N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1126)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-11-2020, 01:40 PM

Need the CSV not photos!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1127)
Old

Car: 2013 M5
Default 06-11-2020, 05:59 PM

My b, here you go
Attached Files
File Type: csv 200609_1425(map 1).csv (4.8 KB, 46 views)
File Type: csv 200609_1430(map 5).csv (3.6 KB, 49 views)
(#1128)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-11-2020, 07:14 PM

Looks like a really big bank to bank imbalance on boost. Try setting WMI page bit3 on (DTML WMI Input) and relog map5 to see if that gets us back in business.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1129)
Old

Default 06-12-2020, 10:01 AM

These 2 hits worked perfect but then I did a few more after and it did the same thing again where it went into map 4.

Side Note: You think running a higher e85 concentration would be a good idea? seems like the car is handling it very well.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 200612_0937.csv (2.8 KB, 50 views)
File Type: csv 200612_0938.csv (2.4 KB, 49 views)
(#1130)
Old

Car: F10 M5 Bj. 03/2012
Default 06-21-2020, 09:41 AM

Hello,
I have a BMW F10 M5 and I installed the JB4. Now I wanted to control the exhaust flaps and it somehow doesn't work as expected. You have to hold the BC button for 4 seconds and then the turn signal arrow should blink left for open or right for closed. Is that correct or does something have to be released in the JB4 app !?
(#1131)
Old

Car: M6 F06
Default 06-24-2020, 04:53 PM

Hey guys,

Chris here, brand new to tuning and proud owner of the JB4 with the BCM option.

So I have managed to connect the 2 turbo pressure cables on the car as well as the OBDII. All works fine so far, there is absolutely no significant boost in power, if so. However this is due to my lack in knowledge on how to connect the rest of the cables of the BCM to the solenoids.

I searched the engine multiple times already and I am trying to figure out for the past 5 days on where to connect these cables!

My M6 F06 is a UK car so the driver is the passenger and vise versa. So I am a little bit confused whether I need to follow the order of the installation guide or it doesn't matter which side of the car the cables are connected to.

So far I have installed the JB4 only (not the BCM) the other way around (JB4 enclosure on the passenger side, since the OBDII port is on this side in the UK) and I got no error codes etc etc.

Although, I'm not really sure if I absolutely have to connect it exactly as the JB4 installation guide says, so if you could help me by answering this first question I would really much appreciated it!

The second question would be, where the heck I have to install the solenoid cables on the car! There is absolutely no easy guide out there that I can understand how to do it! I am pretty stupid when it comes to following installation guides (unless it's LEGO haha) so if you could please give me a hand on this so I can enjoy the 800 USD on the car as of now, I can only feel like I connected a box, that can only open the exhaust flap and mute the active sound lol!

Thanks a lot in advance!
Christos
(#1132)
Old

Car: F10 M5 Bj. 03/2012
Default 06-26-2020, 09:14 AM

Do you have these instructions for installation !?

https://www.n54tech.com/instructions...b4_install.pdf

The valves for the turbos wastegates are located under the left intercooler, which you have to remove. You also have to remove the cooling water connections and the cooling water runs away, which you have to fill up again!
(#1133)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-26-2020, 11:17 AM

On BCM the color pairs need to match up with the wastegate position which is covered in the BCM install directions.

"If you installed the rainbow tmap patch on the passenger side intercooler per the directions then the BCM wire with brown and blue wires goes to the solenoid that is closest to the passenger side. The rainbow patch TMAP and blue/brown wire BCM wire should be on the same engine bank, and the brown patch and green/purple BCM wire will be on the same engine bank."

Burger Motorsports

(#1134)
Old

Car: M6 F06
Default 06-26-2020, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooltime75
Do you have these instructions for installation !?

https://www.n54tech.com/instructions...b4_install.pdf

The valves for the turbos wastegates are located under the left intercooler, which you have to remove. You also have to remove the cooling water connections and the cooling water runs away, which you have to fill up again!
Yes I have used the very same instructions! The issue I'm facing is that my car is a UK car, so the passenger side is on the driver's side! Not sure if this make any difference but for sure the spaces are different! For instance, I had to connect the JB4 box on the passenger side as there was no space on the driver's side (EU sides). So I had to install the JB4 the opposite to the instructions!

The car is switching on and there are no faults, but of course I don't see any performance cause I did not connect the solenoids yet, as I am extremely confused right now with the sides etc!

Damn British side cars lol
(#1135)
Old

Default 06-26-2020, 08:26 PM

There is no option for burble correct?, unless you add the fuel pressure sensors onto the JB4? Would be interested in running this setup
(#1136)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-26-2020, 08:51 PM

You can't do burble (injector timing) with a JB4, would need to add in a back end flash for that purpose.

Burger Motorsports

(#1137)
Old

Default 06-30-2020, 11:40 PM

Do you know what the strongest you've been able to push the stock pumps on E85? Right now I'm still doing 5gal for a full tank and it seems like it can handle more based on fuel trims
(#1138)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 07-17-2020, 06:53 AM

Hi all,

I have been running stage 1 (stock car) for some time... The car is in good health with new coil packs and plugs (gapped to 0.22).

When I last tried map 2 I went into limp home mode... so I gave up immediately. Now I am thinking it maybe worth trying map 2 again.

I am in the UK and have access to New Shell V-Power unleaded is a 99RON octane fuel.

Any hints or suggestions on the best way to approach map 2? Also is it worth using map 6 and taking it to map 2 slowly?

Thanks in advance!!
(#1139)
Old

Default 07-17-2020, 07:37 AM

Also, when I raise the boost with the jb4 will the clamping force in the gearbox increase as well?
(#1140)
Old

Default 07-17-2020, 08:16 AM

Also, if I run map 6 is it correct that if I target lower boost at lower rpm I can cap the torque?

If that makes any sense...
(#1141)
Old

Default 08-03-2020, 09:32 PM

I just got ******* ********* and I was wondering why the E85 map is starting to bog down a little bit. I'll add some logs in the morning.

Also is there a way to do a cold start delete since its a bit too loud on cold start? Thanks.
(#1142)
Old

Car: F10 535i
Default 08-31-2020, 10:33 AM

How do i tell if i have a V1 vs V2 board? If im V1 which is the latest FW? I'm trying to get inspected in NYS and they are unable to read from the OBD port which leads me to believe im NOT in MAP 0. The BC button does not enable control via the stalk, it never flashes the indicators. I'm flashed with BM3. Do i need to uninstall the JB4 or will setting top MAP 0 suffice?

Last edited by StatenEye535i; 08-31-2020 at 10:53 AM..