N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: BMW 335Xi
Default 6HP21 clutches and steels - 12-25-2019, 06:48 AM

After one year of using on 27psi, my full stock N54 died and my 6HP21X too.
The engine needs a new head gasket and new head studs. I was bought APR and cometic. But trans need more spare parts:
Sonnax Zip Kit, new solenoids, filter-case, valve body to case sleeve seal kit always bought.
Now I need to buy:
Friction and steels
Bushing kit
seals kit

Can anyone suggest me frictions and steels OEM vs Raybestos vs Alto vs Cobra?
And bushing OEM vs SONNAX vs PD?

Last edited by kko; 12-26-2019 at 09:26 AM..
(#2)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 E93
Default 12-25-2019, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kko
After one year of using on 27psi, my full stock N54 died and my 6HP21X too.
The engine needs a new head gasket and new head studs. I was bought APR and cometic. But trans need more spare parts:
Sonnax Zip Kit, new solenoids, filter-case, valve body to case sleeve seal kit always bought.
Now I need to buy:
Friction and steels
Bushing kit
seals kit

Can anyone suggest me frictions and steels OEM or Raybestos?
And bushing OEM vs SONNAX vs PD?
A lil off topic but, can you share a little more info on your set up ? Mileage ? Turbos ? A log or 2 ?
(#3)
Old

Default 12-25-2019, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BEAST
A lil off topic but, can you share a little more info on your set up ? Mileage ? Turbos ? A log or 2 ?
Sure!
I have 335xi (about 90k mil) on pure stg2 HiFlow turbos on Trebilla bef with 27psi target. VRSF 7" HD FMIC, new 12index injectors, meth with double CM7 nozzles. And all VRSF piping (inlets, outlets, *********). Walbro Hellcat LPFP with double 7960B H-bride drivers on the radiator in ekpm module. The engine raised the blockhead in 9mm studs place and the transmission burned all the frictions and steels plus one drum has died.

Last edited by kko; 12-25-2019 at 08:54 PM..
(#4)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 12-26-2019, 01:59 AM

Here is what I used and dont almost 40k miles and things still perfectly, I didn't order the steels only the friction and I didnt see any see any need to replace them.

Good also to get the clutch drums seals and gaskets I had them for 56$ but the link shows not available anymore so you may do some research, it has all the rubber amd seals of the drums...etc

Bushings I got them from cobra transmission as the support guy had a solid knowledge and technical specs and provided helpful information and recommendations of those bushings and review

Transmission Parts - Home | Cobra Transmission

I got the pushing adapters from

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F222525237312

Raybestos clutches

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F222817365504

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#5)
Old
Legend

Default 12-26-2019, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kko
Sure!
I have 335xi (about 90k mil) on pure stg2 HiFlow turbos on Trebilla bef with 27psi target. VRSF 7" HD FMIC, new 12index injectors, meth with double CM7 nozzles. And all VRSF piping (inlets, outlets, *********). Walbro Hellcat LPFP with double 7960B H-bride drivers on the radiator in ekpm module. The engine raised the blockhead in 9mm studs place and the transmission burned all the frictions and steels plus one drum has died.
Tuned for 90k w HiFlows ? Or 90k total ? If so,how long tuned ?
(#6)
Old
Legend

Default 12-26-2019, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kko
Sure!
How many miles did you put on in the 1 year with Hiflows ? Dig runs ? Track ? Or mainly rolls ???
(#7)
Old

Default 12-26-2019, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushan
Here is what I used and dont almost 40k miles and things still perfectly, I didn't order the steels only the friction and I didnt see any see any need to replace them.

Good also to get the clutch drums seals and gaskets I had them for 56$ but the link shows not available anymore so you may do some research, it has all the rubber amd seals of the drums...etc

Bushings I got them from cobra transmission as the support guy had a solid knowledge and technical specs and provided helpful information and recommendations of those bushings and review

Transmission Parts - Home | Cobra Transmission

I got the pushing adapters from

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F222525237312

Raybestos clutches

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F222817365504
Thank you for your answer! But my steels need to be changed... was overburned.
Why you didn't used frictions from Cobra and chosse Raybestos?

THE BEAST
90k total and about 3k after hybrid install

Last edited by kko; 12-26-2019 at 09:34 AM..
(#8)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 12-26-2019, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kko
Thank you for your answer! But my steels need to be changed... was overburned.
Why you didn't used frictions from Cobra and chosse Raybestos?

THE BEAST
90k total and about 3k after hybrid install
I guess clutches were out of stock at cobra that time so one of my friends recommended raybestos based on his experience in thier friction material and clutches he used on other cars so I went with that option.

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle