N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#276)
Old

Car: 15' 320i ZSP
Default 05-29-2020, 07:29 AM

Why won't you get the Bluetooth (JB Connect) kit?
Its great and very easy to install/connect.

The 'cold' air intakes will not reduce your IAT, probably the opposite.
I use the SprintFilter drop in. BMC, AFE and KN also make one.
(#277)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-29-2020, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G&G Classics
Another Map 2 log from tonight. Pulled hard all the way through.

Then on the way back (after hard driving ie HEAT) the problem came back. Wasn't able to log...

Maybe need a new cold-air intake filter kit? Any drop-in upgrades for stock airbox?

Anyone know how to get the JB4 iPhone app to work with OTG to lightning cable? Been logging with my Surface Pro kind of a pain...
Interesting so must be heat related on yours.. On the OTG should work, you can contact JB4 mobile for support on that if needed!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#278)
Old

Car: '19 Alfa Giulia Sport RWD
Default 05-29-2020, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Interesting so must be heat related on yours.. On the OTG should work, you can contact JB4 mobile for support on that if needed!
Miami is brutal during the summers... intercooler upgrade I guess is my only real solution.
(#279)
Old

Default 05-29-2020, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4U
Why won't you get the Bluetooth (JB Connect) kit?
Its great and very easy to install/connect.

The 'cold' air intakes will not reduce your IAT, probably the opposite.
I use the SprintFilter drop in. BMC, AFE and KN also make one.
I will look into those drop-in upgrades... Thank you.

I don't want to have to take apart my JB4 again and f***something up
(#280)
Old

Car: 15' 320i ZSP
Default 05-29-2020, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G&G Classics
I will look into those drop-in upgrades... Thank you.

I don't want to have to take apart my JB4 again and f***something up
Its an easy 10 min job, can be done without disconnecting.
I'm In Aventura so same heat, no issues with multiple consecutive 0-100 mph runs. Obviously it feels better when the ambient temp is cooler.
(#281)
Old

Default 05-29-2020, 03:17 PM

@terry@BMS uploaded the link for me to download the new firmware. Just updated my JB4 and so far all is good

I'll try to get another log in tonight...
(#282)
Old

Car: Alfa Romeo Giulia
Default Hello! - 06-10-2020, 04:59 PM

Hello people! Here is the latest log I have from running the V5 and the JB4app Beta..... I'm running on Map 1 testing it and then Map 2, I talked to Terry about some rattling noise my car makes on Map 1 & 2 and I think it's from the waste-gate actuator, and it only happens as I can recall when the day is HOT... The rattles begins around 2k rpm and goes until WOT, when the day is HOT...

This log was about 1 hour ago and it's not that hot here. Do you have any idea if what I can hear is the waste gate actuator or have any idea what it could be? I don't have an audio for that, but happens when running MAP 1 & 2, when running Map 0 it doesn't present the condition.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P29_M1_R1_200610_191623.csv (11.0 KB, 45 views)
(#283)
Old

Default 06-18-2020, 04:17 AM

Terry can we get the gauge for post intercooler air temps instead of pre intercooler? According to this post it appears to be pid 77, 0

Add Virtual Gauges | Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum

Thanks

Mike
(#284)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-18-2020, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhvrdr
Terry can we get the gauge for post intercooler air temps instead of pre intercooler? According to this post it appears to be pid 77, 0

Add Virtual Gauges | Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum

Thanks

Mike
Sure but I don't have a car handy right now so will be difficult to test. Drop me an email and I can add it to firmware and you can see if it works!

Note according to the notes I think that is intercooler water temp, not charge air temp. But we can still try it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#285)
Old

Car: 2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Carbon
Default RDNA/E85 Questions - 06-23-2020, 09:13 AM

Hey guys, new to the forumn here but have been reading for some time. Have a few questions regarding JB4 tuning. I currently have the RDNA Type 3 conversion, and I was wondering if the JB4 tuning will play well with this as far as still providing the benefits of the maps in race mode? I know the general consensus is that the ECU is in "N" mode on the Giulia 2.0 when in "R" and wanted to know if this meant I would be reverted back to stock tune when switching into race on my car. Also, when running Map 2 on the JB4 is anything between 93 pump and an E30 blend acceptable? Has anyone ran pump E85?

2019 Giulia Ti Sport Carbon
-Cone filter and shield
-Custom quad tip straightpipe muffler/resonator delete
-RDNA Type 3 Conversion

2019 Giulia Nero Edizione
-Stock for now
(#286)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-23-2020, 09:16 AM

The JB4 reads it's gear/speed data from the ECU so whatever changes you made won't affect the JB4 tuning.

You can't run more than 30% E85 currently, but yes 93-E30 can be used on map1 or map2.

Burger Motorsports

(#287)
Old

Default 06-23-2020, 09:39 AM

Quote:
The JB4 reads it's gear/speed data from the ECU so whatever changes you made won't affect the JB4 tuning.

You can't run more than 30% E85 currently, but yes 93-E30 can be used on map1 or map2.
Awesome, that will be perfect then. Is there any benefit proven from E30 over straight 93? Have people seen or quantified gains or is it more of a timing safeguard at the increased boost levels?

-Cone filter and shield
-RDNA Type 3 Conversion

-Stock for now
(#288)
Old

Default 06-24-2020, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinTiSportCarbon
Awesome, that will be perfect then. Is there any benefit proven from E30 over straight 93? Have people seen or quantified gains or is it more of a timing safeguard at the increased boost levels?

I don't see any timing retard at all on 93 octane on this car so saw no benefit from e30. If you have good quality 93 youre probably great. If California 91 octane you may want to log to see if it will help. Jb4 logging is awesome for that
(#289)
Old

Default 06-24-2020, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhvrdr
I don't see any timing retard at all on 93 octane on this car so saw no benefit from e30. If you have good quality 93 youre probably great. If California 91 octane you may want to log to see if it will help. Jb4 logging is awesome for that

Awesome, we definitely have good 93 here in TX in my experience.

-Cone filter and shield
-RDNA Type 3 Conversion

-Stock for now
(#290)
Old

Default 06-24-2020, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinTiSportCarbon
Awesome, we definitely have good 93 here in TX in my experience.

Perfect. Dont forget to get a dragy and get some before and after acceleration runs. Its fun seeing the improvement

Mike
(#291)
Old

Car: Giulia Ti
Default 07-12-2020, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Photo of JB4 box placed on driver side. Fits nicely here.
Hi Terry I just bought the unit for my TI and had a couple questions and will post runs later.

I have my positioned similar to yours here and have it zip tied to the metal line to the left of the coolant tank but also resting on the frame below. What do you have yours zipped to in the picture?

The unit seems to get quite hot pretty quick but I'm not sure whether it's picking up heatsoak from that line or if it's just ambient engine air heating up the metal case. Is it somewhat heat resistant so the board will not get damaged? I was thinking of repositioning next to the airbox like in the install guide but didn't know if it was necessary.

Do I need to shut off the engine or be at idle to switch maps?

Thanks for the help
(#292)
Old

Car: Alfa Romeo Guilia
Default 07-12-2020, 05:08 PM

Terry, Im continuing to have issues here. Im on the previous version of Beta 5 ( I forget the name) . Map 2 and a custom map 6 someone posted earlier. Im getting 0299 errors all day. I have posted screenshots and theres no less than 20 errors within a 45 minute drive and one other one you can see. Logs are also attached. Id like to get to the bottom of this because this is unusable as is for me.

Edit: The logs seem to be large to post here.
(#293)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-12-2020, 08:45 PM

P0299 is an under boost fault, it means your boost is too low. Assuming there are no obvious hardware issues like a boost leak or loose wastegate, lower the JB4 target as needed via map6 until you are not throwing the fault.

Burger Motorsports

(#294)
Old

Default 07-13-2020, 07:18 AM

Quote:
P0299 is an under boost fault, it means your boost is too low. Assuming there are no obvious hardware issues like a boost leak or loose wastegate, lower the JB4 target as needed via map6 until you are not throwing the fault.
Happens on Map 2 as well though.
(#295)
Old

Car: 2018 giulia Ti Sport
Default 07-13-2020, 04:53 PM

Might sound like a stupid question...

I have a 2018 giulia with a recently installed JB4. From what I understand, I should be using Map 3 on Beta Version 5 for “best” results?
(#296)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-13-2020, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakthecycle2
Happens on Map 2 as well though.
Map2 is more aggressive than map1... What happens on map1?

Burger Motorsports

(#297)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-13-2020, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giulia101
Might sound like a stupid question...

I have a 2018 giulia with a recently installed JB4. From what I understand, I should be using Map 3 on Beta Version 5 for “best” results?
Start with map1 and if it's running well then give map2 a whirl!

Burger Motorsports

(#298)
Old

Car: 2018 giulia Ti Sport
Default 07-13-2020, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Start with map1 and if it's running well then give map2 a whirl!
Will do, thanks.
(#299)
Old

Car: Giulia Ti
Default 07-13-2020, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4rkus34
Hi Terry I just bought the unit for my TI and had a couple questions and will post runs later.

I have my positioned similar to yours here and have it zip tied to the metal line to the left of the coolant tank but also resting on the frame below. What do you have yours zipped to in the picture?

The unit seems to get quite hot pretty quick but I'm not sure whether it's picking up heatsoak from that line or if it's just ambient engine air heating up the metal case. Is it somewhat heat resistant so the board will not get damaged? I was thinking of repositioning next to the airbox like in the install guide but didn't know if it was necessary.

Do I need to shut off the engine or be at idle to switch maps?

Thanks for the help
Terry, I think the box was just super hot after installing it during afternoon sun. I went for a few runs and it was not as hot. Still would like to know if you can switch maps while parked/idle. Also, same question as above, I want to be using map2 in beta v5 and not map3 correct? I thought you revised it or something because of the errors but maybe that was corrected with beta v5. Here are my files, 93oct, 83degF, map 0 & 2 (no errors so far):
Attached Files
File Type: csv P29_M0_R1_200713_191035.csv (17.1 KB, 23 views)
File Type: csv P29_M2_R1_200713_191659.csv (16.3 KB, 28 views)
File Type: csv P29_M2_R1_200713_191950.csv (10.2 KB, 26 views)
(#300)
Old

Default 07-14-2020, 05:43 PM

Im still getting the 0299 error.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P29_M6_R3_200714_1955.csv (132.4 KB, 31 views)
File Type: csv P29_M6_R4_200714_1926.csv (469.3 KB, 23 views)