N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#151)
Old

Car: 2018 Porsche Cayman S
Default 02-12-2020, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmunky
Annnnddd i just bought another dragy
You know what the best part about this is? I bought the Dragy from Burger Motorsports eBay account that is selling the factory refurbished ones for $99

So, as soon as I get another dragy (hey, I might actually use it this time!), I'll be posting up me times on different maps... As i brought 5 gallons of 110 home with me, sitting in the garage! Also, this unicorn gas station is in BFE Tennessee, seriously, a town with a population of like 2000 people... Takes about 45-50 minutes to drive there, but I'm afraid it's the only gas station I'm ever going to go to again

I was so excited, I took a pic of the damn gas pump (mostly because it's really obscure, and you'd never even know it was there unless they showed you, which thankfully the owner did... And he said that's one of his most popular pumps

Last edited by snowmunky; 02-12-2020 at 05:19 AM..
(#152)
Old

Car: X5 50i F15
Default 02-12-2020, 06:30 AM

Quote:
You know what the best part about this is? I bought the Dragy from Burger Motorsports eBay account that is selling the factory refurbished ones for $99

So, as soon as I get another dragy (hey, I might actually use it this time!), I'll be posting up me times on different maps... As i brought 5 gallons of 110 home with me, sitting in the garage! Also, this unicorn gas station is in BFE Tennessee, seriously, a town with a population of like 2000 people... Takes about 45-50 minutes to drive there, but I'm afraid it's the only gas station I'm ever going to go to again

I was so excited, I took a pic of the damn gas pump (mostly because it's really obscure, and you'd never even know it was there unless they showed you, which thankfully the owner did... And he said that's one of his most popular pumps

Make sure that fuel is unleaded.
(#153)
Old

Default 02-12-2020, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfire
Make sure that fuel is unleaded.
It absolutely is. THe owner told me exactly what fuel is in the tank that the pump is connected to... it's Gulf Mach 110 ( https://gulfracingfuels.com/wp-conte..._SpecSheet.pdf ) which is a fully unleaded, non-oxygenated fuel.

Same gas station also sells "E10" 87 octane.... and 0% ethanol 87, 91, and 93 octane fuels as well (it's a "Gulf" gas station). It is, literally, the only gas station I have ever seen that sells 93 octane with NO ETHANOL AND carries 110 octane UNLEADED!!! Like I said, only thing that sucks is that it's about ~50 miles away. Well, that and the 110 octane fuel is $9/gallon (which is actually still relatively cheap if you compare that to buying a barrel of Sunoco GT260 or GT260+, both of which are lower octane, and cost $10+/gallon when bought online in 5-gallon drums).

Last edited by snowmunky; 02-12-2020 at 07:08 AM..
(#154)
Old

Car: X5 50i F15
Default 02-12-2020, 08:28 AM

Excellent !
(#155)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 02-12-2020, 10:08 AM

Awesome!! Can't wait to see the delta between stock and some map 4 racegas runs!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#156)
Old

Default 02-12-2020, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Awesome!! Can't wait to see the delta between stock and some map 4 racegas runs!
I bought another dragy, so as soon as I get it, I'm going to do some comparison runs...

Most of them will likely be 60-130 (100-200km/h) runs....

I want to do one on map 0 with racegas, one on map 3 with racegas, one on map 4 with racegas.....

And then once the tanks empty, refill it with my normal gas stations 10% ethanol 93 octane with 2.5 gallons E85 (that tested at 73%ethanol with my BMS testing kit)... And the do all of the same runs (map0, 3,and 4) and compare /contrast the differences....

I kind of already know how this is going to turn out because with this 110 in the tank, this car is an absolute BEAST... And I still need to get my exhaust installed and get it on my buddy's dyno! So much to do, so little time.... Why do I have to work? I wish I could just play with my car all day
(#157)
Old

Default 02-13-2020, 04:44 PM

Terry,

I just finished flashing the v5 firmware, should I set options bit 7 back to 0/off?
(#158)
Old

Default 02-13-2020, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Terry,

I just finished flashing the v5 firmware, should I set options bit 7 back to 0/off?
Answered my own question.... Car was still "surging" on v5 firmware at part throttle (see logs from timemarker ~315-340ish). Ended up setting bit 7 back on and it went away immediately.

Also, check out these logs on map 4 and map 5 (towards the very end of the logs i switched to map 5 and made one 4th gear pull) !! I think map 5 might be my new favorite! and, I noticed that I'm not maxing out the fuel trims... Even on map 5!!!
Attached Files
File Type: csv JB4 Mobile Logs-v5firmware-racegas-map4-map5.csv (81.9 KB, 53 views)
(#159)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 02-14-2020, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Answered my own question.... Car was still "surging" on v5 firmware at part throttle (see logs from timemarker ~315-340ish). Ended up setting bit 7 back on and it went away immediately.

Also, check out these logs on map 4 and map 5 (towards the very end of the logs i switched to map 5 and made one 4th gear pull) !! I think map 5 might be my new favorite! and, I noticed that I'm not maxing out the fuel trims... Even on map 5!!!
Definitely looks really good! Glad you're having fun man
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#160)
Old

Default 02-19-2020, 09:54 PM

Some quick logs from tonight on map 5 on v5 firmware. Also finally got my dragy and ran a 10.83s 60-130mph (100-200km/h)....which was 2 seconds faster than a 2019 stock PDK GTS!
Attached Files
File Type: csv JB4 Mobile Logs-racegas-map5-v5firmware.csv (46.2 KB, 53 views)
(#161)
Old

Default 02-22-2020, 06:17 PM

Some new logs after having the Fabspeed Supercup turbo back exhaust system installed on Thursday!

Car sounds and behaves like an absolute animal with a little 110 in the tank and the JB4 on map 5...was seeing boost over 20psi with 20*timing advance!!
(#162)
Old

Default 02-22-2020, 06:20 PM

Also JB4 showed a 4.473 0-60 on that last log (EXTREMELY traction limited, had TCS/PSM completely disabled - hold TCS button for ~7-8 seconds)
(#163)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-23-2020, 06:55 PM

Looks good! Grab a dragy off our site for super accurate performance metrics based on high speed GPS.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

(#164)
Old

Default 02-24-2020, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Looks good! Grab a dragy off our site for super accurate performance metrics based on high speed GPS.
Already have one! I bought it from BMS eBay account (one of the $99 factory refurbished ones)

I managed a 10.83second 60-130mph (100-200kp/h) BEFORE the Fabspeed exhaust install... and that was starting in 3rd gear and having to shift twice (into 4th and 5th to hit 130mph... but I think I can hit 130 in 4th, just might bounce off the rev limiter once or twice ).... and looking at the leaderboards for February, my 10.83s run was faster than a 2019 PDK Cayman GTS (stock) and a BUNCH of 2011-2014 911 Turbo S'

Unfortunately, it's been rainy and wet (and relatively cold for this area) for the last few weeks, so I haven't had many good days to get out and try to get some numbers (1/4 mile, 0-60, etc. with the Dragy device).
(#165)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-24-2020, 09:32 AM

Ah got it, nice. Safety first when doing runs!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

(#166)
Old

Default 03-02-2020, 07:01 AM

Well, managed to pull a 9.84 60-130 via Dragy... 3 full seconds faster than a stock 2019 PDK GTS...and that's with the Fabspeed Supercup turbo back exhaust, BMC air filter, and the JB4 tuner as my only mods
(#167)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-02-2020, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Well, managed to pull a 9.84 60-130 via Dragy... 3 full seconds faster than a stock 2019 PDK GTS...and that's with the Fabspeed Supercup turbo back exhaust, BMC air filter, and the JB4 tuner as my only mods
Man, we gotta get you on a dynojet LOL

Burger Motorsports

(#168)
Old

Car: 335i Coupe
Default 03-27-2020, 11:33 AM

Lots of time on my hands today. Thought i would install the JB4.
Is the link to the 718 instructions dead?
Pdf wont load.
(#169)
Old

Default 03-27-2020, 03:05 PM

ok, so I found some instructions.
Got it installed. Went for a drive.
Strange things happening. Blippy throttle gauge and high oil pressure.
Any ideas?
(#170)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-30-2020, 11:39 AM

Got any logs?

Burger Motorsports

(#171)
Old

Default 03-30-2020, 06:09 PM

no logs.
Something serious happened.
The car wasn't driveable. I came home and removed the JB4.
Everything back to stock and then a check engine light came on...
Great.
I scanned the car and I now have two codes P0236 and U060B.
Thinking some pins were damaged or ive juiced something.
Not impressed.
(#172)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 03-31-2020, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335imofo
no logs.
Something serious happened.
The car wasn't driveable. I came home and removed the JB4.
Everything back to stock and then a check engine light came on...
Great.
I scanned the car and I now have two codes P0236 and U060B.
Thinking some pins were damaged or ive juiced something.
Not impressed.
Sounds like the OBD2 connection wasn't properly connected.

Did you contact support with photos of install?

Burger Motorsports

(#173)
Old

Default 03-31-2020, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Sounds like the OBD2 connection wasn't properly connected.

Did you contact support with photos of install?
I took.everything apart again this morning. I noticed one plug was slightly loose. Hoping this was the issue.
Im going to try installing again and leaving the cover off till I figure this out.
Wish me luck!
(#174)
Old

Default 04-01-2020, 09:22 AM

Still acting weird.
log attached.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200401_1142_runs(2).csv (44.3 KB, 46 views)
(#175)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-01-2020, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335imofo
Still acting weird.
log attached.
When is it acting weird exactly?

Can you get a log of that?

The log I see here looks great from what I see. Everything is where it should be and you're making 4 psi more than stock, so it should be faster as well.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports