N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2009 335i xdrive
Default jb4 slow acceleration 2d2e always comes on!!! - 11-25-2016, 07:31 PM

hey guys new to the forum I think I'm in the right spot...
little background I have an 09 335xi with 115k on it automatic. I have chargepipe and bov, muffler delete, DCI, jb4 v32.5 and oil catch can

problem Is ONLY at low throttle going up hill or on the interstate at a slow rate I get the SES 2d2e every time betweed 45 and 60mph and its driving me insane I cant find any boost/vac leaks. my canisters are holding vac.... can anyone shed some light? mostly I see people getting this code only at WOT mine is again only at low throttle (this happens because the wife drives it and she drives it like a prius sometimes)
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-25-2016, 07:32 PM

Maybe a menu10 or menu12 setting change will help.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 11-25-2016, 07:44 PM

I changed the setting to default yesterday with the steering wheel controls and just hooked up the computer it said under user adjustments that my wastegate position was at 59 so I set it to 24 and hit save, will that save it correctly during all maps or is that only for map 6?
(#4)
Old

Default 11-25-2016, 07:48 PM

also it only is around -2000 rpm and boost is usually around 4 or 5 psi
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-25-2016, 08:00 PM

Maybe capture it in a JB4 log. Uncheck log WOT only to record it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6)
Old

Default 11-25-2016, 08:04 PM

will do Terry thanks a bunch ill get a log loaded tomorrow
(#7)
Old

Default got logs - 11-25-2016, 08:30 PM

the first log is at low throttle unfortunately the ses didn't come on but It almost never does when the oil is above 160 the second is at wot
Attached Files
File Type: csv 161125_2014.csv (40.1 KB, 94 views)
File Type: csv 161125_2017.csv (9.0 KB, 92 views)
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Car: 2009 335i AT
Default 11-25-2016, 08:44 PM

Try to catch it in log when the ses light is activated. If your running 5 psi boost under light load then in dash items 11 or 12 is probably too high.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#9)
Old

Default 11-25-2016, 08:47 PM

yeah ill be doing a log in the morning usually it only happens when the oil is under 160 and jb4 is not active....should my 11 or 12 be lower to lower psi? am I making too much psi cuz I always get an underboost code instead of over
my menu 11 and 12 is at default 1k and 2400
(#10)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-25-2016, 09:09 PM

Also check the vacuum line from the intake manifold to the diverter valves for cracks or leaks.

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old

Default 11-25-2016, 09:14 PM

I did have that leaking before just put in a vrsf charge pipe and hks all sealed up
\ should I try going lower with menu 11 and 12?
(#12)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-25-2016, 09:27 PM

Try to get a log of the event.... else we are just guessing at the conditions. You can log in Map 4 with OEM like boost levels..... even while hot.

Burger Motorsports

(#13)
Old

Default 11-25-2016, 09:29 PM

Will get in the am thanks guys
(#14)
Old

Default mornig log - 11-26-2016, 08:04 AM

code came on in dme could see it in jb4 program just didn't set SES??
Attached Files
File Type: csv 161126_0745.csv (27.3 KB, 112 views)
(#15)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-26-2016, 10:50 AM

If its a shadow fault rather than an active (reduced power mode) fault best bet would be to turn on auto clear I think. But looking at the log something to try would be lowering menu12 by say 200 or 400rpm.

Burger Motorsports

(#16)
Old

Default 11-26-2016, 11:15 AM

Thanks terry I'll give that a shot and run another log tonight
(#17)
Old

Default codes gone!!! love it - 11-26-2016, 04:43 PM

looks like I had had some funky numbers for menu 10 and 11 almost like they were swapped not sure how... but then took Terrys advice dropped menu 12 to 2200 and car runs way better and boost target is much closer to actual.

attached last two logs I took
THANKS TERRY!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 161126_1213.csv (10.9 KB, 110 views)
File Type: csv 161126_1621.csv (52.0 KB, 91 views)
(#18)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-26-2016, 05:00 PM

OK good, hopefully that does it. If not try auto clear menu 1/3.

Burger Motorsports

(#19)
Old

Default 11-26-2016, 05:02 PM

right on terry will do, the logs look good to me is there anything you could inout or do things look pretty good to you?
(#20)
Old

Car: N54
Default Same Problem..... - 03-17-2018, 06:58 AM

Hi All. I've got very similar issues.
Our N54 does not want acceleration at all. The Car has absolutely no Power and when i WOT it just Dies... Im also getting a Weird Exhaust Sound coming from the motor. As if the Wastegates are staying open. Almost sounds like a Golf1 with a Cone filter but its Choking. We have checked eveything and im at my wits end.
I Have attached a log for you. Please Advise. I think it could be the HPFP
(#21)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 03-19-2018, 06:35 AM

You'll need to start your own thread with a log as there is no log attached.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.