N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: BMW M4
Default New to JB4 - S55 Blue Wire Question - 05-19-2020, 06:07 PM

Hi all

it looks like a great informative community you have here and I'm hoping to tap in to it please.

I have done numerous searches to check if this question has been asked before but did not get any conclusive results. apologies in advance and I'm prepared to get flamed if its an obvious answer.

I've just picked up this JB4 on the used market for my 2014 completely stock M4 and I'm trying to find out what the blue wire is for that is circled in the photo. I did read somewhere that its possibly for the bluetooth connection but then also read that you connect to one of the red wires for that.

thanks in advance
Richard

Last edited by guile; 05-19-2020 at 07:22 PM..
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-21-2020, 12:16 AM

Blue wire most likely from an FSB.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 05-21-2020, 02:54 AM

thanks for the reply mate, the person I bought it from said the wire was always like that and they just taped the end to prevent corrosion.

do you know if the JB4 came from the factory with that loose wire or someone has added for a failsafe box (presumably for water meth?)

the install instruction state the following but I can't see anything about the blue wire when I watch the video:

"Note some older JB4 mobile adapters have a separate blue wire which will need to be attached to the JB4 harness via a posi- tap, refer to the video on the JB4 Mobile adapter page for additional directions.
This video shows how to take apart the JB4 enclosure and plug in the adapter, and for those models that require it, how to attach the posi-tap to the loose blue wire: https://youtu.be/Q6NvtItTrUg"
(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-29-2020, 01:43 PM

If you open the shell up and see where the wire is going to we can tell you.

Either way, doesn't do affect anything right now.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 06-05-2020, 03:25 AM

thanks mate, due to COVID and border restrictions I can't even get to my car at the moment but I'll check it when I get back. thanks again.