N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#126)
Old

Car: 2018 Porsche Cayman S
Default 02-06-2020, 12:18 PM

Alright, here it is... The car was surging in 5th gear very early on in the log as well as towards the end, while on the highway, it did it again
Attached Files
File Type: csv JB4 Mobile Logs-surging-part-throttle.csv (122.7 KB, 49 views)
(#127)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 02-06-2020, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmunky
I actually got a log of the car "surging" in the 5th gear just now.... I'll post it up as soon as I get back
I think I see it in the log, but I'm not too sure. I'll see what Terry says.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#128)
Old

Default 02-06-2020, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
I think I see it in the log, but I'm not too sure. I'll see what Terry says.
Awesome, you guys rock! I knew if I could just get a log of the car doing it, you'd be able to figure it out

What are your preliminary thoughts on what it could be or what could be causing it?
(#129)
Old

Default 02-06-2020, 06:44 PM

Here's another log file from driving home from work... I felt the car "surging" at least 3-4 times (always between 20-50% PEDAL input)...

Let me know what you guys think /figure out!
Attached Files
File Type: csv JB4 Mobile Logs-surging.csv (150.7 KB, 50 views)
(#130)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-07-2020, 05:52 PM

Don't see much here, if you want to capture low throttle stuff you'd need to start logging manually. Auto logging only captures heavy throttle usually.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#131)
Old

Default 02-07-2020, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Don't see much here, if you want to capture low throttle stuff you'd need to start logging manually. Auto logging only captures heavy throttle usually.
I was manually logging, please review both logs i posted
(#132)
Old

Default 02-08-2020, 08:23 AM

This is it! This is exactly when I feel the car "surging".... And from what I can tell, it seems to be related to when the jb4 picks up a signal from the low fuel pressure pump....
Attached Images

(#133)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-08-2020, 12:03 PM

FP_L isn't connected to anything so won't be relevant.

If you felt it in this area I do see boost is "over target" triggering throttle trimming. Does this car have a BCM connected or just the TMAP connectors? Assuming not set options bit7 on for a more "linear" gas pedal mapping you might prefer.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#134)
Old

Default 02-08-2020, 02:27 PM

Quote:

If you felt it in this area I do see boost is "over target" triggering throttle trimming. Does this car have a BCM connected or just the TMAP connectors? Assuming not set options bit7 on for a more "linear" gas pedal mapping you might prefer.
Yes, i definitely felt it in that area, I can tell now by looking through all the logs. This kit only has the two TMAP connectors and Obd2 connection. And no options are turned on, they're all set at default. Are you saying if I turn option bit 7 on that it may correct the issue while also providing a more linear boost to throttle response?

Thank you for your input!
(#135)
Old

Default 02-08-2020, 06:53 PM

Quote:

That fixed it. I enabled option 7 on the v4 firmware and disabled the TMAP setting... Car is running smoother than it ever has
(#136)
Old

Default 02-09-2020, 06:39 AM

So, yea, drove the car more last night, and once again, after turning on options bit 7 and setting the TMAP setting to 0 (as it was in previous firmwares), the car runs absolutely brilliantly! The part throttle cruising is smoother than it's ever been, and the boost is so well controlled by the pedal input now, I can actually drive the car how I want to now!! Thanks again for you guys continued support and assistance!

Timing doesn't go under 10* when I start giving it some throttle anymore, it typically drops to around 13-14* advance and builds up to 20-22* in the higher RPM ranges. Boost control is phenomenal! Give it 25%pedal and it will just spoil up to 4-5 psi and hold.... Give it 50%pedal and it'll spoil up to 10-13psi and hold.... Give it anything more than 60-70% pedal, and, you might as well be WOT at that point, so boost will spool all the way up to 16-18psi over 60-70%pedal input. It is absolutely perfect!!

Also helps that I absolutely demolished a C7 Vette last night (almost certain it was NOT a Z07 or ZL1, obviously) on the highway! ��

Last edited by snowmunky; 02-09-2020 at 06:47 AM..
(#137)
Old

Default 02-09-2020, 06:53 AM

I honestly think the boost mapping is a bit too aggressive with the v4 firmware... You might want to advise customers on this platform to enable options bit 7 of they update to v4 firmware.

What, exactly, does the TMAP setting do? Previously it was labeled "N2O Map?" so I'm assuming it's attempting to "mimic" a nitrous map because the boost would spool so much, at minimal pedal input levels, and at such low RPM?

Should I re-enable the TMAP setting to 1 or leave it at 0?
(#138)
Old

Default 02-09-2020, 02:01 PM

And now I just found a gas station with 110 octane, unleaded, at the pump... With no ethanol 93octane...oh lord....

Let's see what the car can REALLY do now that there's 6 gallons 110 and 5 galllons 93 (no ethanol at all)... Logs coming soon!
(#139)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 02-10-2020, 10:23 AM

Quote:
And now I just found a gas station with 110 octane, unleaded, at the pump... With no ethanol 93octane...oh lord....

Let's see what the car can REALLY do now that there's 6 gallons 110 and 5 galllons 93 (no ethanol at all)... Logs coming soon!
I love all your posts man!

Keep all the data coming. Hopefully you can get some videos too

Burger Motorsports

(#140)
Old

Default 02-10-2020, 05:19 PM

Quote:
I love all your posts man!

Keep all the data coming. Hopefully you can get some videos too
Two MASSIVE log dumps coming tonight.

With 6 gallons 110 and 5.7gallons 93(no ethanol), the car will run map 3 without even getting close to maxing out fuel trims....

I won't say anymore... Just wait till you see these logs!! This car is A MONSTER
(#141)
Old

Default 02-10-2020, 05:29 PM

Sneak peek from yesterday when I got the race gas...

Mix of map 3 and 4
Attached Files
File Type: csv JB4 Mobile Logs-racegas.csv (134.5 KB, 41 views)
(#142)
Old

Default 02-10-2020, 07:04 PM

Quick log from tonight... On map 3...
Attached Files
File Type: csv JB4 Mobile Logs-racegas-map3.csv (25.8 KB, 39 views)
(#143)
Old

Default 02-10-2020, 08:25 PM

Full log from tonight... First part of the log is on map 3,second part is on map 4

Let me know what ya think!
Attached Files
File Type: csv JB4 Mobile Logs-racegas-map4.csv (121.4 KB, 45 views)
(#144)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 02-11-2020, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Full log from tonight... First part of the log is on map 3,second part is on map 4

Let me know what ya think!
Looks pretty strong. How does the car feel lol!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#145)
Old

Default 02-11-2020, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Looks pretty strong. How does the car feel lol!
It feels absolutely insane!!

1st and 2nd gear are pretty much worthless, and it spins the tires going into 3rd on map 4...

I'll try to get some videos today.... But man, I thought a couple gallons of E85 made a difference, HA... Not even close to REAL 110 octane race gas car is an absolute beast. Took down a modded C5 Z06 yesterday if that tells you anything, lol
(#146)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 02-11-2020, 11:30 AM

Quote:
It feels absolutely insane!!

1st and 2nd gear are pretty much worthless, and it spins the tires going into 3rd on map 4...

I'll try to get some videos today.... But man, I thought a couple gallons of E85 made a difference, HA... Not even close to REAL 110 octane race gas car is an absolute beast. Took down a modded C5 Z06 yesterday if that tells you anything, lol
You have a dragy? You gotta get some 60-130 times or 1/4 mile numbers.

Burger Motorsports

(#147)
Old

Default 02-11-2020, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Not anymore, I sold it cuz I never used it.... But I'm really wishing I hadn't right about now, lol
(#148)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-11-2020, 12:49 PM

Added v5 firmware to the first post with slightly lower boost targets on all maps. A bug caused them all to get inflated by around 30% in V4.

Burger Motorsports

(#149)
Old

Default 02-11-2020, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Annnnddd i just bought another dragy
(#150)
Old

Default 02-11-2020, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Added v5 firmware to the first post with slightly lower boost targets on all maps. A bug caused them all to get inflated by around 30% in V4.
Fantastic! Thank you for all your hard work, it certainly does not go unnoticed! Much appreciated!