a boost safety value?
JB4 should already come preset with a boost safety value.

It happens on stock boost levels, you'll eventually want this:

https://www.burgertuning.com/product...0eb619c8&_ss=r

Burger Motorsports

(#3739)
Old

Default 02-20-2020, 01:42 PM

Quote:
JB4 should already come preset with a boost safety value.

It happens on stock boost levels, you'll eventually want this:

https://www.burgertuning.com/product...0eb619c8&_ss=r
Appreciate all your help Im deff going to do my fmic and charge pipe next!! but my values are all 0... can I email you a screenshot or is it safe to send thru here?
(#3740)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 02-20-2020, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Appreciate all your help I’m deff going to do my fmic and charge pipe next!! but my values are all 0... can I email you a screenshot or is it safe to send thru here?
Are you connected to the car when checking the values on the JB4 app?

Default values can be found here:
N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion - View Single Post - F Chassis N55 JB4

Burger Motorsports

(#3741)
Old

Default 02-20-2020, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Are you connected to the car when checking the values on the JB4 app?

Default values can be found here:
N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion - View Single Post - F Chassis N55 JB4
Yes car is on and Im connected.... Im on map 2 with the bef option turned on... should I manually input those values in the link you sent?
(#3742)
Old

Default 03-05-2020, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Does the M235 and the M2 run the same block? Whats a safe maximum boost for the 235?
(#3743)
Old

Default 03-05-2020, 04:09 PM

.......next question! My M235 has an AFE intake, Dinan dual core intercooler, full sprint exhaust, down pipe, JB4 + PI controller, 750cc PI injectors, Phoenix Racing intake manifold and a PR stage 2LPFP, can I run map 3 on 93 pump on this set up ????? I would like to maximize performance whilst Im working on my turbo upgrade!
My next steps are going to be MHD BEF + EFR 8474 ( custom kit)+ PR coil and fuel line upgrade kits.
(#3744)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-05-2020, 04:35 PM

Quote:
.......next question! My M235 has an AFE intake, Dinan dual core intercooler, full sprint exhaust, down pipe, JB4 + PI controller, 750cc PI injectors, Phoenix Racing intake manifold and a PR stage 2LPFP, can I run map 3 on 93 pump on this set up ????? I would like to maximize performance whilst Im working on my turbo upgrade!
My next steps are going to be MHD BEF + EFR 8474 ( custom kit)+ PR coil and fuel line upgrade kits.
You should be okay to run map 3 on 93 only, got any logs?

Burger Motorsports

(#3745)
Old

Default 03-05-2020, 04:55 PM

👎 Ill try to get one posted by Saturday, Im actually installing the LPFP tomorrow
as Ill. be picking up the lock ring tool tomorrow.
(#3746)
Old

Default 03-08-2020, 07:17 AM

Quote:
You should be okay to run map 3 on 93 only, got any logs?
Hello, did some logging yesterday! How do I post them? Or should I e mail them to you?

Last edited by Dumaurier7; 03-09-2020 at 05:12 AM..
(#3747)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-09-2020, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Hello, did some logging yesterday! How do I post them? Or should I e mail them to you?
Click go advanced and you'll see a paperclip icon. You can upload the CSV files here.

Burger Motorsports

(#3748)
Old

Default 03-10-2020, 06:32 AM

They arent uploading, I keep getting an error.
(#3749)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-10-2020, 02:32 PM

Quote:
They arent uploading, I keep getting an error.
What is it saying?

Burger Motorsports

(#3750)
Old

Default 03-11-2020, 10:00 AM

Think I got it to work! Please see a couple logs from last weekend, I am presently running the stock turbo, meow-less down pipe and full upgraded exhaust (Super Sprint), Dinan dual core intercooler, AFE intake, Phoenix Racing manifold with PI (750cc injectors) controlled by JB4 (map3) and BMS controller, stage 2 LPFP, stock coils and plugs on 93 pump.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-03-07 11_24_52_Map-3.csv (15.8 KB, 81 views)
File Type: csv 2020-03-07 11_36_22_Map-3.csv (8.5 KB, 93 views)

Last edited by Dumaurier7; 03-11-2020 at 10:25 AM..