N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2008 Bmw e90 n54
Exclamation Having issues with my dean & Thor wifi adapter - 08-17-2020, 02:13 PM

So I flashed my car years ago with no issues with an old android phone that worked well. I was able to flash my transmission and load a MHD flash and import a BEF from my tuner. The car was amazing...

Fast forward 3 years later. I installed new hybrid turbos. recieved my BEF from my tuner. reinstalled MHD/XHP on my NEW phone (old phone got sent back to phone company during upgrade)

I load up XHP buy the license to flash and the map packs.

I try using my old DCANN cable and it wont connect.

I try using my buddies DCANN cable...it wont connect

I buy another new dcann cable online from ecs...doesn't work.

I email bimmergeeks and have them ship me the new Thor wifi adapter because they said it needs specific TCU functions...Okay no problem...I buy it. This time it connects...I'm getting exited...

but then it fails. The car is able to be identified. It gives me the warning screen that the car is going to begin flashing...and then I get a "could not establish a connection to your vehicle"

I've tried unplugging the dcanns//wifi adapter hundred of times. I tried turning the car off. closing the door. setting the alarm. unlocking the doors. getting back in. pressing the ignition button. plugging the cable in. and loading the app..

I've pretty much tried everything...and cannot get this thing to flash at all.

Will anyone try to give me some advice?

(before you begin to grill me. yes the car is in the IGNITION mode, Yes I have quality dcann and wifi adapters. Yes I'm following the processes...I just cant get it to flashhhhhhhh)

Whoever helps. I will Venmo $50 for your brainwork.

the car is hooked up to my jb4 which works perfectly fine if I didn't add that in yet.

LET THE COMMENTS BEGIN!
(#2)
Old

Car: 2008 Bmw e90 n54
Default 08-17-2020, 02:22 PM

Also, Yes I'm in airplane mode on my phone and my car is connected to a battery charging unit.