N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default JB4 BETA for S58 X3M/X4M - 09-01-2019, 05:46 PM

Name:  x3m2.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  236.9 KB

Use subject to terms and conditions posted at http://www.burgertuning.com/terms.html

THIS PART IS LEGAL FOR USE ONLY IN COMPETITION RACING VEHICLES AS DEFINED UNDER CALIFORNIA LAW, AND IS NOT LEGAL FOR USE IN ANY OTHER MOTOR VEHICLE. California law defines a "racing vehicle" as "a competition vehicle not used on public highways." (Calif. Health & Safety Code 39048) This part may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event. Competition-only motor vehicles may not be driven to a racing event on a public highway and must be transported on a trailer or other carrier. USE OF THIS PART IN ANY OTHER VEHICLE MAY SUBJECT YOU TO FINES AND PENALTIES FOR VIOLATION OF FEDERAL AND/OR STATE LAW, WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY FROM BURGER MOTORSPORTS, INC, AND CAN VOID YOUR VEHICLE'S WARRANTY. It is your responsibility to comply with all applicable federal and state laws relating to use of this part, and Burger Motorsports, Inc hereby disclaims any liability resulting from the failure to use this part in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws.

This is the central point of contact for all S58 JB4 BETA related information. Anything from install directions, to firmware updates, to settings, to frequently asked questions. Any and all relevant info is linked in this post. If you come across something missing from here be sure to let us know.

Order the full JB4 system here.

Map changes, datalogging, updates are done using the BMS data cable or the JB4 Mobile bluetooth kit.

JB4 Mobile Smart Phone wireless connection directions Click here
BMS data cable hard wired directions Click here

Map Guide as of v3 firmware:

Map 0: Stock operation, JB4 disabled
Map 1: Default performance map, 3psi peak request over stock
Map 2: 4psi peak request over stock
Map 3: 6psi peak request over stock, suggested for higher octane and E85 mixtures, EWG connections required.
Map 4: 6.5psi peak request over stock, suggested for higher octane and E85 mixtures, EWG connections required.
Map 5: Coming soon
Map 6: User adjustable map. RPM1500 value of less than 5.7psi make entire map6 additive target based, value over 5.7psi make entire map6 absolute target based.
Map 7: water/meth progressive map -- under development
Map 8: Low boost / VALET map

Note to properly delete fault codes the car must be in diagnostic mode first. With your foot off the brake press the ignition button 3 times fast. All lights will appear on dash.

How to attach BlueTooth kit:

How to update firmware:

Download firmware using the new JB4 Mobile firmware database or externally by clicking this link.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old

Car: F06 N55 640i Gran Coupe
Default 09-02-2019, 06:18 AM

👏👏👏

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
FULL CF Add On All around, Gloss/Matt Custom Wrap
JB4 Stack On BM3/MHD ECU tune, Upgraded S2 Turbo
Custom Cold Air, Dual nozzle charge pipe
SSP 900 Clutch kit, Custom Spoiler
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
SS DP n FULL Custom Exhaust
Custom BC forge 18/17 set up
Brembo Gt 380mm F&R/ 355mm F&R
(#3)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 09-06-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Coming soon!
I see it up on burgertuning.com
Are those dragy numbers on 93 octane? Under 11 seconds with JB4 only!?
December can't come soon enough.

2008 Jet Black E92 N54, JB4, FBO, Meth
2011 LeMans Blue E92 N55, JB4, ********
2014 Estroil Blue F30 N55, JB4
2018 Mineral Grey F80 M3 - JB4, *********, BMS Intake
ON DECK: 2020 X3 M Competition
(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 09-06-2019, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinoB
I see it up on burgertuning.com
Are those dragy numbers on 93 octane? Under 11 seconds with JB4 only!?
December can't come soon enough.
It did 10.8@126mph on E40 blend.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Car: 2020 X3MC/2018 Raptor
Default 09-08-2019, 11:19 AM

Will the JB4 be compatible on 91 octane at 4500 above sea level?

I'd be interested to see the power gains on 91 Octane/Map 1.
(#6)
Old

Car: 2013 335i E93
Default Jb4 Installed on New X3M Comp - 11-16-2019, 02:52 PM

Hey guys, I just installed the JB4 Beta in my new X3M Comp.
Headed out to get some E85 now. I'll let you know how it runs.

Garage:

2020 X3M Comp - JB4
2011 X5 50i M-Sport - Dinan Stage 2
2002 M3 6-speed, Euro Cams, RE Exhaust, Intake, Dyno Tuned
2016 i8 - Installed K&N filter. Looking for mods
2015 X1 35i - FBO, Pure S1 Turbo + Meth
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-16-2019, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doberzus
Will the JB4 be compatible on 91 octane at 4500 above sea level?

I'd be interested to see the power gains on 91 Octane/Map 1.
Yes map1 is fine for 91 octane, even at elevation.

Burger Motorsports

(#8)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2021 M550i xDrive
Default 11-16-2019, 05:43 PM

Amazing. 10's with just a tune.

Is there no better place to run the OBD cable though? Looking at the directions, you have it going through the drivers door seal. That seems like it would get pinched. No grommets on the firewall you can use?

Mike Levy
2021 Tanzanite Blue II M550i xDrive
2018 Silver Equinox LT 2.0T
(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-16-2019, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L
Amazing. 10's with just a tune.

Is there no better place to run the OBD cable though? Looking at the directions, you have it going through the drivers door seal. That seems like it would get pinched. No grommets on the firewall you can use?
Steve is the go-to person for that question as did the install.

Burger Motorsports

(#10)
Old

Car: 2013 335i E93
Default 11-20-2019, 04:59 AM

There's a hole in the firewall with a sticker over it. OBD cable passes through with ease.

Garage:

2020 X3M Comp - JB4
2011 X5 50i M-Sport - Dinan Stage 2
2002 M3 6-speed, Euro Cams, RE Exhaust, Intake, Dyno Tuned
2016 i8 - Installed K&N filter. Looking for mods
2015 X1 35i - FBO, Pure S1 Turbo + Meth
(#11)
Old
Anti-Social

Default 11-20-2019, 03:08 PM

Nice. I was just fawning over one at the dealer. Made my choice so much harder for this spring/summer... X3M Comp or M550 LCI? Same price, only $40 a month difference in the lease. 503hp vs 523hp..... Going to have to see what the JB4 does with the M550s new motor.

Mike Levy
(#12)
Old

Car: X5 50i F15
Default 11-20-2019, 08:10 PM

Any Dyno Data ?
(#13)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 12-22-2019, 03:06 PM

Break in service complete...about to order my Xmas gift!

2008 Jet Black E92 N54, JB4, FBO, Meth
2011 LeMans Blue E92 N55, JB4, ********
2014 Estroil Blue F30 N55, JB4
2018 Mineral Grey F80 M3 - JB4, *********, BMS Intake
ON DECK: 2020 X3 M Competition
(#14)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-22-2019, 06:50 PM

Burger Motorsports

(#15)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-27-2020, 05:00 PM

Spent a few hours this am with Steve on the dyno dialing in some firmware changes. Initially on 91 octane then Steve poured in some E85 to get it up to E47. So much tuning potential on these! Can't wait until the S58 finds its way in to the new M3.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#16)
Old
Anti-Social

Default 01-28-2020, 12:05 AM

Looks like these are at least 10% underrated from the factory. Probably more since this was on ****ty 91 octane. 503hp my ass. 550+ is more like it.

Mike Levy
(#17)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 01-28-2020, 09:19 AM

Man 660whp from stock turbos. I can't wait until the new M3/4 are out with the AWD system.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#18)
Old

Default 01-28-2020, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Man 660whp from stock turbos. I can't wait until the new M3/4 are out with the AWD system.
FBO E85, 9 sec car
(#19)
Old
One tire fire

Car: E92 335, 6MT
Default 02-01-2020, 08:54 PM

Wow. This is bananas! May have to get a G80...I can outrun the ugly in it!

'18 Magnetic Gray Raptor
'19 GT3 RS Weissach
'09 997.1 6MT: FBO, 65mm VTGs. 730 whp
'18 Nardo Gray RS3 APR stage 2, 10.72 @ 130
(#20)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-01-2020, 09:43 PM

lol

Burger Motorsports

(#21)
Old

Car: F06 N55 640i Gran Coupe
Default 02-01-2020, 09:48 PM

Canít wait for the new M3/4 to come & start turning up boost to it 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
FULL CF Add On All around, Gloss/Matt Custom Wrap
JB4 Stack On BM3/MHD ECU tune, Upgraded S2 Turbo
Custom Cold Air, Dual nozzle charge pipe
SSP 900 Clutch kit, Custom Spoiler
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
SS DP n FULL Custom Exhaust
Custom BC forge 18/17 set up
Brembo Gt 380mm F&R/ 355mm F&R
(#22)
Old

Car: X3M
Default 02-26-2020, 05:15 AM

When is the next round of S58 updates expected? Anything in the works?
(#23)
Old

Car: 2011 335xi M sport
Default 05-31-2020, 09:13 AM

Are there any dyno #s on 93 octane only?

Also can maps 3 and 4 be used with good quality 93 octane?

2015 Yas Marina Blue M3
(#24)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-31-2020, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetzgerGt1
When is the next round of S58 updates expected? Anything in the works?
We've been working on stuff with people via email since the platform is still so new. Email me logs of how it's running and we can see if any of the changes might benefit your situation.

Burger Motorsports

(#25)
Old

Car: X3M
Default 06-16-2020, 06:31 AM

Installed everything and the car limits power @ 3500 rpms. I emailed support and Ando requested I update firmware and log 3rd gear. I did and problem persists. I am running Map 1 on 93 octane.

Any ideas? Power feels like it's increased over stock until that point. Then it cuts power and bucks like a manual car in the wrong gear.