N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-14-2019, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipe99999
I saw that. The plastic is so thin will that hold tightly? It doesn't seem like there will be much to thread into.
Yup! There is a thicker part on the bottom just for that, it will have enough to thread. Just make sure you use Teflon on all NPT parts. I have it in my 335i for about 6 years like that, no leaks

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#52)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT
Default 05-17-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
No.

Lower values make IAT higher and higher values make IAT lower. If it's set wrong you'll have tuning problems so best to just follow whatever we suggest for it unless you're experienced at reading your logs and making your own tuning changes.[/QUOTE]

Thank You Terry!

So to enable the IAT wire just put a value of 30 on Cylinder 6?

If I put the value to 0 then it deactivates? Also do I leave the value in there when I am daily driving and using Map 2? Or do I only put the value when I am using WMI at the track?

What do I have to look at the log to know if I have to lower or increase the value?
(#53)
Old

Default 05-17-2019, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
I posted a link, here it is again

Buy the Century Drill Tool 93201 1/8-27npt 21/64in. Combo | Hardware World

Use that to drill, then tap. Then you install the 1/8NPT to 1/4 compression fitting we provided.
Do you have some pictures of the 1 gallon tank with the fitting installed?

When we tap the 1 gallon, are we taping for 1/8 NPT thread? How come you don't sell the tanks already threaded?
(#54)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-17-2019, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImStung2
Do you have some pictures of the 1 gallon tank with the fitting installed?

When we tap the 1 gallon, are we taping for 1/8 NPT thread? How come you don't sell the tanks already threaded?
Correct, 1/8 NPT. You can use the link for reference on sizing for the drill bit if you already have some!

We don't thread them in because it's a universal tank. Some people choose to do different things with them, either out the side, using different size fittings etc.
It's a cheap modular tank for that reason.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#55)
Old

Default 05-18-2019, 07:12 AM

Do the black elbow push fitting just get pushed into the fuel pump? Mine are not going all the way in? Do those need a clip or something?
(#56)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-18-2019, 10:33 AM

They just slide in to the internal gray locking clips. To remove push the gray clip in and gently tub the elbow or line out.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

(#57)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger Gt1
Default WMI Install - 06-21-2019, 08:51 PM

Hey guys, so I tried to install the meth kit today but I just couldn't figure it out, while staring at the instructions I still had a very difficult time. I couldn't get past trying to slide the red and WMI line through the grommet in the passenger side.

Before I get doodoo for this let me explain so maybe someone can help me

My JB4 set up is a bit different. My JB4 unit sits on my driver side, doesn't sit on the passenger side like many others. I dont know if that will make an issue but from what I heard its easier to feed the wires through on the driver side instead.

Any clarifications or in other words...

Can someone give me a dumbie version of the install of this kit? I am going to try again in the morning.

Cheers

- Mike
(#58)
Old

Car: 2019 STINGER
Default 07-21-2019, 05:22 PM

hey terry how does this look? bit of a "continuous" rip up an on ramp. just got the meth in
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-07-21 19_42_45_Gear-0_Map-8.csv (13.3 KB, 102 views)
(#59)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 08-09-2019, 11:09 PM

Terry,

Does the IAT hookup come with the WMI kit or does it need to be purchased separately?

V/r
Richard
(#60)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-10-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54ford
Terry,

Does the IAT hookup come with the WMI kit or does it need to be purchased separately?

V/r
Richard
It's unrelated to WMI and generally not needed. If you want to add it then purchase another fuel wire kit. It's 1/2 of a fuel wire kit.

Burger Motorsports

(#61)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-10-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stock_stinger
hey terry how does this look? bit of a "continuous" rip up an on ramp. just got the meth in
Fine but it's a short part throttle log, so not much to see there.

Burger Motorsports

(#62)
Old

Car: Cobalt SS/TC 502whp
Default 08-31-2019, 04:55 PM

Seems the WMI pump is running continuously. Everything else is working fine, purges, runs smoothly, etc. I never actually checked it until now, but is this doesn't seem normal? Even on maps other than 8.
(#63)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-31-2019, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgascho
Seems the WMI pump is running continuously. Everything else is working fine, purges, runs smoothly, etc. I never actually checked it until now, but is this doesn't seem normal? Even on maps other than 8.
It shouldn't be. Pull the pump ground or fuse. I presume it wasn't injecting fluid all the time??

Burger Motorsports

(#64)
Old

Default 08-31-2019, 06:29 PM

Correct, wasn't spraying, but pump was running. Pretty certain i would've heard the pump running, so assuming it just started doing it today. It's been installed for months.

I unhooked it until i get a chance to check it out. On map 2 for now.
(#65)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-31-2019, 07:51 PM

Send in a photo of the fsb and we can check for shorts or water damage.

Burger Motorsports

(#66)
Old

Default 09-01-2019, 01:27 PM

Visually checked all connections, redid any that looked loose. Checked all grounds, checked the fused red wire, etc. Opened up both the JB4 and FSB and no sign of water ever being near it, completely dry after just going through a carwash.
Attached Images

(#67)
Old

Default 09-01-2019, 01:29 PM

On that note, can you remind me (or send the pic that came in the install instructions) which fuse slot you use for switched power? I don't have a multimeter with me or the instructions (not at home) to confirm, and want to make sure I put the wiring back together correctly.
(#68)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-01-2019, 02:12 PM

You need a meter to confirm the spot, but the install guide is on our site and in a thread here. The LED should be blinking on the FSB when the power is on.

Photo of FSB ground?

Burger Motorsports

(#69)
Old

Default 09-01-2019, 05:04 PM

Got a multimeter, everything is hooked up correctly. Ground is solid, but took it off and recrimped/redid it with no change. Pump runs constantly, so leaving unhooked for now.
Attached Images

(#70)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-01-2019, 05:59 PM

That's a bad ground spot. Running it there may have fried the FSB. Definitely move the ground and we can evaluate if FSB has to be replaced.

Burger Motorsports

(#71)
Old

Default 09-02-2019, 08:09 AM

I tested the resistance between that point and a factory ground when installing and again last night when messing with it, so I figured it was ok. I will find a different location to ground it and go from there.
(#72)
Old

Default 09-02-2019, 12:24 PM

It looks I'm using the ground location that's shown in the install instructions? Purge and everything else as far as control of the system seems to be working, just pump always on. Leaving unhooked to not burn up the motor for now.
(#73)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-03-2019, 10:02 AM

Quote:
It looks I'm using the ground location that's shown in the install instructions? Purge and everything else as far as control of the system seems to be working, just pump always on. Leaving unhooked to not burn up the motor for now.
We can send another FSB and warranty that if it's still persists.

PS, you need to make a thread for that Cobalt SS/TC.
I had one too back in 2011. 415whp with one of the first ZFR 6758

Fastgti69 was my SN on Cobaltss.net

Burger Motorsports

(#74)
Old

Default 09-03-2019, 10:11 AM

If it's something I screwed up by not following instructions, I can pay for it, but can't find anything wrong. Hopefully it's as simple as a new fsb.

Hey! good to see another previous cobalt owner (I had a sedan, even back then). I originally had the s256et on there, and then went s257sx-e when it went out. Never dynode the final setup (TOB soon went out), but copied a fellow member's build who put down 505 whp. Miss the manual transmission sometimes, but love the AWD now.
(#75)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-03-2019, 11:39 AM

Quote:
If it's something I screwed up by not following instructions, I can pay for it, but can't find anything wrong. Hopefully it's as simple as a new fsb.

Hey! good to see another previous cobalt owner (I had a sedan, even back then). I originally had the s256et on there, and then went s257sx-e when it went out. Never dynode the final setup (TOB soon went out), but copied a fellow member's build who put down 505 whp. Miss the manual transmission sometimes, but love the AWD now.
Does it flow when you pull the orange wire? No worries, we can figure it out and get to the bottom of it.

Sedans were super rare! The s256 kits would always make more power. TOB problems are the worst, super annoying. Surprised you didn't blow a trans before that happening lol. AWD much better than FWD lol.

Burger Motorsports