N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2011 E93 N55 M sport
Question Help car going inti limp mode for over boost - 09-09-2020, 07:13 PM

hi I'm a newbie so I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.
I have a 2011 E93 Msport with the N55
I'm mostly stock but for metal charge pipe jb4 and BMS intake my VRSF dp is waiting to be installed next is the FMIC I installed the jb4 harness A about 3 weeks ago. I use map 1 but mostly map5 the install went pretty easy and I already double checked all the connections for the jb4. it always seemed a little goofy But after changing the settings back to default from using the 1st page of the jb4 post install guide. but my issue seems to be getting worst it goes into limp mode but with loss power if I do more then a mild throttle push once in a while it seems like the power from the turbo is going back and forth I can feel it pretty strong if I punch it not sure if its a misfire or knocking or something else. this is my first turbo bmw so it could be that. I can see the errors in jb4 on my pc it gave me error code 1 a few times and error code 2 a few times here are some logs in 3rd gear wot from about 1900 rpm to redline and end in 4th the 3rd file is a AFR code.
Attached Files
File Type: csv big issue 9;9.csv (6.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: csv big issue 2.csv (9.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: csv arf issue.csv (6.0 KB, 13 views)
(#2)
Old

Default Did Jb4 kill my transmission? - 09-13-2020, 05:24 PM

After my car was giving me issues with the jb4 I switched to map 4 . I no longer had any issues.

On Friday afternoon on my way home from work. I decided to pass a car and dropped it into 4th gear doing About 80mpg
It acted really strange like I put into 1st gear so just before it redline I took foot off gas and pushed back the clutch engine stalled so I tried putting it back into 4th to restart the motor but it didn't. So I had to pull over as i did i noticed the smell of burning transmission fluid. I tried to restart a few times but all I got was a small sound from the starter to me it sounds like something is keeping it from moving but it tries. I tried scanning for codes on both the jb4 pc app and the protool from bimmergeeks and torque pro but no codes. Any idea would be very helpful. I miss driving it already
(#3)
Old

Default 09-16-2020, 06:38 PM

Well after hearing back from my local BMW dealership my Service advisor informed me that my n55 seized and had metal shavings in the oil. Told me its destroyed. So I told them about my extended warranty for route 66 I'll hear back I guess tomorrow so see if they will pay the $23k to replace it or if they pay me the the value of it. I'm hoping for a new motor but maybe I'm taking my chances with the transmission or electronics what do you guys think?