N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#676)
Old

Car: 2013 535i xDrive
Default 02-20-2020, 07:53 AM

Thanks Terry and I emailed you for a copy of that flash.

Side note, I reloaded the PWG -T7 flash that you emailed me before, and my findings are that it in fact does begin to move WGDC off of 0 at boost 5 PSI. The flash that is on this website for download (-T1) moves my WGDC no sooner that 8.8 PSI boost.

here is a section of the -T7 log
Attached Images

(#677)
Old

Car: 2012 n55 135i
Default 02-20-2020, 10:24 AM

I've been complaining about pre-boost for a while. It seems to spike up to max DC and then crash DC and boost after it causes overboost. Seems there should be a way to soften it some to eliminate the yo-yo efftect.

This screeenshot and .csv are from this past December, when I was finally able to tame most of the crash but you can still see there's a spike in DC followed by a boost crash and then lag trying to get all factors back in order. That's the best I've ever gotten it and I probably have another 80 logs after that, trying to improve on it. No matter what I've adjusted, I always get the 100% DC spike.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-12-27 17_55_08_Map-1.csv (9.8 KB, 88 views)

2012 135i Mods: air scoops, CP, BMS filter, PS1, N20 TMAP, ADE FMIC, BMW PE, JB4, BMS BEF, 1M front body, full M3 suspension
Owned so far: 88 M3 x 2, 95 325is, 95 M3 x 2, 06 Mini Cooper S, 08 335 xi, 09 Z4 35i, 01 M3, 12 135i
(#678)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-20-2020, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwillb
I've been complaining about pre-boost for a while. It seems to spike up to max DC and then crash DC and boost after it causes overboost. Seems there should be a way to soften it some to eliminate the yo-yo efftect.

This screeenshot and .csv are from this past December, when I was finally able to tame most of the crash but you can still see there's a spike in DC followed by a boost crash and then lag trying to get all factors back in order. That's the best I've ever gotten it and I probably have another 80 logs after that, trying to improve on it. No matter what I've adjusted, I always get the 100% DC spike.
E chassis runs ISO so nothing in common with the F chassis integrated tuning discussion above.

As to your question I don't really understand it. WGDC goes to 100% during spool up mode. In E chassis firmware the spool up window is fixed at around 3psi below target but we can always make it adjustable.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#679)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-20-2020, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcacmca75
Thanks Terry and I emailed you for a copy of that flash.

Side note, I reloaded the PWG -T7 flash that you emailed me before, and my findings are that it in fact does begin to move WGDC off of 0 at boost 5 PSI. The flash that is on this website for download (-T1) moves my WGDC no sooner that 8.8 PSI boost.

here is a section of the -T7 log
No email received. For logs I can't look at photos of data, sorry. Only the CSV.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#680)
Old

Default 02-20-2020, 11:13 AM

I forwarded the email again just now.

Also attached the CSV of this mornings run, showing WGDC moving at 5PSI.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-02-20 05_30_23_Gear-1_Map-6.csv (9.6 KB, 91 views)
(#681)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-20-2020, 11:18 AM

Looks as expected. With integrated firmware < ~2psi is DWP logic, > ~5psi is PID loop logic.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#682)
Old

Car: 2012 n55 135i
Default 02-20-2020, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
E chassis runs ISO so nothing in common with the F chassis integrated tuning discussion above.

As to your question I don't really understand it. WGDC goes to 100% during spool up mode. In E chassis firmware the spool up window is fixed at around 3psi below target but we can always make it adjustable.
Terry, I would love to have the spool up adjustable!!

thank you.

2012 135i Mods: air scoops, CP, BMS filter, PS1, N20 TMAP, ADE FMIC, BMW PE, JB4, BMS BEF, 1M front body, full M3 suspension
Owned so far: 88 M3 x 2, 95 325is, 95 M3 x 2, 06 Mini Cooper S, 08 335 xi, 09 Z4 35i, 01 M3, 12 135i
(#683)
Old

Default 02-20-2020, 11:45 AM

Yes, but I think that with the PS2 my base DMW flash and JB4 are both assuming a stock spool up.

JB4 WGDC is reacting in -T7 properly to the 5 PSI, but the DMW flash is spooling slower, because it Duty Cycle calculation are for stock not my PS2.

I am hoping the I can be additive to DME duty in the lower RPMs. At 3800 RPMs I hit 5 PSI. That 5 PSI boost would hit at a more reasonable lower level if we can create a higher duty that the DME is putting out during spool time.

Hopefully INT_14 will help with this larger Turbo.

Thanks again Terry.
(#684)
Old

Default 05-24-2020, 04:11 PM

Ok, problem related to over machined turbo outlet. Got replacement and now acting like every other ps2. Thank you Pure!. Car spools quickly now and hitting high 23psi. 0-60 dropped considerably to 3.64 sec. Not bad for a family car. Running now N55_F_PWG_INT_14.HEX (BETA) and E40 with E85 BEF.

All past issue I had were related to the turbo and is now fixed with the replacement.
(#685)
Old

Car: 2012 135i
Default 06-19-2020, 12:20 PM

Can someone enlighten me in how I would go about tuning an external wastegate setup from speedtech? Do I need a boost controller of some sort? Are dyno tuning options available to me through mhd?
(#686)
Old

Car: F30 328i
Default 06-20-2020, 02:17 AM

Hi, i have a 2013 f30 pwg n55 and I was wondering if you guys have a single turbo firmware for it so that the jb4 can control a Mac solenoid but not control anything else ?

2013 F30 335i ~ Eisenmann race exhaust, AFE Magnum cold air intake, Bigboost Stage 3.4 turbo, Forged internals, Wagner evo 2 FMIC, Dual CM5 meth, MMP PI, Fuel it stage 3 LPFP
(#687)
Old

Car: BMW 135i
Default 08-24-2020, 01:46 AM

Hi Terry please take a look here

car is running a hybrid turbo, logged on map 2... boost is coming in very late and laggy with bad throttle closure early on
Attached Files
File Type: csv P5_M2_R1_200824_101605.csv (15.8 KB, 20 views)