N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#401)
Old

Car: F56 JCW REBEL GREEN
Default 05-17-2017, 08:35 PM

Hi Terry I have JB4 on my F56 JCW running map 2...94 octane ******** & exhaust sorted the f56 it was rocket �� I had the JB4 since January, recently April I got check engine light saying 193208 tank level plausibility deviation between consumption and level change no discription found 12BB01 I just deleted on my mobile thru JB4 Bluetooth kit every time I press hard the gas pedal the gas gauge disappears for seconds then back again. performance wise nothing change. Just only this 193208 please advise thank you
(#402)
Old

Car: 2016 Mini Cooper S
Default 05-18-2017, 05:42 AM

Terry - what parameters should I log to make sure it's safe for me to be running map 2?
(#403)
Old

Car: 15 John Cooper Works
Default 05-18-2017, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernon
Hi Terry I have JB4 on my F56 JCW running map 2...94 octane ******** & exhaust sorted the f56 it was rocket �� I had the JB4 since January, recently April I got check engine light saying 193208 tank level plausibility deviation between consumption and level change no discription found 12BB01 I just deleted on my mobile thru JB4 Bluetooth kit every time I press hard the gas pedal the gas gauge disappears for seconds then back again. performance wise nothing change. Just only this 193208 please advise thank you
I get this frequently as well, I've just been deleting it too. So it is not an isolated issue.
(#404)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-18-2017, 01:25 PM

Don't know on that. If you have the in dash boost gauge enabled in dash then the gas gauge will move proportional to boost. Beyond that not sure how it might trigger any fault.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#405)
Old

Default 05-26-2017, 06:43 AM

Terry can you let me know how my logs look?
Attached Files
File Type: csv Map 1 3rd gear 93oct.csv (10.2 KB, 168 views)
File Type: csv Map 1 4th gear 93oct.csv (13.7 KB, 141 views)
(#406)
Old

Car: Mini F56 Manual
Default 06-06-2017, 01:33 PM

Terry,
I have update for the latest interface version available (4/1/17) and now some of the parameters as RPM, AFR and etc, I can't read.
Do you know what'S going wrong?

They display always 0 and due to that it's not possible to data logging.

I am using the latest firmware version available as well (48/2/5) for B48.

Thanks!
(#407)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-06-2017, 08:35 PM

Sounds like you have a CANbus connection issue. OBDII loose maybe.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#408)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-06-2017, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentiles
Terry can you let me know how my logs look?
If you need personal help use the support forum.

Burger Motorsports

(#409)
Old

Car: Mini F56 Manual
Default 06-07-2017, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Sounds like you have a CANbus connection issue. OBDII loose maybe.
You are right! The connector on the JB4 side was disconnected.
(#410)
Old

Car: 2013 Big Turbo Focus ST
Default 06-12-2017, 01:20 PM

Wife's B38 on E30 mix running map 2 in 4th gear

170612_1217.csv
(#411)
Old

Car: Mini JCW 16
Default 06-14-2017, 02:02 AM

Hi to all,

Few clicks away from ordering the JB4 for my 2016 Mini JCW two quick questions to settle my inner worries:

1) In case I do not use the can bus wire this automatically takes me to Map 1 ? What sort of added boost should I be expecting there ? HP ?
2) My car always runs on Shell V-Power rated at 97 RON (EU). Will that be sufficient to take it to map 2 ? Boost ? HP ?

Number 1 priority is the longevity of the engine so I would be still happy to go with map 1 and avoid any issues ..

Many thanks for your reply and apologies if the above have been already answered before.
(#412)
Old

Car: Mini jcw f56
Default 06-18-2017, 12:18 AM

Hi all
My mini Jcw jb4
after install FSB
Which map should I put ?
Map 2 can works FSB ?
(#413)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-18-2017, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcwai
Hi all
My mini Jcw jb4
after install FSB
Which map should I put ?
Map 2 can works FSB ?
Map3 is setup as progressive WMI. Email in a JB4 log and we can review it for you as there are not a lot of MINI guys running WMI yet.

Burger Motorsports

(#414)
Old

Car: 2017 JCW hardtop
Default 06-20-2017, 12:33 PM

Hi Terry
In a previous post you said "map 2 can be used with 93 octane, normally needs a few addl mods to run properly". What additional mods are you referring? I'd like to run map 2.

I appreciate your help, Thank You
-S
(#415)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-20-2017, 02:04 PM

The biggest factor is octane. But, other bolt on modifications like intake or exhaust can also play a role in whether map1 or map2 runs best for you.

Burger Motorsports

(#416)
Old

Default 06-23-2017, 06:15 PM

Terry, from reading all of your previous posts on this thread I have a good grasp of reading logs except for timing values.

For timing values what are we looking for exactly? What is considered good and bad?
(#417)
Old

Car: Mini F56 Cooper S
Default 06-23-2017, 07:42 PM

What is the stock boost pressure?
JCW should have 18 psi boost
What about Cooper S and Cooper S with JCW kit?
(#418)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-23-2017, 08:20 PM

Info and discussion on logging parameters here: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21269

Burger Motorsports

(#419)
Old

Car: bmw 318i
Default 07-20-2017, 04:44 PM

hi terry.i'm a bms user.my car is the chinese market Bmw 3series B38 enging.the 8speed transnission the reawheel drive.can i use the same setting as MINI B38?if there's any difference can you help me set up my car again?
thank you very much
(#420)
Old

Car: F56 JCW
Default 07-25-2017, 12:14 AM

Hi Terry
After running on Map 2 for over a year now without trouble. I had now 3 times error codes telling me in the dash that I an engine error and I should limp home to see a service mechanic.

Error occurred always when I was coasting to a stop with slight braking. Never under load conditions.

Error log say that engine parameter were not plausible and as well boost pressure too high in regards to reference Code: 121532 and further boost control - boost buildup blocked Code: 120408

I run on my F56 JCW a HJS ********.

I was able too delete all codes and further the dash warning disappeared after engine restart.

I will check for updates for the JB4 on the weekend and further check if the error comes as well will JB4 map 0.

I'm afraid it's not the JB4, rather the HJS ********. But let's see.

The car itself feels still great, beside of the error codes no signals /noises which are unusual.
(#421)
Old
on JB3 2.0 Map5 now!

Car: E92 335i M-Sport, Porsche 944
Default 07-27-2017, 11:14 PM

Hey Terry I see the new Firmware for the B48/58. Is it also on the B38/48 JB4?? (specially Map 3 wit 6psi more boost)
(#422)
Old

Car: F56 JCW
Default 07-28-2017, 07:07 AM

In regards of my issue. I was driving on Map 0 for two days and had several times the three mentioned error codes. This morning I updated the firmware to the latest version, since I didn't do any updates since may 2016. After the update I check for error codes again, cleaned them all and switched back to the good old map 2. And now after driving 200km I got no new error codes. So let's cross fingers the issue is gone.
(#423)
Old

Car: FH MINI
Default Boost Safety - 08-08-2017, 02:36 PM

Hello Guys

I was wondering that the Boost Safety in some posts was 18 and in the page 1 here is 20.

What is correct ?

I have two friends who`s have the JB4 beta with a Bluetooth control for F56 and we want to do right setup.

Thanks

Last edited by fhprandi; 08-08-2017 at 02:42 PM..
(#424)
Old
on JB3 2.0 Map5 now!

Car: E92 335i M-Sport, Porsche 944
Default 08-10-2017, 12:29 AM

It would be nice if Terry would answer our questions... I think he doesn't care much about the Mini drivers...
(#425)
Old

Default 08-11-2017, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhprandi
Hello Guys

I was wondering that the Boost Safety in some posts was 18 and in the page 1 here is 20.

What is correct ?

I have two friends who`s have the JB4 beta with a Bluetooth control for F56 and we want to do right setup.

Thanks
Either is correct. I have my S set to 18. Through logging I've never seen my psi go above 15 MAYBE 16psi. For a JCW set to 20psi.