N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#701)
Old

Car: 2017 F150 Ecoboost 3.5
Default 07-13-2020, 07:11 PM

Ultimately I’d like to be able to view and log the following 6 PIDs:

Boost, Knock, Spark, Octane Adjust Percentage, Coolant Temp, Intake Air Temp 2

2017 F150 SuperCrew 3.5 Gen II Ecoboost
(Burger JB4 with Water-Meth Injection, AFE Cold Air intake, Stainless Works High flow catted down pipe, SPD Turbo flanges, SPD 3" resonator pipe, Magnaflow 3" Exhaust, Garrett-Honeywell Intercooler, 185F Motorcraft Thermostat, Ford Performance Plugs - 1 step colder)
(#702)
Old

Default 07-14-2020, 07:18 AM

Terry,

This morning I drove the truck to work on the same map 1 as the last log, and when I looked at the boost it was consistently abou 3-4 psi lower like it was running on map 0?

Is the “target” value on the logs how much additional boost the controller wanting to add to the boost? If so it’s still trying to added the same amount today, but could it be leaking boost since it went over 20 psi the other day?

The stock plastic BOV on the Intercooler can leak at higher boost levels I’ve heard....

I'm also not sure if I'm at 91 octane in the tank right now so maybe the engine is cutting boost due to knock/spark and if I was running 91+ octane the full boost would be realized????

Any ideas?

See attached csv log.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P22_M1_R1_200714_0928.csv (42.1 KB, 27 views)

(Burger JB4 with Water-Meth Injection, AFE Cold Air intake, Stainless Works High flow catted down pipe, SPD Turbo flanges, SPD 3" resonator pipe, Magnaflow 3" Exhaust, Garrett-Honeywell Intercooler, 185F Motorcraft Thermostat, Ford Performance Plugs - 1 step colder)

Last edited by rhex17F150; 07-14-2020 at 10:06 AM..
(#703)
Old

Default 07-14-2020, 10:00 AM

Terry,

I'm running this update: JB4_FORD_ECO_8:

I also see on my App there's a beta update JB4_FORD_ECO_9.... what's this add/correct?

If you look at this original post wasn't IAT monitoring fixing under original update JB4_Ford_ECO_1?

I've attached it below...

JB4_F150_1:

1) Adjusted map1 for more boost down low, less up top, to better match lower grade pump fuels like 91 octane.
2) Fixed IAT bug causing some vehicles not to datalog IAT correctly.
3) Added logic so that JB4 rainbow patch can be attached to the MAP sensor (towards the read), and the JB4 brown patch can be attached to the TMAP sensor (in the front). This is now the suggested installation and some users have reported smoother operation in this configuration.

I did try the new TMAP sensor anyways just to verify things and its still reading and logging 32F for IAT2 sensor on the JB4/App.

What's the timing on this fix for my 2017 F150 Gen II Ecoboost 3.5?

Thanks very much

(#704)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-14-2020, 01:17 PM

Things get moved around a lot version to version as the Raptor logging channels are not the same as the F150 2.7 or the F150 3.5. We'll have to evaluate some of our in house vehicles and see if we have one that is missing IAT, and correct it.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#705)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-14-2020, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhex17F150
Terry,

This morning I drove the truck to work on the same map 1 as the last log, and when I looked at the boost it was consistently abou 3-4 psi lower like it was running on map 0?
DME BT is the flash target. You're running above that by the amount of the JB4 target so looks normal to me. TimingAVG is peak total knock count.

The factory tuning is load based so it's boost target (DME BT) will vary dramatically based on intake temp, barometric pressure, and other factors.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#706)
Old

Default 07-15-2020, 05:19 AM

Terry,

Your last 2 responses were very helpful. Thank you! I'm anxious to see the IAT2 working once you can get to that fixed/new Firmware update for the 2017 - 2019 F150 3.5 Ecoboosts....

I was just looking at my last log and also the selections I can make for my 6 gauges and what's the difference between Boost and Boost2 values?

The Boost 2 is slightly higher... Are these taken from different MAP or TMAP sensors/locations?

(#707)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-15-2020, 08:42 AM

Depending on the install orientation one if before the throttle one is after, so small variance is expected due to the pressure drop depending on the throttle position. PSI is rainbow patch which is usually installed on the manifold, so PSI2 would be on the chargepipe and usually a little higher. But those two connections can be inverted if desired.

Burger Motorsports

(#708)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-16-2020, 03:41 PM

I think we found the IAT logging issue, load up v9_t1 BETA, set FutureUseA = 1, and see if that resolves it.

Burger Motorsports

(#709)
Old

Default 07-17-2020, 06:27 AM

Terry,

That fixed the IAT! You are the Man!!!

Thanks so much!

Rich

Last edited by rhex17F150; 07-17-2020 at 07:12 AM.. Reason: It worked!
(#710)
Old

Car: 2019 2.7EB f150 FX4
Default 07-18-2020, 11:45 PM

Anyone running catted ********* and JB4. Any issues to expect?
(#711)
Old

Default 07-19-2020, 07:45 AM

On my 2017 3.5 Ecoboost I’m running the JB4, Stainless Works high flow catted ******** with some O2 extenders without any issues..

(#712)
Old

Car: 2019 2.7EB f150 FX4
Default 07-19-2020, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhex17F150
On my 2017 3.5 Ecoboost Iím running the JB4, Stainless Works high flow catted ******** with some O2 extenders without any issues..
Did you try running it without the O2 spacers spd claims no CEL from them.
(#713)
Old

Default 07-19-2020, 09:23 AM

My down ***** are the stainless works with the metal mesh high flow cats, so it needed the extenders. My extenders are big daddies with the mini *** disc located inside the extender. No CEL’s to date....

(#714)
Old

Car: 335ix
Default 07-21-2020, 01:39 PM

Is there a backend available for the raptor to remove the top speed limiter?
(#715)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-21-2020, 01:57 PM

If you have HP Tuners we can send you our flash maps but due to a quark in their system you have to port them over to your file before loaded.

Burger Motorsports

(#716)
Old

Default 07-21-2020, 09:19 PM

I donít have HP tuners is that something else I have to purchase I just bought the JB4 was wanting to get a backend flash so I can remove the limiter is there a guide or walkthrough for this thank you
(#717)
Old

Default 07-22-2020, 01:35 PM

Terry,

Is it possible to add in oil pressure (I didn’t see that in the list) and oil temperature (doesn’t work) in an upcoming flash for the 2017+ F150 3.5 Ecoboost?

It would be nice to see those gauges also since the trucks oil pressure guage isn’t really useful at seeing actual pressure which varies e we other engine load....

And I think oil temp and cylinder head temp are about the same....

Thanks.

(#718)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-22-2020, 07:05 PM

At some point I'll see what we can do on those!

Burger Motorsports

(#719)
Old

Default 07-22-2020, 07:10 PM

Thank you Terry!

Switched from map 1 to map 2 today and was impressed with the performance with 93 octane.....

(#720)
Old

Car: 14 F150 3.5EB
Default 07-23-2020, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Without seeing the logs hard to offer any advice, but as we always say, run whatever firmware is working best for you!
It's been a while, but damn Covid has had me working in a bunker lol

Still having a little bit of roughness/misfire but no CELs. Just did plugs and coils (all Motorcraft from RockAuto, not Ebay so I assume they're legit) back in March. Note that my IAT always shows as 32F so I decided to give JB4_FORD_ECO_9_T1 a shot but no luck. Attaching a few of my logs to get your take on them. Hopefully they're usable. I live on a barrier island at sea level in a 93 octane state (Florida) and try to only fill up when I'm on the mainland (I don't trust the underground tanks on the island with corrosion and seepage). Anyway, thanks for the work you guys put in!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200331_2027_runs(6).csv (67.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: csv P22_M3_R4_200720_1715.csv (88.3 KB, 25 views)
File Type: csv P22_M3_R2_200605_0855.csv (21.7 KB, 22 views)
File Type: csv P22_M2_R3_200609_0906.csv (116.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: csv P22_M3_R3_200628_0910.csv (32.3 KB, 25 views)
(#721)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-23-2020, 12:11 PM

You'd have to set FUA = 1 if not reading IAT properly to enable the alternative algorithm. Logs themselves seem OK to me though.

Burger Motorsports

(#722)
Old

Default 07-24-2020, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
You'd have to set FUA = 1 if not reading IAT properly to enable the alternative algorithm. Logs themselves seem OK to me though.
Thanks!! IAT reading correctly now. And thank you for looking at the logs as well! At least I can rule out the JB....now to take some rides with my laptop, my ELS27, and ForScan lol.

Amazon should be dropping off a new plug gapping tool for me with a set of 30-something blade feelers today to replace my ancient dollar store "circle" gauge that I probably should never have been using in the first place. *facepalm*
(#723)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-24-2020, 11:04 AM

Yes those circle gauges are not precise at all.

Something else you can try is switching the JB4 connection positions, some trucks prefer it.

Burger Motorsports

(#724)
Old

Default 07-24-2020, 11:31 AM

Hmm...I will give that a try as well. Thanks again!
(#725)
Old

Default 07-27-2020, 09:10 PM

is there a way to change maps with steering wheel I didn't buy the connect kit or usb wire ?
searched and couldn't find an answer