N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
Go Back   N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion > General > Regional Forums > California
Reload this Page Orange County BMW Service and Installs for Forum Members - N54/N55 cars

(#26)
Old

Car: 2007 335i (e90)
Default 03-04-2015, 09:51 PM

Rob did the walnut blast on my e90.... I drove 80 miles to have him do the work.... I stepped out for a couple of hours while he did his thing. He took videos of the before and after areas.... Just an honest dude!! Thx Rob ��
(#27)
Old

Car: E90
Smile 03-05-2015, 10:47 AM

Rob does it again! He installed 6 new injectors index 12 now the car idles like new, no misfires and the JB4 he installed punches like tyson in his youth. Can't wait to see him again for the pump flash!

I live near Santa Monica and its worth making the trip to see him. I had a mechanic nearby that supposedly changed my valve cover. When Rob did the injector install and pulled the plugs, he found oil in the spark plug wells and some weird sealant around the edges of the valve cover. Shady ass mechanics.

Rob is worth every effort and is the most honest mechanic you'll ever meet.

Thank you Rob!

Hit 'em people: Socal.BMW.Installs@gmail.com

2011 F10 535i | D Shoup Flash | PS2 | GFB DV+ | Wagner FMIC | Helix Overdrive | Sprint Booster | CDV Mod | Koni Yellows | Eibach Sports | M5 Sways | Spec 2 Clutch | SMF | UUC SSK | Custom Inlet | Custom Dynomax Exhaust
(#28)
Old

Car: 2010 335i Convertible
Default 03-26-2015, 12:21 PM

Hey Rob,
i just bought my 2010 vert last week. I'm really looking for some direction with tune, maintenance, etc. I work in Santa Ana. Would it be possible to swing by and have you look at the car. I need a second opinion before i start Modding.
(#29)
Old
Helping Local Members

Car: 2007 BMW 335i E92 6MT
Default 03-26-2015, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showdown045
Hey Rob,
i just bought my 2010 vert last week. I'm really looking for some direction with tune, maintenance, etc. I work in Santa Ana. Would it be possible to swing by and have you look at the car. I need a second opinion before i start Modding.
Hey how's it going bud! I would be happy to help guide you in the right direction as far as tunes and maintenance etc. Feel free to send me a text when you get a chance and we will coordinate a day that works. Thanks!

SoCalBMWInstalls.com
Installs, Maintenance & Walnut Blasting in Southern California

Email: Rob@SoCalBMWInstalls.com
(#30)
Old

Default 04-01-2015, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal BMW Installs
Hey how's it going bud! I would be happy to help guide you in the right direction as far as tunes and maintenance etc. Feel free to send me a text when you get a chance and we will coordinate a day that works. Thanks!
Thanks Rob!
(#31)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Default 04-07-2015, 11:35 AM

thanx rob for your time!! ill def see you soon for intake valve service
(#32)
Old
ex deus machina

Car: E92 N54 335i
Default 04-08-2015, 09:17 AM

have done turbo swaps?
on N54; remove stock turbos and install RB turbos?

Garage Queen: Audi S4 4.2L V8, Vortech Supercharger, Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers, Sway-bars, RS4 brakes and rear BBK, Fast Intentions - Full Exhaust, 505AWTQ 0-60: 3.8s
Daily Driver: E92 335i N54: complete part out - let me know of any parts you need:

https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55650
(#33)
Old
Helping Local Members

Default 04-08-2015, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Thanks Rob!
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_mendieta
thanx rob for your time!! ill def see you soon for intake valve service
Thanks Showdown045 and j_mendieta! Always glad to help out

SoCalBMWInstalls.com

(#34)
Old
Helping Local Members

Default 04-08-2015, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHECKERED
have done turbo swaps?
on N54; remove stock turbos and install RB turbos?
I have done quite a few N54 turbo swaps in the past - both stock/OEM as well as upgraded like the RBs/VTTs. With that said it isn't a service I offer to the general public due to the downtime and costs. Feel free to reach out to me directly if you want to discuss, I would be happy to answer any questions you have. Thanks!

SoCalBMWInstalls.com

(#35)
Old

Default 04-08-2015, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal BMW Installs
Thanks Showdown045 and j_mendieta! Always glad to help out
Thanks for answering all of my questions Rob, even the ones that came in at 11:00pm or later! I can hardly wait to get all the stuff installed and flashed. Hopefully this weekend. fingers crossed for a speedy delivery date. Dante

2010 335i 6AT E93,FBO, Inlets, BMS Meth Kit single cm10 (55add N20 TMAP)
(#36)
Old
Helping Local Members

Default 04-12-2015, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Thanks for answering all of my questions Rob, even the ones that came in at 11:00pm or later! I can hardly wait to get all the stuff installed and flashed. Hopefully this weekend. fingers crossed for a speedy delivery date. Dante
Thanks for the kind words Dante, your the man!

We are set for our appointment next week, I will see you then. Look forward to meeting you and getting your car setup and ready for you to enjoy (even more!)

SoCalBMWInstalls.com

(#37)
Old

Default 04-15-2015, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whateva
Rob does it again! He installed 6 new injectors index 12 now the car idles like new, no misfires and the JB4 he installed punches like tyson in his youth. Can't wait to see him again for the pump flash!

I live near Santa Monica and its worth making the trip to see him. I had a mechanic nearby that supposedly changed my valve cover. When Rob did the injector install and pulled the plugs, he found oil in the spark plug wells and some weird sealant around the edges of the valve cover. Shady ass mechanics.

Rob is worth every effort and is the most honest mechanic you'll ever meet.

Thank you Rob!

Hit 'em people: Socal.BMW.Installs@gmail.com
Just Dropped off my 335i with Rob today. ***, JB4 G5, Alpina TCU Flash, BMS 91 octane Flash.
If you have questions, Rob has answers. If he does not know the answer, he will research it and get back to you.

(#38)
Old

Thumbs up 04-17-2015, 12:30 AM

Huge thanks to Rob! I took my car to him for ***, tcu flash, Bms backend flash and JB4 G5. Not only did Rob knock out the job in great time, he was also able to correct some questionable work from a performance shop that installed my chargepipe and fmic.

Rob took photos of their work and we could clearly see that things were not done correctly.

After installing everything the right way, Rob took the time to give me crash course on JB4 operating procedures. We did an extensive test drive, switching maps, discussing boost targets and he was kind enough to print out a cheat sheet for me.
Rob is the only way to go if you are looking for an honest guy with super fair prices!

(#39)
Old

Car: 2009 535i
Default 04-28-2015, 11:27 PM

Thanks a ton to Rob. I took my 09 535i for for a fmic install , occ install, firmware update and much more. When it comes to customer service and product knowledge Rob is second to none. Trust me when I say Rob goes above and beyond to make sure your satisfied. Thanks again Rob
(#40)
Old

Car: 2011 135i DCT N55
Default 05-07-2015, 11:51 AM

Just wanted to offer an update based on some items that Rob helped me with on my 2011 135i N55 / DCT
Here are a few notes!
1) Rob does outstanding work!
2) Rob performs the work in very reasonable timeframe
3) Rob offers very reasonable rates for all of the work he performs
4) Rob follows up and has great customer service skills!

Here are the things that Rob did for me:
Walnut shell blasting
Spark plugs
Oil Change
JB4 installation and tutorial

Rob, thanks again for all the work! I will definitely be back for additional work as it is needed!

I would 100% recommend Rob to anyone wanting/needing any work done on their BMW.
(#41)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 335i
Default 05-12-2015, 06:04 PM

Been a while since Rob walnut blasted my car, but I wanted to let everyone know that he does excellent work and his prices are more than reasonable.

He was 100 percent transparent on the service he performed and even showed me before and after pictures/video to show me that he actually worked on my car.

Great guy who knows his stuff, hit em up!
(#42)
Old

Car: 2007 335i Coupe
Default 05-24-2015, 11:49 PM

Created an account just to share my thoughts about the wonderful work Rob does! He's a lifesaver! Brought the car in on a Sunday (Thanks again for being so flexible!) for Walnut Blasting and left with the best experience. Before and after was amazing, ports completely cleaned out and not just a blast job, Rob takes his time getting in there and make sure it's thoroughly cleaned out.

Rob's is a true professional, very detailed oriented and extremely knowledgeable. Car's running strong and pulls hard like it should again. If you're looking for a trustworthy, hard working professional, look no further. I'll definitely be hitting him up again for future work. Thanks for all your help Rob!
(#43)
Old

Car: What else?
Default Let the videos speak for themselves... - 05-28-2015, 02:09 PM

I'm just worried this post will cause a LOT of new business and then I won't have the "hookup" anymore--seriously.

Before: http://youtu.be/DwemB9OUmL4

After: http://youtu.be/GnLdRdK8IJI

(#44)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 06-06-2015, 04:26 PM

A huge thanks to Rob for servicing my 135i today. Had the walnut shell blasting done and car runs like a champ. Rob also noticed that the two bottom bolts on the throttle body were gone and made sure I didn't drive away without them. I am assuming the dealership did a ****ty job of putting the car back together when the HPFP was replaced during the recall. All the boost is back and car is super strong.

So glad to have found a trustworthy person to service my car!
(#45)
Old

Default 06-10-2015, 03:22 PM

Shout out to Rob! He was able to fit me in on short notice for walnut shell blasting service, car is finally performing like it should! Also, he wrote down a few things I should keep an eye out and took pictures and videos as he went along with the service. Don't hesitate to bring your car to him!
(#46)
Old

Car: n55
Default 06-10-2015, 10:04 PM

Rob is the freaking man! Super knowledgeable and easy to talk to. I got a EWG JB4 + ********* dp installed and came out learning a lot about my car

I always try taking my car to someone who is actually going to show me what is being changed on my car. Not only are his prices great but his genuine interest in your satisfaction is unlike any other. Rob walked me through of what was being done to my car each step and was happy to answer my questions during and even before the install. I would not hesitate to take my car to him again, 5 stars all day.

Last edited by sc67065; 06-10-2015 at 10:12 PM..
(#47)
Old

Default 06-12-2015, 11:46 AM

Did the walnut blasting recently. Thanks Rob! He has the right equipment and technique to get it done right. His customer service equals his great work as he is passionate about our BMWs and our satisfaction. My E90's throttle response and power is back to where it was a couple of years ago. I didn't have what seemed to be a large amount of carbon at 59k miles compared to other pictures I've seen, but even so having that bit gone makes a big difference in the way it drives. Glad I came across this necessary maintenance, and glad I made the appt with Rob.

Last edited by Schneeball; 06-12-2015 at 11:46 AM.. Reason: grammar
(#48)
Old

Car: 08 135i vert
Default 06-17-2015, 10:09 AM

Had to post up about my experience with Rob, I'm blown away by his professionalism and knowledge of the n54/n55 platforms. He works quickly, communicates well, and delivers a ridiculous standard of customer service that has all but disappeared from this industry. Thanks Rob!
(#49)
Old

Car: 09 E90 335i
Default 06-19-2015, 03:48 PM

Have had the pleasure of taking my car to Rob for:

-JB4 G5 install
-Walnut Blast service
-Wheel spacer install
-CDV Delete
-Spark Plug replacement
-And misfire diag.

Rob is trustworthy, extremely knowledgeable (inside & out), professional and reliable. Couldn't be happier with the service he offers. He will go above and beyond to make sure your satisfied and then some and is always willing to teach you along the way. I am confident my car is in the best hands possible.
(#50)
Old
Helping Local Members

Default 07-23-2015, 08:54 AM

Thanks to everyone for the continued support! Each and every review helps to build business through word of mouth. We greatly appreciate each of you taking the time out of your day to write a few words.

As an update, we have been working on a website lately for customers to keep track of information as well as a Blog with cars we have been working on. Feel free to visit us at: http://www.SoCalBMWInstalls.com

SoCalBMWInstalls.com