N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#176)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-16-2020, 03:35 PM

I'd have to see the log for more specific advice on it.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#177)
Old

Car: 2016 S6 and 2018 q50
Default 05-17-2020, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider
Your new 1-3 log looks better, if anything the boost is conservative. You're running stock boost in 1/2 and then you can see the target come up in 3rd gear. Would have been good to see the top end of 3rd though since thats where you're first log was acting weird. AFR/timing look better. Anything less than 5* I start to consider as being too low and either up the octane or lower the boost. Your EWG settings look correct. See if you can get another full 3rd gear pull at some point so we can see if that first log was a fluke or is repeatable. You might also try map 0 or 1 for the same 3rd gear pull so we can compare.
Ddnspider, what do you think about the new logs?
I notice on run 4, 5 and 6 the double hump started to even itself out.
Maybe something to do with adaption or the FW can be making the curve do some funky things?
(#178)
Old

Car: q50
Default 05-17-2020, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgvr6
Ddnspider, what do you think about the new logs?
I notice on run 4, 5 and 6 the double hump started to even itself out.
Maybe something to do with adaption or the FW can be making the curve do some funky things?
I think pull 5 looked the cleanest. Boost is reasonable, AFR is good, timing is pretty low down low but is increasing the entire pull ending in double digits so its happy. You should also consider playing with a map 6 custom map. Lot of people go that route too....but wont help with traction

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW, WMI, EWG
C@less D 0wn P 1pipes, Y pipe, Mid pipe
BMS HE
Low cost LSD
Z1 billet subframe bushing collars
(#179)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport AWD
Question 05-18-2020, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I'd have to see the log for more specific advice on it.
Here are two runs, I upped the FF to 55, and left the boost by gear at 2 and 1. Everything looked good to me, thoughts?

Could only really do the runs on the highway, not from a stop. I will try and get one of those as well.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200518_144707_runs(1).csv (9.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: csv 20200518_144444_runs(1).csv (6.7 KB, 6 views)
(#180)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-18-2020, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonianToro
Here are two runs, I upped the FF to 55, and left the boost by gear at 2 and 1. Everything looked good to me, thoughts?

Could only really do the runs on the highway, not from a stop. I will try and get one of those as well.
How well does your map0 boost match DME BT? Assuming closely then the EWG is well configured here. And as you run more aggressive boost targets like say map2 should see a more aggressive EWG profile to match.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#181)
Old

Default 05-18-2020, 08:42 PM

Quote:
How well does your map0 boost match DME BT? Assuming closely then the EWG is well configured here. And as you run more aggressive boost targets like say map2 should see a more aggressive EWG profile to match.
OK, maybe I need a little more learning, but in all the guides to understanding the JB terms they say that you don't need to pay much attention to the DME BT, so how do I go about verifying what you said? Do I turn off the EWG and the FW with the Bits, and then do a run on map0 and then look at the boost ad see if it looks like what this last run's DME BT look like? (I think that is what you said).

Thanks again for the fast responses Terry, I'm loving these EWG. I think after I verify this map0, I will try upping a little of my map6 boost targets to be a little more aggressive, now that I know more of what I am looking for.
(#182)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-19-2020, 03:10 PM

Quote:
OK, maybe I need a little more learning, but in all the guides to understanding the JB terms they say that you don't need to pay much attention to the DME BT, so how do I go about verifying what you said? Do I turn off the EWG and the FW with the Bits, and then do a run on map0 and then look at the boost ad see if it looks like what this last run's DME BT look like? (I think that is what you said).

Thanks again for the fast responses Terry, I'm loving these EWG. I think after I verify this map0, I will try upping a little of my map6 boost targets to be a little more aggressive, now that I know more of what I am looking for.
Yes log map0 and we can compare it, then you can raise or lower FF as needed to drive up WGDC and thus boost a little as needed.

Burger Motorsports

(#183)
Old

Default 05-19-2020, 06:55 PM

Terry, on the initial WOT hit, WG is mostly closed— which sometimes makes boost come on abrupt. If I’m getting this correctly, would I be able to adjust the duty bias on the lower RPMs to about 40-45 and keep it default towards the mid range to overcome that?

The more I decide to climb in boost settings, the lower I should adjust the duty cycle (40-45) to negate boost spike accordantly, and maybe set default WG position a little more open 40 rather than 35?
Also, shift reduction setting at 60 with 100 meaning no WG reduction or MAX.

Last edited by Dgvr6; 05-19-2020 at 07:09 PM..
(#184)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-19-2020, 07:13 PM

You can always play around with it to see what works for your specific situation. Lower shift reduction reduces WGDC drop and duration during shifts, higher increases the effect.

Burger Motorsports

(#185)
Old

Default 05-19-2020, 08:02 PM

Quote:
You can always play around with it to see what works for your specific situation. Lower shift reduction reduces WGDC drop and duration during shifts, higher increases the effect.
Sounds good, wanted to make sure I have the correct idea.
Thanks terry
(#186)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 3.0t
Default 05-20-2020, 07:31 PM

For non RS owners, do we need to set any of the options to "ON", or is that RS models only?
(#187)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-20-2020, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by importroller
For non RS owners, do we need to set any of the options to "ON", or is that RS models only?
You don't, that setting is for the RS models only

Burger Motorsports

(#188)
Old

Car: 2018 Infiniti Q50 RedSport
Default Install Guide - 05-22-2020, 09:05 AM

Anyone have a guide to install these on the Q50 RS?
(#189)
Old

Default 05-23-2020, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Yes log map0 and we can compare it, then you can raise or lower FF as needed to drive up WGDC and thus boost a little as needed.
This is the best I could get today. It is not long, but wiwth the Map0 and EWG off, the baseline boost is similar to what the DME BT looked like in my previous runs, i think?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200523_104159_runs(1).csv (8.1 KB, 3 views)
(#190)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-23-2020, 10:24 AM

Quote:
This is the best I could get today. It is not long, but wiwth the Map0 and EWG off, the baseline boost is similar to what the DME BT looked like in my previous runs, i think?
Looks fine to me here, psi mirrors DME_BT, so you can adjust FF as needed for your targeting. Value of 60 is popular.

Burger Motorsports

(#191)
Old

Car: 2020 Infiniti Q50
Default 05-23-2020, 06:39 PM

Hey everyone. Just got the cables in today and installed. What sort of log should I take. I usually do 3rd gear from 25mph to bear red line. Does that apply for the ewg too?
(#192)
Old

Default 05-23-2020, 11:24 PM

Well I went out and did some 3rd gear pulls and some pulls from a dig. Running map 4 with 92 octane. Have some logs before EWG and after. Running with duty bias 50 across the board. FF 60, Auto shift boost reduction 60, and PID gain 20. Looking to get a second set of eyes on these. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 200521_1458_map4_fw_3rdgear.csv (8.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: csv 200523_2218_map4_fw_ewg_3rd gear.csv (53.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: csv 200523_2222_map4_fw_ewg_3rdgear2.csv (6.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: csv 200521_1506_map4_fw_0-80.csv (6.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: csv 200523_2220_map4_fw_ewg_0-70.csv (5.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: csv 200523_2231_map4_fw_ewg_0-60.csv (4.9 KB, 7 views)
(#193)
Old

Car: Q50 RS
Default 05-24-2020, 09:51 AM

@Terry. How's this look? Waiting on my WMI kit to come in. 93 Oct. Been playing with the settings trying to wakeup the bottom end it was like an on off switch before. This feels good. Opinions pls
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200524_123640_runs(1).csv (12.1 KB, 4 views)
(#194)
Old

Default 05-24-2020, 10:17 AM

Did one more. Feels like it was breaking up a little could have been loosing traction though on the rough road... thoughts?
Attached Files
File Type: csv run2.csv (7.5 KB, 6 views)
(#195)
Old

Car: 2018 Infiniti Q50 Luxe
Default Got my EWG installed - 05-24-2020, 01:31 PM

Hi all,

Recent pull from 2nd thru 3rd with the FW and EWG enabled. Howís it look to you guys? It feels like itís running the best Itís ever ran
Attached Files
File Type: csv Map 6 FW, EWG 2-3rd.csv (5.2 KB, 11 views)

2018 Infiniti Q50 Luxe
Frozen Boost 118 HE
AMS intakes
HKS Bov's
JB4 w/BT, FW & EWG
(#196)
Old

Default Still having issues with these EWG wires - 05-25-2020, 12:35 PM

Messed around all day with settings and can't stop this surging. You can see it as the car comes into boost. The car is like an on off switch no boost then all the boost and it seems to have a hard time stabilizing. Raising duty cycle before 3k helped a bit. Any ideas?
Attached Files
File Type: csv Memorial Day Log2.csv (9.0 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by nofear72784; 05-25-2020 at 01:10 PM.. Reason: wrong log attached
(#197)
Old

Car: 2019 Q50 Luxe
Default 05-25-2020, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofear72784
Messed around all day with settings and can't stop this surging. You can see it as the car comes into boost. The car is like an on off switch no boost then all the boost and it seems to have a hard time stabilizing. Raising duty cycle before 3k helped a bit. Any ideas?
Screenshot your settings, sounds like you forgot to change/enable something. My car did that when I test drove it before properly changing the settings

2019 Q50 Luxe RWD *JB4 with Bluetooth, Fuel Wires & EWG Connectors*BMS Intakes*AMS Downers*Frozen Boost 101*Megan Y Pipe*ADD W1 Oil Catch Can*HKS BOVs*275/40/19 Firehawk Indy 500s*
423 whp, 450 tq at 16.8psi with E30/JB4/FW/Intakes
12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#198)
Old

Car: 2018 Infiniti Q50 RedSport
Default 05-25-2020, 01:49 PM

the install guide posted i cannot click on, is that the one that uses a Stinger as a guide, i was looking for someone that maybe has a Q50 guide with clearer photos
(#199)
Old

Car: 2019 Q50 Luxe
Default 05-25-2020, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMSR
the install guide posted i cannot click on, is that the one that uses a Stinger as a guide, i was looking for someone that maybe has a Q50 guide with clearer photos
This is the most I've seen in terms of helper pics. Use these and the instructions from pg 1 and you should be able to figure it out. The oem connectors sit on top of 2 black plastic tube looking pieces.

2019 Q50 Luxe RWD *JB4 with Bluetooth, Fuel Wires & EWG Connectors*BMS Intakes*AMS Downers*Frozen Boost 101*Megan Y Pipe*ADD W1 Oil Catch Can*HKS BOVs*275/40/19 Firehawk Indy 500s*
423 whp, 450 tq at 16.8psi with E30/JB4/FW/Intakes
12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#200)
Old

Default 05-25-2020, 04:33 PM

Just had the weirdest thing happen to me. Went to go grab some take out. Car was fine on the drive there. Left it on and idling while I waited for the food. Maybe 10 minutes. On the way back the car had like no power what so ever. Had to go full pedal to get it to speed up any and had to manually shift. Tried pulling off and turning it on and off which didn't help. Got home let it sit for a minute then it seemed fine. Tried recreating the problem. Drove around for a bit then let the car sit for about 10 minutes or so. Didn't do it this time. I just have the datacable so I couldn't check the JB4 or take a log while it was happening. Car didn't throw up any codes or anything. Just got the EWG cables installed on Friday. I've taken the car out to do some logs and to the grocery store and haven't seen any issues until just now. Thoughts? Running default settings for the EWG from the sticky page.