N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 535i
Default JB4 Mobile Bluetooth issues - 09-25-2020, 01:32 PM

Hey guys. I seem to have a major connectivity problem with my JB4. Typically, I can connect to the module upon starting the ignition, but after a few minutes of driving the gauges will all just freeze or stop responding. Once this happens, I force close the app and reopen. Typically it will connect again and be fine for the next few minutes until the gauges stop responding again. However, sometimes it will search for a JB4 module and I will have to close and reopen multiple times before it connects. On my 20 minute drive to work this morning. I had to close and reopen the app roughly 5 times.

Sometimes while driving, before the gauges stop responding they will max out and display red, showing that my values are too high. Other times they just stop reading.

When the gauges stop responding, the app still functions. I can still access other menus as well as continue logging. So I'm not sure what the problem is. I have checked the mounting position of the Bluetooth module and it seems to be mounted correctly and aimed directly at my center HVAC vents, where my phone is mounted.
Has anyone had this issue before or know a solution?

Checkout my YouTube channel, Like and Subscribe. I am trying to grow the channel so I can bring more F10 content.
Coming soon: MHD BEF, M-Sport Front Conversion, New Wheels, 6wb Cluster, fmic, Strut Bar..........
(#2)
Old

Default 09-28-2020, 06:48 AM

Anyone?

I'm also wondering if there is any correlation to the amount of devices connected to Bluetooth.

I have a IPhone 11 and typically when driving with the JB4 app, I am also streaming Bluetooth Audio and am connected to my Apple watch.

Checkout my YouTube channel, Like and Subscribe. I am trying to grow the channel so I can bring more F10 content.
Coming soon: MHD BEF, M-Sport Front Conversion, New Wheels, 6wb Cluster, fmic, Strut Bar..........
(#3)
Old

Car: BMW 320i MSport
Default 09-29-2020, 02:56 PM

Hi guys! I have the same issue and I was me a post about it and no solutions!
(#4)
Old

Default 10-02-2020, 07:03 AM

Bump!