N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i E90 Sedan (N54) Manual
Question Some Digital Gauges not reading out in Map 0? - 09-22-2020, 01:47 PM

I am going to apologize in advance if this is obvious or if there is a post with the answer somewhere already; I did attempt to search the forum as well as Google and YouTube, but can't seem to find a related answer. So here goes...

The digital gauges in my JB4 Mobile app all seem to work fine in most Maps (2, 5, 8, etc), but not Map 0. When in Map 0, only the Boost and Target gauges work properly, the others stay at 0. I did notice if I switch to another map while driving, and then switch back to Map 0, the non-boost gauges (like mph, rpm, temp) seem "stuck" at whatever values they were when I switched back to Map 0.

Any thoughts on what could cause this? I've tried turning the car off and on, soft resetting my iPhone, closing and reopening the JB4 mobile app, turning off my iPhone bluetooth and back on, scanning for codes (no codes found).

It seems to be connecting and reading out ok in other maps, which is why it not working in one map seems odd. I never use Map 0 (always 2 or 8, depending if I'm at slow speeds and can't take the wastegate rattle , but I just started using it a couple days ago while waiting for my performance shop to have a free day to look at my blow off valve. I don't recall noticing it doing this yesterday when I was using it or any times in the past I may have popped it into 0, but maybe that's how the app is designed? From my understanding, Map 0 is the stock map, but the JB4 should still be pulling and presenting data I thought regardless. ?

App Build: 2.4.6 (9432)
Firmware Version: 32/12//2
iPhone X
iOS 14.0

Thanks in advance!
(#2)
Old

Default 09-23-2020, 07:28 AM

Does anyone else's mobile app appear to work this way?
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-23-2020, 11:13 AM

In some JB4 versions map0 cuts off CANbus or goes to passive only CANbus mode.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Question 09-23-2020, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
In some JB4 versions map0 cuts off CANbus or goes to passive only CANbus mode.

Interesting - so sounds like maybe it is working as intentioned then. What JB4 versions do that, do you know? And how is it reading out boost but not RPM, does boost not transmit via CANbus?

Thanks