N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#4626)
Old

Car: e92 n54 pre lci
Default 07-12-2018, 01:26 PM

Just tried installing the connect kit rev. 3.6 on my 07 n54 g5 iso with Terry's bogfix firmware. My galaxy s8 active and galaxy tabA won't recognize the device. I uninstalled the jb4 app and re installed on both devices and cleared bt and still nothing. I followed the install to a T but I'm thinking it's still a hardware issue because my devices won't pick up any jb4 bt signal. I have the anti lag chip installed as well.

FBO MT N54 w/stock turbos-tuned by Trebila

Last edited by Zeezul; 07-12-2018 at 01:45 PM..
(#4627)
Old

Car: Q50 Red Sport
Default 07-12-2018, 04:36 PM

great, thanks Terry.
(#4628)
Old

Car: 2018 Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 07-13-2018, 06:55 PM

Device: LG V20
Engine type: Q50 Red Sport VR30DDTT
App build: Latest
Kit Revision: Using cable and OTG
JB4 Firmware Version: Latest
Problem experienced:
Been using the app for a few months on my LG V20. I swapped out to a new phone (OnePlus 6) and was able to install easily on there and use it.

Now I've wiped my LG V20 to turn it into a dedicated JB4 device in my car and when trying to re-install the app it just tells me the app is not licensed every-time I open it up.

The only google account on both phones is the one I purchased the app with but it just won't work on the V20. I've re-installed and cleared cache/data multiple times, and checked Play Store certification status/SafetyNet (both are good). Running LineageOS 15.1 (Oreo 8.1) if that makes a difference.

Can you please let me know what else I can try?

Thanks,
boxy

Last edited by Boxy; 07-13-2018 at 10:08 PM..
(#4629)
Old

Default 07-14-2018, 09:40 AM

So for me to return the revkit (not working) I have to brake off the anti lag wire because it will not come out. FML. I really wish I tested it out before I installed the anti lag wire.

(#4630)
Old

Default 07-14-2018, 02:27 PM

I was tapping the wrong damn red wire. It's all good now.

(#4631)
Old

Car: Audi A3
Default 07-16-2018, 08:04 PM

Hi all,

Could someone confirm if this app has iPad compatibility or use the auto-layout?
I'm trying to load using CarBridge in my car but it doesn’t display properly.

Regards,

Tulio
(#4632)
Old

Car: 2009 135i Coupe
Default 07-23-2018, 02:40 PM

Does anyone have problems with autoconnect on the new android version ?
Kind of anoying as i have a tablet integration on the car, it used to auto connect fine but not anymore.
Anyone have old versions APK ?

f*** v-bands clamp
(#4633)
Old
Demigod

Car: 2008 135i
Default 07-27-2018, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BEAST
Highly inaccurate. After a 3rd gear pull I let off and MPH on logs show 160mph +
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazRedGT
Yeah mine is off by about 32mph. At 60mph app reads 92mph.
Try it with the new app releases and ensure your JB4 is up-to-date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike310z
I am on a thread and tried using a directly loaded previous version but it says I can't be authenticated, I will let you know but you may want to ping Donnie so he has more data points to work off when localising the probelm
Try the beta:
https://play.google.com/apps/testing...o91.jb4_mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnDatsun
Is there a way to set a marker to see all selected parameters at a certain point on the graph? Sort of like on datazap.
iOS - Yes
Android - No. I started coding it out awhile back, but never got around to finishing it up. Hoping to get back into it soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpink
Viewing more than 12 parameters would be very much welcome
On the todo list, but I need to do testing with the current graphing library to ensure it won't bee too much strain on some devices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeezul
Just tried installing the connect kit rev. 3.6 on my 07 n54 g5 iso with Terry's bogfix firmware. My galaxy s8 active and galaxy tabA won't recognize the device. I uninstalled the jb4 app and re installed on both devices and cleared bt and still nothing. I followed the install to a T but I'm thinking it's still a hardware issue because my devices won't pick up any jb4 bt signal. I have the anti lag chip installed as well.
Screenshot the error message you get and email support@jb4connectkit.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxy
Device: LG V20
Engine type: Q50 Red Sport VR30DDTT
App build: Latest
Kit Revision: Using cable and OTG
JB4 Firmware Version: Latest
Problem experienced:
Been using the app for a few months on my LG V20. I swapped out to a new phone (OnePlus 6) and was able to install easily on there and use it.

Now I've wiped my LG V20 to turn it into a dedicated JB4 device in my car and when trying to re-install the app it just tells me the app is not licensed every-time I open it up.

The only google account on both phones is the one I purchased the app with but it just won't work on the V20. I've re-installed and cleared cache/data multiple times, and checked Play Store certification status/SafetyNet (both are good). Running LineageOS 15.1 (Oreo 8.1) if that makes a difference.

Can you please let me know what else I can try?

Thanks,
boxy
This is a bug with certain Google Play store versions (https://www.reddit.com/r/androiddev/...ore_10717_lvl/). Here is Google's suggestion: https://productforums.google.com/d/m...Y/BhRtSx9RFgAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutuco
Hi all,

Could someone confirm if this app has iPad compatibility or use the auto-layout?
I'm trying to load using CarBridge in my car but it doesn’t display properly.

Regards,

Tulio
Yes it is compatible with iPad, but I can't commit any time to supporting jailbreak tweaks. Hopefully Apple eases up their restrictions on CarPlay apps so I can officially support it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traf
Does anyone have problems with autoconnect on the new android version ?
Kind of anoying as i have a tablet integration on the car, it used to auto connect fine but not anymore.
Anyone have old versions APK ?
Email me and I'll help you troubleshoot it. support3@jb4connectkit.com

2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#4634)
Old

Car: ‘07 BMW 335i
Unhappy Invalid PIN? Any Advice? - 08-03-2018, 10:12 AM

Device: iPhone 7
Engine type: N54
App build: 2.3.4?
Kit Revision: Rev 3.6
JB4 Firmware Version: Not sure, was going to update firmware on JB4 Mobile App
Problem experienced:

I have the G5 JB4, full bolt on N54 2007 BMW 335i. I purchased the Bluetooth Connect Kit to update my firmware for JB4 and be able to have the awesome gauges and most importantly… do mobile logs. My app continues to say “Error: Invalid PIN. Please Try Again.” and I have never established a connection in the first place to try a PIN. Not sure what to do or why this is happening.

Thanks for your help
Attached Images
File Type: pdf image1 copy.pdf (103.2 KB, 17 views)
(#4635)
Old

Car: 2014 BMW X1 28i xDrive
Default 08-03-2018, 01:33 PM

Is there a way using the app to turn off the Shift Indicator RPM?

I've set it to 8500 RPM (well beyond what I hit) but continue to have flashing hazards.
(#4636)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 08-03-2018, 02:34 PM

Email sent for kit not owned error

2011 BMW VO 1M | JB4 ISO | MHD | PR Stage 4 Elite | Spec Twin Disk | VSRF 335d CP w/ TiAL | AR D*P*S | MMP Relo Inlets | ETS IC | Slek Front Lip / Diffuser | Apex EC7 Wheels | KW HAS | N55 Mid + Y Pref | P3 | ADe Catch Can
(#4637)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT1
Default 08-08-2018, 09:59 AM

Hello Donnie,

I am trying to exports graphs from the logging and i can only send an excel file. Is there a way to send a graph? Also, the MPH seem capped at 50 mph on the graphs any suggestions on how to fix that?

I am using a JB4 on a Kia Stinger w/ bluetooth setup. using a Note 8 as my device.
(#4638)
Old

Car: F30 320i B48
Default 08-09-2018, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x99percent
It's much better, but there is some odd behavior when the rotation settings are changed while the app is running.

Example A:
  1. Have device locked to portrait
  2. Run JB4 app
  3. Unlock rotation from Quick Settings
  4. App doesn't rotate :-(

Example B:
  1. Have device set to rotate
  2. Run JB4 app
  3. App rotates as it should :-)
  4. Lock rotation to portrait from Quick Settings
  5. App doesn't rotate :-)
  6. Unlock rotation from Quick Settings
  7. App rotates :-)
yeap, issue still there (Aug 10, 2018), a bit annoying..
(#4639)
Old

Car: F30 320i B48
Default 08-09-2018, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzy_dylan
Problem experienced:

I have the G5 JB4, full bolt on N54 2007 BMW 335i. I purchased the Bluetooth Connect Kit to update my firmware for JB4 and be able to have the awesome gauges and most importantly… do mobile logs. My app continues to say “Error: Invalid PIN. Please Try Again.” and I have never established a connection in the first place to try a PIN. Not sure what to do or why this is happening.

Thanks for your help
used to have this problem..
but for me, I skip bluetooth pairing (that ask for pin), go to the app, and connect..
no problem since..
(#4640)
Old

Car: 2011 335is Coupe LMB DCT
Default JB4 Mobile Android APK Release History / Change Release Doc? - 08-12-2018, 12:56 AM

Hello,

Does anyone have a complete list of all of the JB4 Mobile App (Android APK only, not interested in iOS) official releases, including the version numbers and change notes associated with each new version? Developer's usually have the change history documented.

I would like to read back through the release notes and see how the Mobile App has grown, evolved, and know which features and bug fixes were applied by version number. This would be so cool to have (I'm a nerd).

I've looked at the Google Play Store, but I can only view the latest version.
However, I think the app owner/creator/developer can use the developer console in the Play Store, to view the previous APKs in the "Other APK" list.

Does anyone have anything that they've put together themselves, or maybe know where the APK change history would be?

Thanks,
Jason
(#4641)
Old

Car: 2012 bmw 135i
Default 08-12-2018, 03:35 PM

The problem I'm having is that my jb4 app. It works key on, car off I start the car, the app losses it's Bluetooth signal. I have the power source hooked up the way you suggested off the jb4 red wire power source

<-- Click for the build thread Full 1M bodywork,ONE EIGHTY HL,Carbon hood,trunk,side skirts,black lines,CKS coil overs, Sparta Evolution 2 piece rotors , PURE Stage 2 Turbo 24psi e65
(#4642)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-12-2018, 04:53 PM

A bunch of improvements for the Android coming down the pipeline. But, I don't use iOS so Donnie will have to help you guys with that front.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4643)
Old

Car: 2011 335is Coupe LMB DCT
Default 08-13-2018, 10:40 AM

VegasJD,

Is your mobile device connected to any other Bluetooth hardware in close proximity?
- Car?
- TV?
- Speakers?
- Wireless Headset?

You could be getting kicked off the JB4 device when you start your car, because your car's bluetooth is connecting to your device and for some reason it takes priority over the JB4.

Have you tried unpairing / forgetting / deleting all other bluetooth paired connections with your device? This may help. Sometimes devices with a lot of bluetooth paired connections in cache do funny things.

Try removing all other bluetooth connections and then reconnect to JB4.

Some devices can handle dual connections better than others. I can connect to both my BMW bluetooth service (phone/music) and my JB4 at the same time. When I get a call, the JB4 stays connected and the call works via bluetooth at the same time.

My device is a very old Samsung Galaxy S4 (2013).
(#4644)
Old

Car: 2008 E93
Default 08-13-2018, 05:39 PM

I have the same problem connecting. Galaxy S9+.
Have to disconnect OTG from data cable and reconnect EVERY time. It wasnt like that b4. I tried multiple OTG cables and adapters. Same crap. Extremely annoying. I used to plug in and go with OTG cable always connect to data cable. Not anymore
(#4645)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 08-17-2018, 12:44 PM

Any update for the g force meter not centering on iphone X?
(#4646)
Old

Car: BMW 135i
Default 08-17-2018, 01:40 PM

I can't wait to be able to point on a spot of the graph and know the exact number I'm looking at on the graph. so jealous of iOS users that have that (also NOT jealous of iphone users, only android for me lol)
(#4647)
Old
Demigod

Car: 2008 135i
Default 08-21-2018, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzy_dylan
Problem experienced:

Thanks for your help
Resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketfoot
Is there a way using the app to turn off the Shift Indicator RPM?

I've set it to 8500 RPM (well beyond what I hit) but continue to have flashing hazards.
Those have to be disabled with the in-dash JB4 controls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears4Lyfe
Hello Donnie,

I am trying to exports graphs from the logging and i can only send an excel file. Is there a way to send a graph? Also, the MPH seem capped at 50 mph on the graphs any suggestions on how to fix that?

I am using a JB4 on a Kia Stinger w/ bluetooth setup. using a Note 8 as my device.
The excel file is what the JB4 software uses to generate graphs. You can get a screenshot using your device's built-in functions if you just want a picture. Email me a log and I'll review. support3@jb4connectkit.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbourne
yeap, issue still there (Aug 10, 2018), a bit annoying..
I'll check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3wp0r7
Hello,

Does anyone have a complete list of all of the JB4 Mobile App (Android APK only, not interested in iOS) official releases, including the version numbers and change notes associated with each new version? Developer's usually have the change history documented.

I would like to read back through the release notes and see how the Mobile App has grown, evolved, and know which features and bug fixes were applied by version number. This would be so cool to have (I'm a nerd).

I've looked at the Google Play Store, but I can only view the latest version.
However, I think the app owner/creator/developer can use the developer console in the Play Store, to view the previous APKs in the "Other APK" list.

Does anyone have anything that they've put together themselves, or maybe know where the APK change history would be?

Thanks,
Jason
That's a lot of specific information to request and would take awhile to track down. If you can find it out in the wild more power to ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasJD
The problem I'm having is that my jb4 app. It works key on, car off I start the car, the app losses it's Bluetooth signal. I have the power source hooked up the way you suggested off the jb4 red wire power source
Email me: support3@jb4connectkit.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
A bunch of improvements for the Android coming down the pipeline. But, I don't use iOS so Donnie will have to help you guys with that front.
^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BEAST
I have the same problem connecting. Galaxy S9+.
Have to disconnect OTG from data cable and reconnect EVERY time. It wasnt like that b4. I tried multiple OTG cables and adapters. Same crap. Extremely annoying. I used to plug in and go with OTG cable always connect to data cable. Not anymore
Which app build are you on currently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsniper12453
Any update for the g force meter not centering on iphone X?
Email me and we'll troubleshoot it:
support3@jb4connectkit.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by icewall
I can't wait to be able to point on a spot of the graph and know the exact number I'm looking at on the graph. so jealous of iOS users that have that (also NOT jealous of iphone users, only android for me lol)
It's one of the next things I'm trying to work on as time permits.

2008 135i 4L80E Swap - 807 WHP
VM 6466 Single Turbo Kit | JB4 | BMS Flash via MHD | Fuel-It Stage 3 | BMS Port Injection | E85

For all JB4 Mobile/Connect Kit requests, email me at: support@jb4connectkit.com

For JB4 Mobile feedback (bug reports, minor annoyances, etc.), email me at: feedback@jb4connectkit.com
(#4648)
Old

Car: 335i bmw e90
Default Latest FIRMWARE UPDATE? - 08-27-2018, 08:43 AM

Which is Latest FIRMWARE UPDATE?!? G5_32_12_T6.hex G5_32_12_T9.hex or G5_32_8_T12.hex???

Last edited by Vargas Stage1; 08-27-2018 at 09:08 AM..
(#4649)
Old

Car: 335i bmw e90
Default 08-28-2018, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargas Stage1
Which is Latest FIRMWARE UPDATE?!? G5_32_12_T6.hex G5_32_12_T9.hex or G5_32_8_T12.hex???
Why No HELP???
(#4650)
Old
Demigod

Car: '07 335i Sedan, Built & Blown '08 Mustang Bullitt
Default 08-28-2018, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargas Stage1
Why No HELP???
Well, for starters, this thread is about the JB4 Mobile app. Your question is specific to a certain engine and firmware. So I would start with the right thread.

Also, if you want to post an issue in this thread, read the first post. There are requirements or your post will be ignored. People on this forum don't really like to do work for others when it can easily be done themselves.

2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe | PS2 | MPPSK | Track Handling Package | JB4 | BMS Meth Kit (Dual CM5) | BMS Intake | BMW 513M Wheels | Dinan Shockware

SOLD: 2007 E90 335i | PS2's | JB4 | FBO | 160k+ miles on the car, 120k+ miles on the JB4

Log, log, then log some more...