N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1701)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-11-2011, 12:42 PM

You should be able to find some 100 - 104 unleaded. Sunaco GT260+ is a good 104 octane version, that goes for around $10/gallon. Just run the 93 until --- showing on miles left and add 2-3 gallons of the 104.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1702)
Old

Car: 09' 335i
Default 03-11-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
You should be able to find some 100 - 104 unleaded. Sunaco GT260+ is a good 104 octane version, that goes for around $10/gallon. Just run the 93 until --- showing on miles left and add 2-3 gallons of the 104.
Will do Terry ... I'll post up my results tonight!
(#1703)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 03-11-2011, 01:39 PM

Late to the party, I know, but I've a few questions not answered on the first page and I'm considering actually making my purchase soon, now finances are working out.

The in-dash gauge stuff - is there a link to how to enable/disable that, what can be shown, etc? How is the live switching done? Is there a plan for a valet map, or can I do that myself in the custom map?

I'm happy to be told a page number to go read this one, too. I'm basically jsut after the "how it works" since the first post, and trying to avoid reading all 70 pages.
(#1704)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-11-2011, 01:45 PM

It's all in post 1. Including how to enable/disable the dash hijacking, select map 0 (stock map), etc.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1705)
Old

Car: '07 SGM 335i
Default 03-11-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHarriers
Late to the party, I know, but I've a few questions not answered on the first page and I'm considering actually making my purchase soon, now finances are working out.

The in-dash gauge stuff - is there a link to how to enable/disable that, what can be shown, etc? How is the live switching done? Is there a plan for a valet map, or can I do that myself in the custom map?

I'm happy to be told a page number to go read this one, too. I'm basically jsut after the "how it works" since the first post, and trying to avoid reading all 70 pages.
Most everything can be switched live on the fly. All of the gauge hi-jacking options are in the table on the first page (Speedo at 2). Valet map is called 'transport map' and is available (Speedo at 4). Take a look and let me know if you have more questions.
(#1706)
Old

Car: 09' 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHarriers

Here is the layout of the gauge controls ... it take a couple minutes of fiddling with it to figure out, but after that it's really easy

Map 0 is stock ... and Option 4/2 turns valet mode on (sets rev limit at 4500)
(#1707)
Old

Excellent. I shall go back and read again then. Thank you!
(#1708)
Old
Dude, your bed is a car

Car: E92 335
Default 03-11-2011, 01:48 PM

See the text at the top of the img

(#1709)
Old

Car: '07 SGM 335i
Default 03-11-2011, 01:52 PM

I knew I shouldn't have bothered replying because 3-4 others were going to reply at the exact same time!
(#1710)
Old

Car: 1M
Default 03-11-2011, 04:04 PM

Can I get a discount on another one when I get my 1M?
(#1711)
Old

Car: 2009 E60 535i
Default 03-12-2011, 02:54 AM

Terry:

i just installed the JB4. it works super great.

i have a question

what is Transport mode / 4500 rev limit ON and OFF?

(#1712)
Old

Car: 2015 F22 M235i
Default 03-12-2011, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilam1019
Terry:

i have a question

Its like a vallet mode. It wont allow the car to go past 4500 rpm when it is enabled.

The search button works wonders and im pretty sure this question has been answered in this thread before.....

-Nick

2014 335i xDrive / Silver / ZF8 / M-Sport / 400M / BM3 2H Map / xHP Stage 3 / ATM FMIC / H&R Sports / VRSF **/CP
(#1713)
Old

Default 03-12-2011, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonX
Can I get a discount on another one when I get my 1M?
Slightly OT but have you got a delivery date?

Individual Velvet Blue Manual E90 335i M-Sport.
(#1714)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-12-2011, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilam1019
Terry:

i have a question

It's an OEM feature that hits a hard limiter at 4500rpm. Kinda scary if you WOT in to it so I don't suggest it. But it's there for your enjoyment.

Burger Motorsports

(#1715)
Old

Car: 2007 335i Sedan AT
Default 03-12-2011, 04:12 PM

Got my JB4, CAN Tool and BMS DCI last week. Did a baseline dyno today (267RWHP) and really wanted to throw the goodies on, but, none of my mechanically inclined buddies were free today, and I don't even own tools.

Next week I'll prob let the shop handle it (Titan Motorsports) and dyno it again. I'm pretty excited, but must admit all of the info/instructions seem to be scattered, and it might be a good idea to add a small card with the steering wheel controls/maps on it...

If I understand correctly MAP5 has to learn, so, should I do some blasts on the highway before I throw it back on the dyno?

SIDE NOTE: I freaked out when I got in the car after the dyno and had like 5 CEL's
(#1716)
Old
Vintage

Car: F10 N55 PWG
Default 03-12-2011, 04:44 PM

Yup do some 3rd full throttle and 4th gear full throttle blasts on the highway 3 or so times for the car to adapt on map 5, let it cool and throw it on the dyno. Let it cool between each run and make sure they got good fans in front of the car, this car like to get blasted by fans and air on a dyno.

2014 F10 535i N55 PWG
(#1717)
Old

Default 03-12-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5soko
Yup do some 3rd full throttle and 4th gear full throttle blasts on the highway 3 or so times for the car to adapt on map 5, let it cool and throw it on the dyno. Let it cool between each run and make sure they got good fans in front of the car, this car like to get blasted by fans and air on a dyno.
Why wouldn't I just punch it from the get go? WOT from start...That's how I drive everywhere, LOL
(#1718)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-12-2011, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyballoonot
Got my JB4, CAN Tool and BMS DCI last week. Did a baseline dyno today (267RWHP) and really wanted to throw the goodies on, but, none of my mechanically inclined buddies were free today, and I don't even own tools.

Next week I'll prob let the shop handle it (Titan Motorsports) and dyno it again. I'm pretty excited, but must admit all of the info/instructions seem to be scattered, and it might be a good idea to add a small card with the steering wheel controls/maps on it...

If I understand correctly MAP5 has to learn, so, should I do some blasts on the highway before I throw it back on the dyno?

SIDE NOTE: I freaked out when I got in the car after the dyno and had like 5 CEL's
Everything you need should be in the first post. If you find anything missing let me know and we'll get to work on adding it.

Optimizing performance for the dyno and on the road are different things. Map 5 is meant for road optimization. You can run it on the dyno but don't expect anything special out of it.

Burger Motorsports

(#1719)
Old

Default 03-12-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Everything you need should be in the first post. If you find anything missing let me know and we'll get to work on adding it.

Optimizing performance for the dyno and on the road are different things. Map 5 is meant for road optimization. You can run it on the dyno but don't expect anything special out of it.
Terry, sorry, I meant the instructions for everything, the DCI install, the CAN tool, the USB cable, the JB and all the codes/modes. You have the PDF's and the vids on the support page, but, the PDF mentions nothing about what to do when you have it installed. I was just suggesting that it might not be a bad idea to throw a copy of this OP in the box at a minimum, but a small cheat sheet for the glove box probably wouldn't hurt. I actually have no idea what the CAN tool/datalogging is used for, I just got the package because it seemed like a good deal, LOL

So, I wouldn't likely see much improvement on the dyno? It will still be pushing more boost, right? Should I dyno it at stage 1 then?

If I had to make a suggestion though an iPhone/Droid app would be sweet so I wouldn't have to drag my laptop out to the car, or iDrive intergration (I know both are probably stretches, but, that would rock)
(#1720)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-12-2011, 05:19 PM

You'll definitely see more performance with map5. Just advance warning that it is not meant to optimize dyno numbers. If it were, it wouldn't work as well as it does on the street.

Burger Motorsports

(#1721)
Old

Default 03-12-2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
You'll definitely see more performance with map5. Just advance warning that it is not meant to optimize dyno numbers. If it were, it wouldn't work as well as it does on the street.
i obviously care more about real world performance...maybe I'll do some pulls in 1 and 5...
Did I read that 5 is default?
(#1722)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-12-2011, 05:52 PM

1 is default. If time permits do two pulls on map 5, a pull on map 1, a pull on map 2, and then a stock baseline on map 0.

Burger Motorsports

(#1723)
Old

Default 03-12-2011, 06:04 PM

Quote:
1 is default. If time permits do two pulls on map 5, a pull on map 1, a pull on map 2, and then a stock baseline on map 0.
That shouldn't be a problem...any prepping, or a particular order to do them in? I think I'll want to use 5...if this is too much for the thread you can PM...

Any, logging you want or need?
(#1724)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-12-2011, 06:07 PM

If you are spending the money on dyno time never a bad idea to log as well. If you need any addl help just email me.

Burger Motorsports

(#1725)
Old

Default 03-12-2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
If you are spending the money on dyno time never a bad idea to log as well. If you need any addl help just email me.
Did that...Thanks