N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2701)
Old

Car: E88
Default 07-29-2020, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuehl
Dang, something odd is going on. A friend of mine and I were "early adopters" of version 18, he on an iOS and me on an Android device and besides having codes in the beginning neither of us are having any problems. Maybe try going back to version 17 and see if you still have issues with the bluetooth then try re-flashing ver 18. I have a PS2 and personally have been waiting for ver 18 since my upgrade. If you don't need/want the "adjustable" spool and don't get it working stick with ver 17. If you read thru the last few pages of this thread since ver 18 was released, others have had codes after the install but I believe they have worked thru it. When I flashed to ver 18 I didn't have to change anything including anything related to the bluetooth dongle.
I can't connect to the JB4 anymore. So can't do anything like flash it.

Bluetooth won't connect and I don't have a USB cable.

I wish I had a nearby option to borrow a bluetooth or USB cable to be able to connect.

-topless silver smilemobile
(#2702)
Old

Car: '12 135i
Default 07-29-2020, 10:08 AM

Duh, lol. If you were in the Seattle area I'd let you barrow the USB cable I have that I don't use.

Jim
'12 135i DCT N55 : FBO : PS2 : JB4 : MHD BEF
(#2703)
Old

Unhappy 07-29-2020, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuehl
Duh, lol. If you were in the Seattle area I'd let you barrow the USB cable I have that I don't use.
Awwww, thank you.

I'm scavenging cables and bits to see what I can put together to diagnose.

Such frustrating timing too. 2 weeks ago I just replaced all 6 injectors, did a top to bottom inspection and detailing to make sure all is perfect and she's been running fabulously.

Then in a flash.. wham. This is quite unexpected.

(#2704)
Old

Unhappy 07-29-2020, 12:58 PM

ooof what a mess.

cobbled bits together. re-soldered all pins on db9 connector

Got connected. now could flash and check things.

got 5_17_T5 flashed.

all started up with no codes.

Flashed 5_18, and CEL and womp womp codes ( 281A 281B 2C6F ) ... grrr.

flashed again, same.

I guess I am going back to 5_17 unless I find out why these codes are popping up on the new flash.

(#2705)
Old

Default 07-29-2020, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallicia
ooof what a mess.

cobbled bits together. re-soldered all pins on db9 connector

Got connected. now could flash and check things.

got 5_17_T5 flashed.

all started up with no codes.

Flashed 5_18, and CEL and womp womp codes ( 281A 281B 2C6F ) ... grrr.

flashed again, same.

I guess I am going back to 5_17 unless I find out why these codes are popping up on the new flash.
Good job getting it accessible! Were you able to clear the codes with the JB4? How did the car run with the codes? I had codes for the first couple of days that kept coming back even after clearing them but they "all of the sudden" stopped getting thrown. The car always ran fine even with the codes. Version 18 is worth the hassle of clearing codes for a few days if you want to fine tune your spool, if not then don't worry about it but user tune-ability to what the JB4 is all about in the first place.

Jim
(#2706)
Old

Default 07-29-2020, 04:43 PM

It runs terribly with the v18. horribly bad. Noxious smell at idle.

I wasn't even going to try to drive it.

I had to flash back to v17 and she's running perfectly again.

Why would this be?!

(#2707)
Old

Default 07-30-2020, 08:43 AM

Quote:

Why would this be?!
Honestly I have no idea what could cause that issue. I didn't have that experience, just the throwing the seemingly erroneous codes that eventually cleared up. After you flashed v18 did you re-save your current configuration from your mobile device to the JB4? If not try flashing v18 again then saving your current configuration, saving the config to you device first in case you need to make any changes for v18, so you can go back to v17 if needed. Other than that maybe email BMS directly for support detailing the issue you have and what you have tried.

Jim
(#2708)
Old

Car: 2013 E92 335i xDrive
Default 07-31-2020, 08:23 AM

Quote:

Why would this be?!
Are you running a 3.5 bar tmap? I have similar problems when I start after briefly turning the car off. I think it's the JB4 not converting the TMAP for some reason. It stranded me at a gas station for over an hour last weekend. Definitely going to move the power as suggested a couple pages ago.

2013 E92 335i XDrive
JB4, MHD E85 BEF, EOS PI, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP, XHP Stage 3, XDelete Sport, 3.5 Bar TMAP, VRSF 7 HD IC, GFB DV+, VRSF D/P, VRSF CP, PE Mod, ST V1 Suspension.
(#2709)
Old

Default 07-31-2020, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews013
Are you running a 3.5 bar tmap? I have similar problems when I start after briefly turning the car off. I think it's the JB4 not converting the TMAP for some reason. It stranded me at a gas station for over an hour last weekend. Definitely going to move the power as suggested a couple pages ago.
I did notice the same issue when I first installed the N20 TMAP (after the PS2 install) and set the MHD to use the N20 TMAP when using the JB4. Apparently when using the JB4 you don't want the MHD set to the N20 TMAP but you do on the JB4. Just remembered that thanks to Andrews post above.

Jim
(#2710)
Old

Car: E90 N55
Default 08-05-2020, 10:19 AM

Quick question!

I have the JB4 + BEF using MHD. I will finally be installing my “no *****” DP. What’s the best way to remove any codes? Is that through the JB4 app, MHD, or both? I do recall the MHD asking if there is a “no *****” DP but don’t recall anything on the JB4 end. Also, I am running map 5.

Thank you in advance. I know with software updates, some old threads become irrelevant.

Cheers

KENNETHAVERY.COM - Portland Real Estate

Wagner Evo 1 IC // Active Autowerke CP // JB4 + BEF // CAtuned Coilovers // E46 OE CSL Wheels // (AR D/P and PURE Stage 2 w/ wedge next!)
(#2711)
Old

Default 08-05-2020, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaper
Quick question!

I have the JB4 + BEF using MHD. I will finally be installing my no ***** DP. Whats the best way to remove any codes? Is that through the JB4 app, MHD, or both? I do recall the MHD asking if there is a no ***** DP but dont recall anything on the JB4 end. Also, I am running map 5.

Thank you in advance. I know with software updates, some old threads become irrelevant.

Cheers
I used to clear the codes using the JB4 whenever they appear however I bought a newer board a couple months ago and I haven't been getting the codes at all, and I have the same type of DP that you do. I also updated the version of firmware I am using so maybe that had something to do with it? I don't remember making any selections in MHD for a c4tl3ss DP.

Jim
(#2712)
Old

Car: 2013 bmw 335i
Default 08-11-2020, 05:46 PM

Installing my newly acquired Jb4. I have all the connectors connected but I have a single green, single black, and single brown wire left. Anyone know where they go or where I can find out?
(#2713)
Old

Default 08-12-2020, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylez777
Installing my newly acquired Jb4. I have all the connectors connected but I have a single green, single black, and single brown wire left. Anyone know where they go or where I can find out?
The brown and green wires are for the CAN and the black is ground. Here's the install guide: https://n54tech.com/instructions/n55_stage1.pdf

Jim
(#2714)
Old

Car: BMW E92 335i
Default 08-15-2020, 08:00 PM

Where can I post to get my logs reviewed?
(#2715)
Old

Default 08-17-2020, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSN
Where can I post to get my logs reviewed?
Just create a new thread in the support/log review sub-forum, and someone should give you feedback within a week.

Jim
(#2716)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 10-13-2020, 03:48 PM

My speedo only goes to 140 on the menu. Is that normal?
(#2717)
Old

Car: guess...
Default 10-13-2020, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches O Hoolihan
Mines done the same.
(#2718)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-14-2020, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patches O Hoolihan
We may only have 14 options on that version.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.