N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-06-2019, 01:35 PM

Found a bug in the firmware causing a false alarm IAT/boost sensor fault. Will add new firmware to the first post shortly that corrects it for anyone getting it.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#27)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-23-2019, 03:00 PM

JB4_ALFA_2:

1) Enabled CANbus engine allow the JB4 to now access the full suite of engine data including engine speed, ignition advance, air/fuel ratio, fuel trims, throttle & pedal position, engine temperatures, fuel pressure, and more. Requires OBDII cable to be attached to JB4. See install video below.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#28)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 02-23-2019, 11:06 PM

Awesome work Terry!!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#29)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-24-2019, 10:20 AM

A couple Alfa logs stock and JB4 map2.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#30)
Old

Car: Alfa Romeo Guilia
Default 03-07-2019, 01:38 PM

Any Dyno numbers yet?
(#31)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-07-2019, 04:26 PM

No dyno numbers yet.

Burger Motorsports

(#32)
Old

Car: 535
Default Giulia 2.0 - 03-13-2019, 01:58 PM

Attached some logs from last night.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-12 18_07_52 Map-2.csv (20.1 KB, 133 views)
File Type: csv 2019-03-12 18_08_32 Map-2.csv (11.0 KB, 100 views)
File Type: csv 2019-03-12 18_11_40 Map-2.csv (13.5 KB, 117 views)
File Type: csv 2019-03-12 18_12_26 Map-2.csv (10.3 KB, 127 views)
(#33)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-13-2019, 06:14 PM

Thanks! Keep those logs rolling. Specially from different climates and fuels.

Burger Motorsports

(#34)
Old

Default 03-14-2019, 06:59 AM

You got it! That was on standard, 'Bama 93 pump gas. RTR!
(#35)
Old

Default 03-17-2019, 10:14 AM

Air temp, 58f. Half tank of 93... Best 0-60 was a 4.8. I was traction limited on most of these logs when either getting to the top of first, or shifting to second. Also had slip issues in first when the boost really came on... for science...
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-17 11_50_31 Map-2.csv (7.7 KB, 132 views)
File Type: csv 2019-03-17 11_51_49 Map-2.csv (8.6 KB, 117 views)
File Type: csv 2019-03-17 11_52_53 Map-2.csv (9.3 KB, 108 views)
File Type: csv 2019-03-17 11_54_24 Map-2.csv (8.1 KB, 118 views)
File Type: csv 2019-03-17 11_55_01 Map-2.csv (7.1 KB, 117 views)
File Type: csv 2019-03-17 11_55_55 Map-2.csv (8.3 KB, 102 views)
File Type: csv 2019-03-17 11_56_49 Map-2.csv (7.0 KB, 114 views)
(#36)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-17-2019, 11:08 AM

Set 1st gear to 3psi to reduce boost down low by 3psi and see if that helps the launch!

Burger Motorsports

(#37)
Old

Default 03-17-2019, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Set 1st gear to 3psi to reduce boost down low by 3psi and see if that helps the launch!
Ok. Let me do some research on that one...
(#38)
Old

Car: Alfa Romeo Giulia
Default 03-17-2019, 05:42 PM

1st photo is from a dead stop and second is from a 30 roll
(#39)
Old

Default Jb4 Giulia - 03-18-2019, 07:34 AM

Hi Iím wanting to get the JB4 for my car and I was wondering if the software is finilized or are you still beta testing it. Also is the only parameter being affected by the jb4 the boost pressure? How about fuel and timing? If I remove it will the dealer see any trace when I take it in for service since it connects to the obd2
(#40)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-18-2019, 09:12 AM

Boost, timing, and fueling are manipulated, and you can confirm everything is healthy by running your own data logs.

The hardware itself is finalized but we will be doing regular software updates to add more power and features as continued development dictates.

Burger Motorsports

(#41)
Old

Default 03-18-2019, 01:52 PM

40-90...
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-18 15_08_39 Map-2.csv (7.8 KB, 118 views)
(#42)
Old

Default 03-18-2019, 02:00 PM

Ok sounds good, did you run any dyno pulls yet to see the difference in hp and trq. And how about when I bring the car in for service?
(#43)
Old

Car: Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.0 Q4
Default 03-18-2019, 03:26 PM

I've been inspired to try a 0-60 run in my Q4 on Map 2.... I did cheat a bit because it's cold out

4.625 sec according to the app
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-17 11_56_49 Map-2.csv (7.0 KB, 120 views)
(#44)
Old

Default 03-18-2019, 03:31 PM

Nice job, man! Traction has its benefits...
(#45)
Old

Car: Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.0 Q4
Default 03-18-2019, 03:59 PM

Coming from RWD manual transmission cars - that run felt like cheating
(#46)
Old

Default 03-18-2019, 04:33 PM

Nah... You're just evolving...
(#47)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-18-2019, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha
I've been inspired to try a 0-60 run in my Q4 on Map 2.... I did cheat a bit because it's cold out

4.625 sec according to the app
Looks good to me!

Burger Motorsports

(#48)
Old

Car: 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport
Default 03-20-2019, 08:55 PM

Hey just finished installing my jb4 a couple hours ago. I was kinda upset at first because i thought i ordered the wireless mobile kit but instead just the basic wire but itís all good now, just ordered the mobile kit and the ride just in map 1 is a lot of fun. One issue (or maybe good thing) i ran into and the main purpose of this post is that upon first start up i got a light telling me that start stop is unavailable and it has not gone away since. Any idea what might be causing this? I personally never use this function anyway but the light on the dash is a bit annoying. Thanks!
(#49)
Old

Default 03-21-2019, 01:45 PM

What firmware do you have?
(#50)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 03-21-2019, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by termOTB
Hey just finished installing my jb4 a couple hours ago. I was kinda upset at first because i thought i ordered the wireless mobile kit but instead just the basic wire but itís all good now, just ordered the mobile kit and the ride just in map 1 is a lot of fun. One issue (or maybe good thing) i ran into and the main purpose of this post is that upon first start up i got a light telling me that start stop is unavailable and it has not gone away since. Any idea what might be causing this? I personally never use this function anyway but the light on the dash is a bit annoying. Thanks!
Got any logs so we can take a look at firmware or anything unusual?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!