N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#951)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 01-23-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
It's just a communication standard the vehicle modules use to communicate with each other. Giving the JB4 the same module allows it to "join the club" and get all the dirt and gossip on the other modules including the DME.
I'm sure my sat-nav has been spreading rumours about the footwell module. Can the JB4 confirm?

Individual Velvet Blue Manual E90 335i M-Sport.
(#952)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-23-2011, 12:05 PM

lol!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#953)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 01-23-2011, 12:48 PM

Terry, is the JB4 capable of determining how much boost the DME is looking for, and feeding that value back to the DME, independent of actual boost?

Ferrari Red F80
(#954)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-23-2011, 12:53 PM

Sure. But it isn't setup to run the wastegates directly full time. So we only plan to use that trick in special cases like during manual transmission WOT shifts where we're watching everything and give the OK to hang the throttle open during the shift.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#955)
Old

Default 01-23-2011, 01:03 PM

My idea was to run a single turbo but one w/ an internal wastegate and the OEM vacuum actuator to avoid a tuning nightmare. However, I was thinking that with a single turbo (or bigger twins) the DME would need to see boost down low, but might throw a CEL if there is too much turbo lag.

Ferrari Red F80
(#956)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-23-2011, 01:17 PM

For single turbo you'd need our PRO board, which can run the solenoids (or a new one) completely independently of the OEM setup.

Burger Motorsports

(#957)
Old

Default 01-23-2011, 01:20 PM

ETA please!

Ferrari Red F80
(#958)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-23-2011, 02:36 PM

Don't have one. Plenty of work to go on it and we're busy on JB4 stuff right now.

Burger Motorsports

(#959)
Old

Car: 335i coupe 08'-545i 05'smg- civic 95' 600whp
Default 12. - 01-23-2011, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Don't have one. Plenty of work to go on it and we're busy on JB4 stuff right now.
I sent to you My numbers and logs of the track day

335I E92 Alpine white
12.56 @ 114.32 2.0 60ft with 335IS 19" wheels A/T
Stockin !!!
JB4 MAP 7 - VP116 - DCI - FMIC - with Hot temp 83'F
(#960)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 01-23-2011, 06:48 PM

Good place to post a feature request?

Would be great to be able to autoclear just the ******** codes but not all engine codes. I'm assuming autoclear does the latter.

Thanks!
(#961)
Old

Car: 07 BSM E92 335i
Default 01-23-2011, 07:43 PM

T, any info on "autotuning" yet?
(#962)
Old
ultimate racing 335

Car: 335i sedan
Default 01-23-2011, 07:53 PM

Hey Terry when instaling the jb4 we remove our o2 ****? Can we still keep it in so we dont have to use auto clear?
(#963)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-23-2011, 07:58 PM

Up to you but I'd suggest removing it. Fewer changes for headaches later.

Burger Motorsports

(#964)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-23-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiofficer
Good place to post a feature request?

Would be great to be able to autoclear just the ******** codes but not all engine codes. I'm assuming autoclear does the latter.

Thanks!
Code deletion is an all or nothing deal. But if you throw a non-*** code you'll get a check engine light and can disable auto clear at that point. You can even read the code through the dash if you want.

Burger Motorsports

(#965)
Old
Vintage

Car: F10 N55 PWG
Default 01-23-2011, 09:59 PM

Gona start playing with some features tommrrow within the JB4 interface.. Very intersted in the first and second gear boost redux features.

So to get the understanding of how this feature works.. I am running Map2 on 93octane. I enter lets say 5 into the 1st gear redux, and it will subtract 5 psi from lets say the targeted boost?

2014 F10 535i N55 PWG
(#966)
Old

Car: 335 coupe
Default 01-23-2011, 11:06 PM

The attached file on the first post:
File Type: hex CAN_010111C.HEX (71.1 KB, 107 views)
Is that the lastest firmware update? was that preloaded on the beta batch that shipped out on the 16th?
I haven't updated anything yet.
(#967)
Old

Car: e92 335i
Default 01-24-2011, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerocious
The attached file on the first post:
File Type: hex CAN_010111C.HEX (71.1 KB, 107 views)
Is that the lastest firmware update? was that preloaded on the beta batch that shipped out on the 16th?
I haven't updated anything yet.
Yes that is the latest public firmware update. If your not sure just plug your computer into the JB and the interface will tell you what firmware is loaded and interface version you are using.
(#968)
Old

Car: 135i / 335i / Z4 3.5
Default 01-24-2011, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdvrs
Yes that is the latest public firmware update. If your not sure just plug your computer into the JB and the interface will tell you what firmware is loaded and interface version you are using.
Once your PC is connected to the JB4, go to the 'User Adjustment' tab in the JB4 software...

There you will see the current FW version and interface version that you currently have...
(#969)
Old

Car: 135i / 335i / Z4 3.5
Default 01-24-2011, 12:09 PM

Look on the right side under 'Firmware Ver'

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/attach...1&d=1293331046
(#970)
Old
Enjoys Retirement

Car: 09 135i with M-sport Pkg
Default 01-24-2011, 03:02 PM

I got my JB4 today and installed in the car. Question though, when you are on the settings page I tried to read the DME codes if it had any and got a read failed. Is the car supposed to have ignition on and NOT running or did I just miss something??

Also, when I tried to do it off the gauges, I got 2 flashes and then 4flashes and it came out of command mode by itself. Is this normal?

Thanks for the help in advance

Autobahn.......its what's for dinner!!!
(#971)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-24-2011, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsabor67
I got my JB4 today and installed in the car. Question though, when you are on the settings page I tried to read the DME codes if it had any and got a read failed. Is the car supposed to have ignition on and NOT running or did I just miss something??

Also, when I tried to do it off the gauges, I got 2 flashes and then 4flashes and it came out of command mode by itself. Is this normal?

Thanks for the help in advance
Code reading via laptop only works with 1/1 and later firmware. 2 dashes with 4 dashes means no codes stored.

Burger Motorsports

(#972)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 135i
Default 01-24-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5soko
Gona start playing with some features tommrrow within the JB4 interface.. Very intersted in the first and second gear boost redux features.

So to get the understanding of how this feature works.. I am running Map2 on 93octane. I enter lets say 5 into the 1st gear redux, and it will subtract 5 psi from lets say the targeted boost?
You need to type 50, not 5 for a 5psi reduction. Scaling is 0-100...just remember, it will not go lower than stock boost no matter how high you put the gear redux. Enjoy!

2014 BMW 335i Sedan 8 Speed Auto
JB4 Map 7/Intake/E40
12.49 @113 mph with Continental DWS All-season tires
(#973)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-24-2011, 04:13 PM

+1. Also, in the next update that changes to a boost cap per gear. And you enter say 10.0 for maximum 10psi in 1st gear, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#974)
Old
Enjoys Retirement

Car: 09 135i with M-sport Pkg
Default 01-24-2011, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Code reading via laptop only works with 1/1 and later firmware. 2 dashes with 4 dashes means no codes stored.
Thanks Terry.

Autobahn.......its what's for dinner!!!
(#975)
Old
Ma need more protein !

Car: 2009 335i x drive
Default 01-24-2011, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Map 6 is for doing custom mapping. If you don't know how to do custom mapping (including reading any codes you generate) I strongly suggest not touching map 6.
Terry

i didnt have my laptop with me it happened on the highway, so no laptop.

Also its set to the parameters on the screenshot on the first posting.

2009 335 xdrive - Muff Delete, JB4 (ALPHA), DCIs, V701 GM, CF Splitters, +mas