N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3226)
Old

Car: Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
Default 05-18-2020, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Grab a run on map2 for comparison.
Map2 run in a hot weather (about 35C/95F).
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R1_200518_132611.csv (15.0 KB, 5 views)
(#3227)
Old

Car: 2019 Stinger GT2 AWD
Default Connection of Fuel-it Sensor to JB4 question - 05-19-2020, 03:21 AM

On the main web page for the kit it says to connect the sensor to the #4 on the JB4 harness and Select WMI page option 2/3 input to enable.

On the installation pdf it advises: Pin locations All others = Pin 16
Within the JB4 app on the ethanol/E85 settings set “signal scaling” to 100, check off “JB4 15/16 FlexFuel Input”. and also.....*hint* If your pin location is occupied and you are not running a meth FSB, insert the white wire in to the same pin location the orange meth FSB wire would typically be installed in, typically pin 2 or pin 3. You will then need to change your JB4 FlexFuel Input accordingly in the JB4 software or mobile app to “JB4 2/3 FlexFuel Input”.

I currently don't have WMI, but may add it in the future, so I want to leave the appropriate spot open for the FSB connection. I do already have the Fuel Wires, EWG wires and blue-tooth connections up and running.

Can someone clarify what position I should connect the Fuel-it sensor to on the JB4 if I plan on adding WMI in the future and what settings / changes I should make within the app.

Thanks!
(#3228)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-19-2020, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alawadhi3000
Map2 run in a hot weather (about 35C/95F).
I like the way this looks more on the data end. But I know that is just part of the equation if map 3 feels faster behind the wheel.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3229)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-19-2020, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValkyrieMedic
On the main web page for the kit it says to connect the sensor to the #4 on the JB4 harness and Select WMI page option 2/3 input to enable.

On the installation pdf it advises: Pin locations All others = Pin 16
Within the JB4 app on the ethanol/E85 settings set “signal scaling” to 100, check off “JB4 15/16 FlexFuel Input”. and also.....*hint* If your pin location is occupied and you are not running a meth FSB, insert the white wire in to the same pin location the orange meth FSB wire would typically be installed in, typically pin 2 or pin 3. You will then need to change your JB4 FlexFuel Input accordingly in the JB4 software or mobile app to “JB4 2/3 FlexFuel Input”.

I currently don't have WMI, but may add it in the future, so I want to leave the appropriate spot open for the FSB connection. I do already have the Fuel Wires, EWG wires and blue-tooth connections up and running.

Can someone clarify what position I should connect the Fuel-it sensor to on the JB4 if I plan on adding WMI in the future and what settings / changes I should make within the app.

Thanks!
For the Kia it's spot #4, so there won't be a future conflict with WMI or CPI.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3230)
Old

Car: Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
Default 05-19-2020, 01:33 PM

Quote:
I like the way this looks more on the data end. But I know that is just part of the equation if map 3 feels faster behind the wheel.
Thanks, is map 3 safe to run from time to time?
(#3231)
Old

Car: 2019 Stinger GT2
Default 05-19-2020, 02:12 PM

just installed a new JB4 with bluetooth module on my 2019 Stinger GT2

install was fine--located and connected the 2 fuel wires...did I find the right 2 red wires?!?!

updates to the newest stable firmware version

everything went well--until---

connected OBDII connector and the car wouldn't start- disconnected and reconnected

car started hard with check engine light and several system failures

read codes: 0698 and 2122 (clear them but they return)

only ran car on MAP0 and MAP1---reset and restarted app and car---check engine light cleared as well as any other dash failure codes--the OBDII codes persist

was able to drive home from the office using Map1--I logged (see attached for details)

http://prntscr.com/sk00em

those two codes (0689/2122)_ did not appear...is all well?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200519_1525_runs(3).csv (229.2 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by sipes1946; 05-19-2020 at 04:32 PM.. Reason: more information
(#3232)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-19-2020, 04:37 PM

Good first step is photos of the install to cehck for anything out of place.

Burger Motorsports

(#3233)
Old

Default 05-19-2020, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Good first step is photos of the install to cehck for anything out of place.
in response to me?

did my log look good? I guess that would tell the story
(#3234)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-19-2020, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipes1946
in response to me?

did my log look good? I guess that would tell the story
Log is short, seems OK. But codes are not normal. Might be easier to email them in, terry@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports

(#3235)
Old

Default 05-19-2020, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Log is short, seems OK. But codes are not normal. Might be easier to email them in, terry@burgertuning.com
I emailed you the log and the screen capture of it...I can run a longer log tomorrow if needed
(#3236)
Old

Car: 2019 Stinger GT2 AWD
Default 05-19-2020, 11:16 PM

Quote:
For the Kia it's spot #4, so there won't be a future conflict with WMI or CPI.
Thanks Terry!
(#3237)
Old

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT2
Default E85 Question (Terry) - 05-20-2020, 11:32 AM

Just a quick question, and I did search E85 on this site before asking, and it surprisingly found no results for the search phrase E85. Been running 100 Octane Unleaded Race Fuel about once a month, however that gets very expensive. I have seen both in the forums and Facebook Groups where people are mixing 4 to 5 gallons of E85 and topping off with 93 Octane. I am also seeing some people saying that E85 will obliterate your fuel system. But when I read the latest maps it clearly advertises 30% E85 mix is acceptable for Map 4 as an example. I stopped by the only Gas station in the state which sells E85 and filled up 4 five gallon gas cans, but I just wanted to confirm that this can be put in to my Stinger GT2 (with upgraded plugs, exhaust, FMIC, and Intakes)? Plan was to bring the car to the gas station, put the 5 gallons of E85 in and top off the remaining with 93 octane. Just want to make sure that is OK to do? The other users right on it obliterating the fuel system? Please advise and thanks very much
(#3238)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-20-2020, 01:17 PM

Not seen any issues running 5-6 gallons of E85 rest pump gas, in our longer term testing, nor heard of any from many customers running it. Some countries have E25 mandated by law so everything is more or less E85 compatible these days.

Burger Motorsports

(#3239)
Old

Default 05-20-2020, 01:35 PM

Thanks very much Terry! Definitely gives me some peace of mind. Having the M45il plugs, MBRP ***-back exhaust, K&N Typhoon intakes, and the front mount intercooler on its way from your shop, should I be able to do this 5-6 gallon E85 mix and utilize Map 5? If you think so, I will send along a log of the results. Recommendation?
(#3240)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-20-2020, 02:56 PM

Map5 might be a bit much, I'd start with map3.

Burger Motorsports

(#3241)
Old

Default 05-21-2020, 10:50 AM

One last question Terry. You sell the Fuel-It FLEX FUEL KIT for KIA 3.3L -- Bluetooth & 5V on your site. Is there a great benefit to using this product that I wouldn't get if I did not have this "Fuel-It" product? I know I can run the ethanol mix without it, but I wanted to know if there were a major enough benefit to having this product whilst running the car with the ethanol mix? Thanks
(#3242)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-21-2020, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Stinger_GT2
One last question Terry. You sell the Fuel-It FLEX FUEL KIT for KIA 3.3L -- Bluetooth & 5V on your site. Is there a great benefit to using this product that I wouldn't get if I did not have this "Fuel-It" product? I know I can run the ethanol mix without it, but I wanted to know if there were a major enough benefit to having this product whilst running the car with the ethanol mix? Thanks
For most users not a huge benefit, just something fun to have, especially if you like to change fuel mixture soften and want the JB4 to adjust accordingly.

Burger Motorsports

(#3243)
Old

Car: Stinger GT2
Default 05-23-2020, 12:13 PM

Hi Terry,

I purchased the JB4 unit w/ fuel wires & Bluetooth connect 6 months ago and I am finally getting around to installing it tomorrow.

I just purchased the app and saw the firmware available for download. Should I go with the Alpha firmware or start with the stable? or Beta?

Thanks!
(#3244)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-23-2020, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymorz
Hi Terry,

I purchased the JB4 unit w/ fuel wires & Bluetooth connect 6 months ago and I am finally getting around to installing it tomorrow.

I just purchased the app and saw the firmware available for download. Should I go with the Alpha firmware or start with the stable? or Beta?

Thanks!
I'd just load v17 the latest alpha.

Burger Motorsports

(#3245)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-23-2020, 12:44 PM

With the latest BETA app map switch mode2 can be selected now.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#3246)
Old

Default 05-24-2020, 05:25 PM

Hey Terry! Hope you're Enjoying your Memorial Day Weekend. Our last exchange you confirmed 5 gallons of E85 and remainder 93 Octane. I mentioned trying Map 5, and said to start at Map 3. I have attached some logs with this E85 mix. Some runs were Map 3 and I believe I did one run in Map 4, and I may have messed one of the four logs up, with cars coming up on me, so try to ignore that one. Could you please let me know how it looks? Want to make sure the car is responding well to this fuel mix. Usually do 100 Octane Unleaded Race Gas, but its insanely expensive. Really appreciate your time and feedback. Thanks Terry!

20200524_1611_runs(1).csv

20200524_1737_runs(3).csv
(#3247)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-24-2020, 05:59 PM

Already reviewed via email.

Burger Motorsports

(#3248)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT
Default 05-27-2020, 09:17 AM

So my Stinger GT is having an issue in Comfort mode. If I gas it to pass someone who doesn't want to be passed (they speed up), I am hitting a wall at 90-ish. The car feels like it's hitting fuel cut. I can turn the knob to Sport mode and it will instantly pull right back into hauling ass to no end.

GT1 RWD with BMS intakes and Densos. I may have to drop back to older firmware but not sure. I try to keep it updated.

I posted a log from when this happened last. Any insight will be greatly appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200526_0624_runs(4).csv (19.0 KB, 3 views)
(#3249)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-27-2020, 09:40 AM

What timestamp/run did you experience it? Boost and pedal input all line up here from what I can see.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#3250)
Old

Car: 2019 STINGER
Default 05-27-2020, 09:47 AM

Sounds like just suffering comfort throttle response/sensitivity