N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#726)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-25-2020, 07:42 PM

Both logs look like v5 firmware?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#727)
Old

Car: 2018 BMW M5 Individual Nardo Grey
Default 06-26-2020, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Both logs look like v5 firmware?
I uploaded the file correctly last night. I must if thought it wrote it. Where do I go to set these settings: duty bias to 50, pid gain to 20, FF to 50?

Thanks
(#728)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-26-2020, 08:39 AM

On the user adjustment page!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#729)
Old

Default 06-26-2020, 05:24 PM

Quote:
On the user adjustment page!
Does the duty bias need to be 50 for all the rpm range? I notice on the lower rpm it ranges from 10-40 from 1500-4000
(#730)
Old

Default 06-28-2020, 09:21 PM

Hi Terry,

Updated firm ware. This log is stage 2 w/ewg plugged in and 92 octane w/6oz of Bootsane.

On my first run, I may have hit rev limiter as I forgot to shift. How’s it looking? I’m still getting used to shift points. TIA

It definitely got faster too. Here is my dragy run:
dragy by Justin J, on Flickr
Attached Files
File Type: csv P24_M2_R2_200628_1845.csv (32.5 KB, 46 views)

Last edited by YanoNardoM5; 06-28-2020 at 09:31 PM..
(#731)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-01-2020, 08:30 AM

For those who have been getting a false alarm 120719 fault on v7 BETA firmware, I posted an update V8_TEST2 that may have a fix. Let me know!

Burger Motorsports

(#732)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-01-2020, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YanoNardoM5
Hi Terry,

Updated firm ware. This log is stage 2 w/ewg plugged in and 92 octane w/6oz of Bootsane.
The data side looks OK, but I think more octane would help. I'd lower FF to 45 to smooth out throttle a bit and double up on the boostane.

Burger Motorsports

(#733)
Old

Car: m5
Default 07-09-2020, 09:40 AM

newbie here to ask 2 question and hope to get quick answer; 1)when use jb4 app to swtich from different map,can it be done when car is moving?or need to be on idle or switch to diagnosis mode? 2) if i dont connect ewg connector,how shall i seal them in the engine bay?can i simple connect the female port to male pin connector?will it cause shortcut to jb4?just want to make sure i dont do stupid things and sorry for these silly questions:)
(#734)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-09-2020, 09:52 AM

Map changes can be made on the fly while driving or even while racing. On EWG just plug in to each other to keep dust out.

Burger Motorsports

(#735)
Old

Default 07-10-2020, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeOfDeath
Crazy slower than my friend's X4M lol he's doing 7.64
does he have jb4 too?

Yeah it was driver error too and adaption. I got it down to 7.44 and my best run was 7.09. It’s definitely getting faster the longer and more comfortable I feel behind the wheel.

I just need more open Mexico roads lol
(#736)
Old

Default 07-11-2020, 01:18 AM

@terry,i am running map1 with akrapovic exhaust and gruppem intake,just help me to check if things are ok(not sure if boost can reach 25psi as showed on map1) dont want to overrun on the motor before i know it better
Attached Images

(#737)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-13-2020, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adolzero
@terry,i am running map1 with akrapovic exhaust and gruppem intake,just help me to check if things are ok(not sure if boost can reach 25psi as showed on map1) dont want to overrun on the motor before i know it better
Would need CSV on that front!

Burger Motorsports

(#738)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-13-2020, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeOfDeath
But our other friend has tons of bugs/issues with his JB4 in his M8 Comp with Full ********* and Intakes and can't get anywhere below stock times.
Not aware of any unresolved problems out there, what's his name or email?

Burger Motorsports

(#739)
Old

Default 07-13-2020, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Would need CSV on that front!
sir,file attached
Attached Files
File Type: csv P24_M1_R3_200711_1520.csv (84.6 KB, 39 views)
(#740)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-13-2020, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adolzero
sir,file attached
Update to v8 firmware, duty bias to 50 across the board, and grab another log!

Burger Motorsports

(#741)
Old

Default 07-13-2020, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Update to v8 firmware, duty bias to 50 across the board, and grab another log!
here it is, sir. V8test2 file downloaded, update and change user adjustment settings duty bias all to 50, use Map1. car runs good and seems the log captured 0-60, 2.8x not bad at all.

i am running akrapovic evo, gm intake and all else are stock. fuel quality here is not ideal but ok (definate not better than 93) i quickly go through the csv and this time boost at around 21 max?

i just want to have map1 to be default for daily drive so a rather conservative /normal tune is ok.. really want to focus longevity...

so do you think i shall use v8test map1 (with duty bias 50) on going or you have different inputs?

many thx Terry
Attached Files
File Type: csv P24_M1_R2_200714_1042.csv (46.1 KB, 37 views)
(#742)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-13-2020, 08:30 PM

Are EWG connectors installed on the car?

Burger Motorsports

(#743)
Old

Default 07-13-2020, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Are EWG connectors installed on the car?
no, i didnt since manul intro mentioned they might throw codes. i only connect twap...kindly suggest..thx;i attached another log which is a bit long recording,hope to have your view
Attached Files
File Type: csv P24_M1_R2_200714_2021.csv (426.4 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by adolzero; 07-14-2020 at 07:41 AM..
(#744)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-14-2020, 09:58 AM

OK without those we're going to be more limited on the tuning. If you're happy with how it's running then keep on trucking. If you want more performance attach them and log map1.

Burger Motorsports

(#745)
Old

Default 07-14-2020, 10:29 AM

Quote:
OK without those we're going to be more limited on the tuning. If you're happy with how it's running then keep on trucking. If you want more performance attach them and log map1.
thx,in my case do you suggest to go back to v5 or v8 test duty bias 50? what does duty bias work on in different rpm?
(#746)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-14-2020, 11:16 AM

The duty bias settings only have an effect if EWG connectors are installed. I'd leave it on v8.

Burger Motorsports

(#747)
Old

Default 07-14-2020, 11:28 AM

Quote:
The duty bias settings only have an effect if EWG connectors are installed. I'd leave it on v8.
thx i will put my car on v8 then,tmap only is good and shall i say max boost 25psi when i do launch control and it shall be no problem for a daily drive on map1?
(#748)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-14-2020, 01:08 PM

Boost safety I'd set to 26 or 28psi to keep it out of the way, it's a safety system, not your boost target.

Map1 with or without EWG is suitable for all conditions and fuels generally.

Burger Motorsports

(#749)
Old

Default 07-14-2020, 05:31 PM

Hey Terry, I'm on V5 firmware, updating to latest V8 firmware do i need to adjust anything to run maps 1 or 2?
(#750)
Old

Car: M5
Default 07-15-2020, 09:07 PM

What does the FF stand for in FF/Wastegate Adaptation under user settings?