N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#126)
Old

Car: 2015 m4
Default 11-01-2018, 12:13 PM

Sorry, allow my to clarify. I already have a JB4 running map 2. I am wondering with the BEF does it add more power/HP to my current setup for map2?
(#127)
Old

Car: M3 f80
Default Can’t do a back end flash need assistance - 11-21-2018, 03:06 AM

So can someone please confirm a few things for me if anyone has had the same issue

History - im from Australia I’m the second owner 2015 m3 f80, down ***** * , full AK exhaust and AFE intake. Apparently previous owner had the DME flashed but not sure what type or stage... recently dyno at my local workshop as is and we got 386whp on 98 fuel so not too bad...

Now I recently installed a JB4 and wow defiantly faster and more power I’ll dyno soon but it must be over 410- 420whp

1) I set it up as per current update and map 6 default settings took it for a drive in map 2 and it’s a beast so much more power = awesome
2) I did a code read when I got home and as I expected cel code for cats pop up. No biggie delete it with the JB4 but....I also have a 201101 DME tamper protection code that I can’t clear? I did some research and I don’t think the JB4 did that.. correct me if it’s possible.
3) I was planing to do the back end flash with MHD I have the bimmergeeks cable and android ready to go so I plugged it in and followed the instruction but every time I plug it in the cable light comes on for 2sec and then no light suggesting no power .. it won’t stay on and my android MHD app won’t pick up the cable.

Conclusion I’m assuming the tamper protection code is stoping me accessing the DME? Correct?

Therefore Im assuming I need to get the code cleared from bmw before I can flash MHD
Any confirmation or advice would be appreciated
(#128)
Old

Car: 335i coupe N54
Default 11-24-2018, 07:37 PM

Hi Terry. Can the start stop function be improved on the latest test 11 firmware? Previously when car restarts it was perfect and I could accelerate away quickly. Now it kinda shaky after restarting so I have to wait another 2-3 secs before it idles normal again. If I don’t wait then the trans clunks and car jolts do not good for it I’d imagine. Tx

2009 N54 335i coupe, 6AT PD trans, Stage 3 XHP, Built Motor, 9.6:1 Comp Ratio, Ported Head, Trebilia Custom Flash, JB4, Mhd flasher, Ngk 97506 0.018” gapped, PI Kit 100% E85, Jb4 PI integration, Stage 2 Pure Turbos 25.6psi, 17.2 deg timing, TFT inlets, Stage 3 Fuel-it Fpr, FBO, 431rwkw Mainline Dyno Aus

2016 M4 Competition Pack, 7-sp DCT, Jb4 Map 6
25.0 psi, s55 ign e85 Bef, E70, M4 plugs gapped 0.020”, stock everything else, 374.9 rwkw Mainline Dyno Aus
(#129)
Old

Default 11-25-2018, 05:02 AM

I’m on the 13 T2 s55 ign bef E85 flash. Strange when I revert bk to firmware 1.8.4 Test5, it improves.. could this be because I’m on E70 and not 100% e85?

2009 N54 335i coupe, 6AT PD trans, Stage 3 XHP, Built Motor, 9.6:1 Comp Ratio, Ported Head, Trebilia Custom Flash, JB4, Mhd flasher, Ngk 97506 0.018” gapped, PI Kit 100% E85, Jb4 PI integration, Stage 2 Pure Turbos 25.6psi, 17.2 deg timing, TFT inlets, Stage 3 Fuel-it Fpr, FBO, 431rwkw Mainline Dyno Aus

25.0 psi, s55 ign e85 Bef, E70, M4 plugs gapped 0.020”, stock everything else, 374.9 rwkw Mainline Dyno Aus
(#130)
Old

Default 11-26-2018, 11:35 PM

Update: still stutters a bit on firmware test5. Maybe it’s more to do with the latest T2 13 e85 flash. I recall there were some cold start idle fuel scalar adjustments made with the latest e85 flash. Terry can u tailor the latest flash retaining the previous fuel scalar settings for me to test? ���� tx

(#131)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-27-2018, 09:08 AM

The idle itself won't be JB4 related, unless you enabled the JB4 cold start routine (FUD bit) and it's not working as well. Is that enabled?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#132)
Old

Default 11-27-2018, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The idle itself won't be JB4 related, unless you enabled the JB4 cold start routine (FUD bit) and it's not working as well. Is that enabled?
Yes I have always enabled the cold start e85 function in Fud. If not the auto start stop will not work at all that is it just stalls and recranks and I get a auto start stop code error.

The auto start stop function was great and working well I believe with the previous version of 13 T2 bef? So I wonder if I could have everything the 13T2 version has but the cold start fuel scalars for e85 from the previous version..?

Do u have a similar issue with ur cars? Anyone?

(#133)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-27-2018, 09:54 PM

It's easy to flash back for a day or two to confirm, I can check to see if we made any changes there between them later.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#134)
Old

Default 11-28-2018, 10:35 PM

Quote:
It's easy to flash back for a day or two to confirm, I can check to see if we made any changes there between them later.
Ok tx Terry. I don’t think I can see the previous flash prior to 13T2 in the link any longer? Can u send me the file on sublian@optusnet.com.au
Tx

(#135)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-29-2018, 01:08 PM

I don't necessarily keep older files here but if you email me a reminder I can check when I'm at my office computer.

Burger Motorsports

(#136)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 11-30-2018, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSCOFF
Ok tx Terry. I don’t think I can see the previous flash prior to 13T2 in the link any longer? Can u send me the file on sublian@optusnet.com.au
Tx
I emailed you the non T2 E85 IGN v13 file.

JB4,MHD,DCI,DP,VRSF 7.5 fmic, Pure S2, Fuel it PI, S3 Bucketless
11.7@117mph Stock Turbo
11.3@130mph Pure S2
(#137)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-10-2018, 09:40 AM

Martial sent me some new tables that should help with E85 cold starts. If anyone has time to help test, drop me an email.

Burger Motorsports

(#138)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 12-10-2018, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Martial sent me some new tables that should help with E85 cold starts. If anyone has time to help test, drop me an email.

Email sent

(#139)
Old

Car: 2016 M4
Default 12-10-2018, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Any updates to the other BEF files coming soon?

2016 F82 M4 / Sakhir Orange / Black extended leather / Opti-Coat Pro
NGK 1-step colder, 0.020" / BMC drop-in, carbon delete / Injen intake & CPs / AR Design catt'd down / AA mid
LCI rear light retrofit / AutoTecknic front splitters / Mode Carbon High Kick rear spoiler / 3D Design rear diffuser
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 265/285 35-19 / BMS ceramic black exhaust tips / Macht Schnell spacers - 15mm(f), 12mm(r)
(#140)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-10-2018, 09:45 PM

We're always working on things.. Is there something specific you're waiting for?

Burger Motorsports

(#141)
Old
Pazuzu

Car: 2015 M4
Default 12-11-2018, 09:01 AM

dct tune
exhaust flap control.
love your product , especially the phone app.
(#142)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-11-2018, 10:52 AM

Exhaust flap control is via the BC button, with and without a BEF loaded.

Burger Motorsports

(#143)
Old

Default 12-11-2018, 09:47 PM

Quote:
We're always working on things.. Is there something specific you're waiting for?
Nothing specific in mind. Just curious if the software aspect of enhancing the F8x platform performance has reached its peak.

Tuning/driving this car is way too fun and addictive, so wondering how much more the BEF has to offer before taking hardware upgrades to the next level.

NGK 1-step colder, 0.020" / BMC drop-in, carbon delete / Injen intake & CPs / AR Design catt'd down / AA mid
LCI rear light retrofit / AutoTecknic front splitters / Mode Carbon High Kick rear spoiler / 3D Design rear diffuser
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 265/285 35-19 / BMS ceramic black exhaust tips / Macht Schnell spacers - 15mm(f), 12mm(r)
(#144)
Old

Default 12-11-2018, 09:58 PM

Driving around this evening and trying to dial in the low gear boost limits and optimize launch.
Had DSC completely off, Sport+ on all settings, DCT in S3. Punched it and got more wheel spin and fishtailing than usual, which is likely due to the tires not liking the colder weather.

Just curious - anyone found ideal boost-by-gear limits to help put down usable power during a launch?

Unfortunately, also got an error code:
101F02 throttle angle - intake manifold pressure, correlation: limit exceeded

Other issues that I noticed during this event:
- iOS app didn't record a log (admit this could have been user error and failing to hit the "start log" button)

- Cleared the code with the app, but then was unable to read codes. Shut the car down completely for 5-10 minutes then turned on ignition only. Was able to read codes and delete the fault code, but once again ran into the "read failed" message when trying to read codes after clearing the second time.

(I have since used MHD to read the DME and found no codes; cleared the DME and other ECU modules just to be sure. Will check the JB4 during commute tomorrow and see how it goes.)

(#145)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-11-2018, 10:26 PM

That's a code we can disable in the BEF, harmless.

Burger Motorsports

(#146)
Old

Car: M3 f80
Default 12-12-2018, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TideMD
Driving around this evening and trying to dial in the low gear boost limits and optimize launch.
Had DSC completely off, Sport+ on all settings, DCT in S3. Punched it and got more wheel spin and fishtailing than usual, which is likely due to the tires not liking the colder weather.

Just curious - anyone found ideal boost-by-gear limits to help put down usable power during a launch?

Unfortunately, also got an error code:
101F02 throttle angle - intake manifold pressure, correlation: limit exceeded

Other issues that I noticed during this event:
- iOS app didn't record a log (admit this could have been user error and failing to hit the "start log" button)

- Cleared the code with the app, but then was unable to read codes. Shut the car down completely for 5-10 minutes then turned on ignition only. Was able to read codes and delete the fault code, but once again ran into the "read failed" message when trying to read codes after clearing the second time.

(I have since used MHD to read the DME and found no codes; cleared the DME and other ECU modules just to be sure. Will check the JB4 during commute tomorrow and see how it goes.)
I set mine after warming up tyres to
10psi first gear
15psi second gear
(#147)
Old

Default 12-12-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CICCO
I set mine after warming up tyres to
10psi first gear
15psi second gear
Those are close to what I was running during the warmer months. Hooked up nicely.
A bit too much for the colder temps right now. Of course, weather here changes pretty quick and our 1-2 weeks of “winter” will likely be over soon.

(#148)
Old

Car: 2013 535i
Default 12-12-2018, 07:32 PM

1st 12
2nd 17
That’s when I ran the 130+ mph 1/4

It doesn’t really matter since it still spins so violently in 3rd gear as well

It’s currently at
1st 15
2nd 20

Fk it 😛

2017 Porsche 718

SOLD 2016 BMW M3
Silverstone II Metallic | Sakhir Orange Interior
JB4, BMS E85 IGN BEF, E85, | 7.36 60-130

SOLD 2008 BMW M3

SOLD 2013 535i M-Sport
Pure Stage 2 Turbo @ 22 PSI | VRSF Ca+Less D0wnPipe | ER Aluminum Chargepipe| Custom Exhaust| GFB DV+ | Upgraded F10 Turbo Inlet | N20 3.5 Bar TMAP | 40% E85/93 Octane Blend | BMS FSB Meth Kit w/100% Methanol Injection | Trebila BEF | JB4 with PWG ISO Firmware | BMS Intake | Stock Fuel System
(#149)
Old

Car: F80 M3
Default 12-23-2018, 06:06 AM

Hi Terry, will the new BEF file have exhaust burble and *** heating included? I loaded race BEF map via BM3 and it works great.
(#150)
Old

Car: M4
Default 12-28-2018, 07:32 AM

hey everyone,

what maximum timing and A/F ratios are you guys seeing with terry's BEF? just curious.

2019 M4 CP, jb4, MHD BEF, intake, down pipe, e85, BMS Meth kit, Trebila tuned