N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1026)
Old

Car: F10 M5
Default 09-26-2018, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolbe
Great, but I don't understand the logic of going to Map 1 first. It's an additive map and hence will add onto the BM3 target of 22psi which will be too high. Why not go to map 2 (22psi) and use the BCM benefit to hit the target of the BM3 BEF which is also 22psi (together with all the other JB4 + BCM benefits) - can the BMS experts please clarify?
I was thinking the same thing. ???
(#1027)
Old

Car: BMW F10 M5
Default 09-26-2018, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sossa215
I was thinking the same thing. ???
Is your boost also tapering off at high rpm? Mine is around 19 - 20psi up to 5500rpm and the tapers of to about 17psi at 7000rpm on Stage 2, 91 octane BM3 map. Thought that the BCM can help here to keep the boost at a higher level at high rpms ... hence the idea of JB4 + BCM on map2.
(#1028)
Old

Car: F10 M5
Default 09-26-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolbe
Is your boost also tapering off at high rpm? Mine is around 19 - 20psi up to 5500rpm and the tapers of to about 17psi at 7000rpm on Stage 2, 91 octane BM3 map. Thought that the BCM can help here to keep the boost at a higher level at high rpms ... hence the idea of JB4 + BCM on map2.
Not sure if my boost is dropping, just planned running the JB4 also since I was running that before flashing with BM3. Figured that the JB4 would always make my car hit numbers.
Did you upgrade your spark plugs yet?
(#1029)
Old

Car: BMW F10 M5
Default 09-26-2018, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sossa215
Not sure if my boost is dropping, just planned running the JB4 also since I was running that before flashing with BM3. Figured that the JB4 would always make my car hit numbers.
Did you upgrade your spark plugs yet?
Yes, have changed to two step colder NGK plugs and gapped them correctly. I am at 5000ft altitude so turbos have to work harder.
(#1030)
Old

Car: M5 F10 and M3 CSL
Default 09-30-2018, 04:11 AM

Today I pushed a bit the car at 240km/h, and I got cylinder misfire.
JB4 with water meth running maximum 22PSI.
Is this normal ?
(#1031)
Old

Car: 335i f30 2012
Default 10-10-2018, 12:03 AM

Default 09-15-2018, 08:07 AM
Hi Terry .. I have a JB4 connect kit REV3 with blue wire removed from M135i - to which wire should i connect it on my S63TU V1 board. Thanks
(#1032)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 10-10-2018, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabujan

Default 09-15-2018, 08:07 AM
Hi Terry .. I have a JB4 connect kit REV3 with blue wire removed from M135i - to which wire should i connect it on my S63TU V1 board. Thanks
Red wiring that comes off the harness.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1033)
Old

Car: M5 F10 and M3 CSL
Default 10-21-2018, 12:18 PM

Hello,

How can I find what is causing the misfire when I am WOT with the methanol enabled ?
I do not get this with map 1 for example.

thanks
(#1034)
Old
Vintage

Car: F10 N55 PWG
Default 10-21-2018, 01:27 PM

Is there a difference in maps to run for a compeition package equipped car?

2014 F10 535i N55 PWG
(#1035)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-21-2018, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexk
Hello,

How can I find what is causing the misfire when I am WOT with the methanol enabled ?
I do not get this with map 1 for example.

thanks
Could be a variety of things ranging from a defective nozzle to some physical issue with the car like a plug, coil, or injector.

JB4 log of issue would be a good start though.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1036)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-21-2018, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5soko
Is there a difference in maps to run for a compeition package equipped car?
It's not much of a difference, same mapping guide is used for CP vehicles.

Burger Motorsports

(#1037)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-11-2018, 04:28 PM

Name:  F10_F90_BMW_JB4.jpg
Views: 1576
Size:  271.4 KB

Had both our 2015 F10 M5 and 2018 F90 M5 out at NFZ this weekend for some half mile action. Managed to get a couple side by side races in the video below! Best trap of the day for the F10 M5 was 167mph @ 27psi (map8), and for the F90 166mph @ 25psi (map3).

Burger Motorsports

(#1038)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-19-2018, 03:49 PM

V2_2_3:

1) Logical change to allow boost to target below the factory boost levels, especially useful for those using flash maps in conjunction with the JB4.
2) Adjustment to code read functions, may need updated interface to properly read codes from both ECUs.

Burger Motorsports

(#1039)
Old

Car: M6 F16
Default 12-02-2018, 09:08 AM

Hi Terry,
Updated to v2_2_3, I thought this version would allow the boost cap in the first 3 gears to be below DME BT but it does not and also some strange things happen, look at the log, I can't understand it, it seems like for some reason the DME BT is very low. Nut sure if this may be because the JB4 tries to limit the boost.
That was with 1st gear boost cap at 6 PSI and second gear boost cap at 19 PSI. Not any boost cap in 3rd gear.
DSC completely off.
Cheers
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-12-02 12_26_04_Map-6.csv (6.1 KB, 124 views)
(#1040)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-02-2018, 09:42 AM

The log is strange, but I don't think the boost by gear could cause it. Low 10psi in 1st, 16psi in 2nd, next.

Burger Motorsports

(#1041)
Old

Default Can't understand this log either - 12-22-2018, 05:41 PM

Hi Terry,
Went another route because first gear boost cap never seems to give a good result, I think the revs climb too fast for it to work its thing.
Can you please check this, I am unable to understand. It is a Map6 log with the relative boost target you can see in the screenshot. All very strange because firstly it does not add the boost as it should, and then it settles to 9.9 PSI which is how it should settle in Map4. More curious is that when I open the log in the JB4 app, it says it is a Map4 log. But it is not, it was in Map6, and as you can see the file was generated as a Map6.
Any explanation for this? I can't make relative Map6 work, though as you mentionned I inform less than 10PSI in the 1500rpm cell.

Happy Xmas everybody!
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-12-21 19_26_54_Map-6.csv (5.3 KB, 102 views)
(#1042)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-22-2018, 05:55 PM

The car runs 15psi+ stock, so you can't target such low boost on map6 lol.

For 1st gear I'd set to 10psi, and 2nd gear maybe 12psi, for improved traction on any map.

Burger Motorsports

(#1043)
Old

Default 12-23-2018, 06:30 AM

Terry, you did not understand it... You had told me setting anything below 10psi in the map6 1500rpm target cell would make it a relative boost target, so this is what I did.
So say 15psi DME BT and 3 psi relative should lead to 18psi boost but the real result is around 7 psi, which I don't understand.

Last edited by CCT128; 12-23-2018 at 09:11 AM..
(#1044)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-23-2018, 10:08 AM

Oh, I see. You want to setup map6 as an additive map. We removed that option in the latest firmware to avoid confusion. With dual bank PID control the absolute maps work much better. So enter the actual boost target you want under map6.

Burger Motorsports

(#1045)
Old

Default 12-23-2018, 11:23 AM

Ohhh Terry don't tell me this
Absolute map is what we've had in this car for months, and I've been working hours and hours on that car in the last two weeks, so many maps and so many pulls to create a specific Bootmod3 BEF with specific boost targets and boost by gear function that would go together with relative ( additive ) map 6 targets. And now you tell me you have disabled this function.....
Can you put it back please? What we are doing opens a complete new world of efficiency on this platform Terry, lots of torque and power together with full traction capacity in the first gears and great flexibilty thanks to the JB4. Pleeeeeease put it back!!!
This cannot work with absolute targets because the boost by gear function in BM3 limits the DME BT in the lowest gears and this is impossible to make live with absolute targets that would then be forcing the ECU to create 10 or 12 PSI more in these gears...

Last edited by CCT128; 12-23-2018 at 12:32 PM..
(#1046)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-23-2018, 10:32 PM

Not really following the logic. Show me the problem you're having using absolute target maps, and boost by gear as implemented, in a log. You won't be limited boost by gear much in BM3. Let the JB4 handle that end.

Burger Motorsports

(#1047)
Old

Default 12-24-2018, 05:46 AM

I find no way to make boost by gear work in 1st gear with JB4, whatever the settings, it does not do anything or does weird things. In 2nd gear it is a bit better but not much.
BM3 does a great job with boost by gear, it's really effective.
But it isn't compatible with an absolute target map6.
Example: I choose to make BM3 limit boost in 1st gear at 10PSI. If I use an absolute target in JB4 Map6 with say 22PSI, then at the same time BM3 limits to 10PSI, JB4 tries to make it 22PSI. Completely incompatible as JB4 in fact tries to suppress the boost limit ( obviously as I told him to make 22PSI... ) and what is more trims are instantly maxed out with the 12 PSI difference, all very wrong.
Only way to make it work is having an additive MAP6, because then if I just add say 3PSI, it will make it 10+3=13PSI in first gear and will work great and save traction.
Understand me?
(#1048)
Old

Default 12-24-2018, 10:57 AM

Terry, I have an idea.
To define Map6 as an additive target map and avoid any confusion/risk of error, I would suggest that you define a number for the 1500rpm cell that would never be used as a boost target. For example: 0.01
So setting 0.01 there would enable additive boost.
Makes sense for you?

Happy Christmas!
(#1049)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-24-2018, 03:41 PM

Disable BM3 boost by gear all together, use JB4 for adjustment by gear. If you need addl help attach a JB4 log.

Burger Motorsports

(#1050)
Old

Default 01-03-2019, 12:33 PM

But Terry, it does not work, JB4 boost by gear does nothing visible in first gear, and it is no use sending a log because it would be like the one I posted above, only one or two logs points in first gear, because as soon as the pedal goes to the carpet, the tyres spin crazily and you need to lift off or shift to second...