N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: BMW M2
Default F87 Pure Stage 2 - Log Review - 07-30-2018, 08:51 AM

Hello,

Just took some recent logs on my PureTurbos Stage 2 M2. I'm running the BMS BEF with the JB4 in Map 3 with a 60 additive and N20 TMAP. I'm also running the Fuel-It methanol port injection, and a CM10 nozzle in the charge pipe. I don't have access to ethanol, so I'm running 94 octane pump gas.

Just looking for a log health check / suggestions on what to do next and insight into how the vehicle is performing. I've attached two third gear logs and I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

'17 BMW M2 - [DCT/N55] - PureTurbos Stage 2 Turbo - JB4 + MHD BEF - Fuel-It Methanol PI
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 07-30-2018, 04:45 PM

Everything looks good, a few timing drops but that's normal. Maxing out WGDC, might be able to adjust by adding more duty bias.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 07-30-2018, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Everything looks good, a few timing drops but that's normal. Maxing out WGDC, might be able to adjust by adding more duty bias.
Do you mind giving me a suggested duty bias curve / an idea on where to start making adjustments? I've attached a third to fourth gear log so you have a longer one to maybe base some recommendations off of. I also fixed a small TMAP O-Ring boost leak I found. So maybe the WGDC looks a little better here!

Thanks for the input! I really appreciate it.

'17 BMW M2 - [DCT/N55] - PureTurbos Stage 2 Turbo - JB4 + MHD BEF - Fuel-It Methanol PI

Last edited by Endeav; 07-31-2018 at 02:20 PM..
(#4)
Old

Default 08-01-2018, 08:19 PM

Bump!

(#5)
Old

Car: 2011 335i Convertible
Default 08-02-2018, 10:02 AM

Those logs look great. The car must feel great. I personally think that your DB settings are perfect as your FF matches your PWM (WGDC, I'm using an older version).

2011 335i - JB4 ISO | MHD E85 PI BEF | Exhaust Mods | CP | 5" stepped FMIC | BMS Meth Injection | BMS Intake | Pure Stage 2 | Pure Inlet | FF wires | Fuel It Stage 2 | DV+ | N20 TMAP | Ethanol mix
(#6)
Old

Default 08-02-2018, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tho
Those logs look great. The car must feel great. I personally think that your DB settings are perfect as your FF matches your PWM (WGDC, I'm using an older version).
Thanks for reviewing the log, I appreciate the input. The car does feel very strong and linear. I could probably get some more out of it by pushing more mid-range, but I think I'll leave it at this and hop on the dyno very soon

(#7)
Old

Default 08-20-2018, 04:59 PM

Ended up getting a top end misfire issue with my M2 recently. I was running stock plugs up until a week ago and I guess they finally bit the dust lol. I swapped to NGK 97506's and gapped them down to 0.020". I also installed my new FTP chargepipe. The only difference is now that the primary methanol bung is now much closer to the throttle body. Previously it was about 8-10" away, now it's about 2"-3" away.

Anyway, I took some new logs from 2500 RPM with the new chargepipe and plugs and the logs looked okay. The car didn't misfire but my trims were very low in comparison to the old chargepipe / plug setup. Instead of being around 20 - 30, they are single digits.

I also noticed that if I go WOT at a high RPM in a low gear that I get a misfire pretty much immediately. In the logs I've looked at where the misfire occurs it seems as though it's because my trims are basically bottoming out. I can only imagine that because the CM10 nozzle is closer that I'm maybe washing out the cylinders / spark plugs with methanol? Regardless, something needs to be dialed in either with the PI or maybe nozzle to get the trims in the right area.

Just as a refresher - my vehicle is an N55 EWG F87 M2 running the PureTurbos Stage 2 turbo. I am running fuel-it methanol port injection and a CM10 in the chargepipe for IAT suppression.

Now I do have access to a second nozzle bung much lower in the chargepipe - it's about 8"-10" away from the intercooler, so I could move the CM10 down there. I also have a CM5 nozzle sitting on the workbench.

Log #21 is pre-spark plug and chargepipe change. Log #22 and 23 is AFTER spark plugs and chargepipe change.

Any thoughts on what I should do?

(#8)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 08-21-2018, 04:45 PM

Best bet is to turn up the boost or change that nozzle LOL. Your open loop is at 0 as well and trims are way down. Not a bad problem to have to be honest haha.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#9)
Old

Default 08-21-2018, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Best bet is to turn up the boost or change that nozzle LOL. Your open loop is at 0 as well and trims are way down. Not a bad problem to have to be honest haha.
Lol I agree. I'll drop that nozzle down a size and see if that helps.

I think the car needs a WG adjustment or maybe BEF. Do you happen to know if EWG vehicles can have an incorrect WG position without a code being thrown? My boost leak test show nothing but yet the WGDC is maxed at 22 PSI on a Pure Stage 2 turbo. Should be able to push much more I would imagine. Terry has informed me the WGDC parameter is a function of that in the BEF, so maybe running the OEM turbo M2 flash isn't what the car wants. I'll shoot him an e-mail and maybe get this car really moving!

Last edited by Endeav; 08-21-2018 at 05:09 PM..