(#1)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 535i
Default N55 Code 110001 Cylinder Injection Shutdown - 09-11-2020, 01:07 PM

2011 535i N55 roughly 139k miles
******* Down-pipe
Aluminium Chargepipe
E30

Ok, I need help. I have a 2011 535i N55 and I have had my jb4 installed for a little over 3 weeks. I have been trying out a E-30 blend and yesterday morning I received my first Valve-train Malfunction ever. I noticed that when I started the car first thing yesterday morning that the idle was rough and I had a slight hiccup. No codes for mis-fire. The car drove decent, until I started to get on the highway on my way to work. As soon as I started to accelerate the car started stumbling and the valve-train malfunction popped up. I got off on the next exit, pulled over in a parking lot and shut of the car. I let the car go to sleep, then I turned the ignition on and cleared all codes. That's when I pulled the " 110001 cylinder injection shutdown: too low pressure in the high pressure system". I shut the car off again, let the car go back to sleep and then restarted. When I restarted the idle was fine and the car drove like normal.

On lunch yesterday I decided to fill-up with just premium gas and added and Ethanol "Safeguard additive" and I switched from Map 5 to Map 2.
The car drove fine yesterday evening and this morning. On lunch today, I ran to a shop to have my tires re-balanced. When the shop was done, they brought me the car and I hopped in. I noticed the idle was funny again and really rough, so I decided to log. I switched the car to Sport + and log the rest of my trip. Once I started to get on the highway, I got the valve-train malfunction and same code as yesterday. I pulled off the highway and ran through the same procedure as yesterday and the car drove fine after being restarted. Does anyone have any idea on what's going on here. At this point, I've only drove with the JB4 on 1 tank for E-15 and 1 tank for E-30 blends. As you will see from the logs, this issue seems to happen at start-up and is not a result of WOT. Actually, I have been kind of babying the car for the past 2 weeks, since I got pulled over and big speeding ticket.

I don't have a slow start or long crank. Car starts right up. My previous logs from last week and even Tuesday, show pretty strong values for fp_h under WOT and even idle.

Please help!
Attached Files
File Type: csv Sport+ code 110001.csv (116.2 KB, 13 views)

Checkout my YouTube channel, Like and Subscribe. I am trying to grow the channel so I can bring more F10 content.
Coming soon: MHD BEF, M-Sport Front Conversion, New Wheels, 6wb Cluster, fmic, Strut Bar..........

Last edited by Gjohnson7771; 09-11-2020 at 01:22 PM..
(#2)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 535i
Default 09-16-2020, 02:57 PM

Anyone?

I have switched to back to 91 octane and haven't had another issue in the past week. I am wondering if it's possible my E content was too high. Based off of the information I received from the gas station I filled up at, the E85 I used raged from 53 - 81% Ethanol. I assumed the E was 70% like the previous stations I had used before. If I happened to fill up with E that was on this stations higher range of 81%. My calculator shows I would have been running around E35 when I got the 110001 cylinder injection shutdown code. Is it possible this higher content caused my issue?

Checkout my YouTube channel, Like and Subscribe. I am trying to grow the channel so I can bring more F10 content.
Coming soon: MHD BEF, M-Sport Front Conversion, New Wheels, 6wb Cluster, fmic, Strut Bar..........