N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3601)
Old

Car: 2014 435I
Default 11-11-2018, 05:45 PM

I have noticed over the past couple weeks that the gauges in the mobile app freeze about every 4 mins for a couple seconds then unfreeze and work fine. I've reinstalled the app and tried on other devices same thing.. Any Ideas?

'14 435I RWD MHD "Shoup Custom Tune" BigBoost Stage 3 Turbo Spool FX-150 XHP Trans Tune VRSF Race Cooler VRSF CP BMS Intake Borla ATAK Exhaust Custom Down-pipe Stage 3 LPFP BMP4 EKP M Performance LSD Phoenix Racing PI Intake Manifold AIC2-P controller e85 3.5 TMAP NGK 5992 Plugs "0.020"
(#3602)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-22-2018, 03:47 PM

Working on a new version of the F PWG integrated firmware (e.g. those who didn't cut diode, how we ship them), and could use some testers.

*** EDIT it's in the first post now

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3603)
Old

Car: M135i
Default 11-23-2018, 12:13 PM

Hello all. I have a problem with my map 6 made with Payam..

He tell me put this info :

( look attach files )

But in the first page of this post i see this :

Map6 : Values of less than 10psi under boost 1500rpm will cause map6 to act as an additive rather than absolute map

And

T6: Fixed potential bug with map6. Additive map on map6 only active if RPM1500 set to 6psi or less.

So my map6 are good or not ? Because i go mesure my HP... i have Big torque ( 610NM ) but low HP ( juste 365 ) ..

Im dont sure its good 16PSI at all RPM.. i need help . Tank you
Attached Images

Last edited by Nicoo70; 11-23-2018 at 12:54 PM..
(#3604)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-23-2018, 03:18 PM

That map6 should work OK, if it doesn't attach a log showing issue so we can see why.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3605)
Old

Default 11-23-2018, 03:24 PM

I dont know why i have big torque with 610Nm and juste 365hp.. 365 its very low for map6.. stock i have 328hp and 470NM So the bench is good..
at 5500tr i lost power in the bench.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-11-23 15_32_44 ().csv (8.0 KB, 121 views)
(#3606)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-23-2018, 03:34 PM

Timing is pretty dicey here, need to raise octane or drop boost in areas where timing is dropping. Adding BEF may help also.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#3607)
Old

Default 11-23-2018, 03:53 PM

U can help me drop boost in aeras where timing is dropping please ? I un 98Ron . I dont have E85 for raise octane.. thank you .
(#3608)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-23-2018, 04:00 PM

A good start would be to log map2.

Burger Motorsports

(#3609)
Old
Vintage

Car: F10 N55 PWG
Default 11-23-2018, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Working on a new version of the F PWG integrated firmware (e.g. those who didn't cut diode, how we ship them), and could use some testers. Drop me an email if interested. terry@burgertuning.com.
Sounds like fun!! Wish i was in the same country as my car! Lets get this going guys!

2014 F10 535i N55 PWG
(#3610)
Old

Car: 535 2008
Default 11-24-2018, 03:53 PM

I have a f chassis with ewg and Bluetooth adapter and it keeps failing to upload update and now my jb4 says no firmware detected , keeps failing, what is wrong with my jb4?

2015 535 - JB4 - VRSF pipe- Burger Intake - Straight piped - MHD Backend Flash
(#3611)
Old

Default 11-25-2018, 02:37 PM

any help here?

(#3612)
Old

Default 11-26-2018, 01:55 PM

can you update firmware without connecting all the connectors to it?

(#3613)
Old

Default 11-26-2018, 02:55 PM

I just connected the obd port but its not reading it?

(#3614)
Old

Car: F32 435i xdrive
Default 12-01-2018, 01:23 AM

Hi !

Which default settings should I use if the ewg harness is installed ? Iam using the default settings from the first Post right now. But the default settings from the ewg post are different.
(#3615)
Old

Car: 2015 BMW M235i
Default 12-01-2018, 04:06 PM

I am looking for help. I am wanting to tune my car in the user adjustmnet. Wondering if STEVE can send me a Data Log to use for max tuning with specified aftermarket parts.
I have a 2015 M235i
It has the full stage 3 DINAN signature package , minus the DINAN ECU
Obviously the JB4 Tuner Now,

*Important Parts are , DINAN Free flow exhaust,
*Dinan Carbon Fiber Cold Air intake
*Dinan performance spring set
*Dinan Handeling kit
*Dinan High performance Dual Core Intercooler
* Last of all the DINAN Big Turbo

Would it be possible to get a User Adjusted settings MAP for these Mods Please.
(#3616)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-01-2018, 04:41 PM

Sure, the first step though is to share logs of how its running so we can evaluate. Map1 is fine to start.

Burger Motorsports

(#3617)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-01-2018, 07:05 PM

N55_F_PWG_INT_12:

1) Various changes to catch PWG integrated firmware up to current EWG firmware specifications, including a revised CANbus engine.

Burger Motorsports

(#3618)
Old

Car: 335i coupe 2010
Default 12-02-2018, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
N55_F_PWG_INT_12:

1) Various changes to catch PWG integrated firmware up to current EWG firmware specifications, including a revised CANbus engine.

In for info regarding those of us running larger turbos.....(and on ISO fw of course at the moment). Also, didn't know you could set FOL to 0 if running BEF (BMS BEF)

2013 335xi PWG, JB4, CP, meow-less pipe, FMIC, PS2 with DV/inlet, stock fueling, stock intake
(#3619)
Old

Car: F20 M135i 8AT LCI
Default 12-02-2018, 04:53 PM

Hi ,

i have a question about the firmware upgrade form my F20 M135i 8AT LCI EWG : when i go download firmware at : https://www.n54tech.com/forums/attac...8&d=1529864600 i become 3 hex files on my JB4 mobile phone app , must i choose one from those 3 or must I flash al 3 (because those 3 files together form one flash thats slashed in 3 for size purposes or so ??) ?

Or which one must I flash in to the JB4 ?

The files are :

-N55_FSeries_OBII_EWG_15_T5B-2.hex

-N55_FSeries_OBII_EWG_15_T5B-1.hex

-N55_FSeries_OBII_EWG_15_T5B.hex

My M135i 8AT LCI 240KW has uprated intercooler + charge-pipe and down pipe with 300 cell race-catalyser and runs on 98 e5

Last edited by Turboboost_M135i; 12-10-2018 at 05:47 PM..
(#3620)
Old

Car: Bmw M135i F20 Auto 2015
Default 12-07-2018, 11:46 PM

Hi, Ive had drive train error 119002 Rail pressure sensor short to ground?

Can someone advise please ASAP.

Thanks
(#3621)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-10-2018, 10:40 AM

N55_F_PWG_INT_12:

T2) Adjusted Map2 for those using the factory flash mapping to a 14psi peak absolute target map, similar to previous PWG integrated firmware.

Burger Motorsports

(#3622)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-10-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattsta77
Hi, I’ve had drive train error 119002 Rail pressure sensor short to ground?

Can someone advise please ASAP.

Thanks
Could be a variety of things. First step might be to put the fuel pressure connection only to stock and evaluate. If you need help email in to tech support or post details in the support forum.

Burger Motorsports

(#3623)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-10-2018, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboboost_M135i
Hi ,

i have a question about the firmware
Each firmware is independent of previous, so you'd load only the version you want to run.

Burger Motorsports

(#3624)
Old

Car: F20 M135i 8AT LCI
Default 12-10-2018, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrejo
I have a f chassis with ewg and Bluetooth adapter and it keeps failing to upload update and now my jb4 says no firmware detected , keeps failing, what is wrong with my jb4?

Because the gauges in my JB4 BT app are freezing after 3 ot 5 seconds , so i was hoping a firmware reflash could make the gauges work constant so i decided to do a JB4 firmware reflash but sadly it failed and needed the car so i drove it without (correct) JB4 firmware => al kind of warnings and check engine lights and car in sort of limp modus with raised stationairy rpms ~ 1300 so i had to brake hard to hold it stil and shift the auto from P tot D or R .

Then i retried to reflash new firmware and sometimes it started the writing progres but failed after a couple of seconds with "time-out error pop-up" , i raised time-out to the maximum of 30 and it stil has failed numerous times with time-out messages .

I tried lots of things ( battery charger coupled , JB4 app disconected , swithed BT on my smartphone off en on , car off and car on , car off and doors locked for 10 min ) and suddenly reflash has succeeded .

Sadly , even with new firmware ( N55_FSeries_OBII_EWG_15_T5B-2.hex ) the gauges stil freeze after a couple of seconds .

So it would be nice if Terry or someone else could tell me how to fix those freezing gauges in the JB4 Mobile app .

F20 M135i 8AT LCI Uprated intercooler + charge-pipe + 300 cell + JB4 N55 EWG with BT-connect kit
(#3625)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-10-2018, 06:48 PM

Freezing gauges on the M135 is a known issue, fixable only by reflashing the factory cars software and body control module. The latest firmware with the FutureUseD bit7 on for slow speed CANbus will help.

Burger Motorsports