N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 135i
Default Help! Best Shop in LA/OC - 12-26-2016, 02:45 AM

Long story... My mechanic of 2.5 years promised to deliver my car this weekend after having it for months. Received a letter in the mail yesterday late stating my car was towed and sitting in a tow yard in Upland since the 13th of December. My mechanic has not mentioned anything and has been pretending that i will somehow get it xmas weekend.

Picking it up tomorrow morning and need to take it to a new shop. Ive already lost thousands of dollars and have to pay $1100 to pick it up tomorrow.

I originally dropped it off because the serpentine belt was sucked into the motor. He fixed it and test drove it where the high pressure fuel pump spat to much gas and caused damaged to the head. He was in the process of fixing that. He could be lying about some of it or all of it, I have no clue...

Any help is much appreciated and thank you in advance. Merry Christmas :]

- Niko
818-645-2400
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-26-2016, 12:26 PM

That sounds like a bummer!

Give these guys a shout and see if they can help you out.

info@speedlogicauto.com

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#3)
Old

Default 12-26-2016, 03:07 PM

Thank you!!

AAA and the DMV are closed today.... =[
Didn't say anything online that they were closed today, just stated that hours may vary. I have surgery tomorrow and won't be able to pick up the car for at least a few more days now.... lol, when it rains it pours ahah
(#4)
Old

Default 01-01-2017, 08:57 PM

So I picked up my car on Wednesday! $1126 for tow yard fees and another $150 in fees from the police department.

Found out what really happened to my car. Bottom end seized on the test drive after he finished it. Anyone have an estimate of what this will cost to have fixed at another shop? When he received the car initially it had a seized bottom end, so most of the internals are new.
(#5)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 01-01-2017, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikica
So I picked up my car on Wednesday! $1126 for tow yard fees and another $150 in fees from the police department.

Found out what really happened to my car. Bottom end seized on the test drive after he finished it. Anyone have an estimate of what this will cost to have fixed at another shop? When he received the car initially it had a seized bottom end, so most of the internals are new.
What shop was working on your car? Sounds like a shop to avoid..
(#6)
Old

Default 01-10-2017, 03:03 PM

Willing to sell my car for $6600 if someone comes with money by friday.
105K miles 2008 135i. just paid tags
needs bottom end work but isn't completely seized. motor still turns and cranks
niko - 818-645-2400