JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: Veloster N DCT
Default Using JB4 & ECU tune - 06-14-2021, 01:29 PM

How would I go about using a jb4 with bms meth kit & ecu tune.
I want to use the jb4 as a meth controller pretty much.
(#2)
Old

Car: 2020 Kia Forte GT
Default 06-14-2021, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8speednate
How would I go about using a jb4 with bms meth kit & ecu tune.
I want to use the jb4 as a meth controller pretty much.
That is called a stacked tune. As far as I know only N75 Motorsports is offering that currently.

The big benefit is reducing the torque limits in PCM which will smooth out the powerband even more. It allows the JB4 to work better and it's much more than WMI; it's also a boost controller. If you were to upgrade to the Pure Turbo stock style upgrade you could run higher boost than a flash tune would allow since they could really only tune it one way or another, IE a compromise.

They can improve cam timing something else the JB4 doesn't have control over. Also lean the base mixture out more so the JB4 does less of a correction with water methanol injection, WMI works best around 12.5:1 but it's engine dependant, generally that across the board.

2020 Kia Forte GT
6 Speed Manual
JB4+Bluetooth Connect
Burger Motorsports Water Methanol (45/55 mix)
Whiteline Springs

13.77@103
Map 7, E30+WMI, Hoosier Drag Radials
E85 Station Locator (US Only)
(#3)
Old

Car: 2019 AWDGT2
Default 06-15-2021, 06:31 AM

There are several ECU's available. You can basically stack any of them with the JB. The JB doesn't care. Lap3, Tork, lozic, sxth. All ECU's that you can run the JB on top of no issues!
(#4)
Old

Default 06-15-2021, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDGT2
There are several ECU's available. You can basically stack any of them with the JB. The JB doesn't care. Lap3, Tork, lozic, sxth. All ECU's that you can run the JB on top of no issues!
Yes and no, Tork has designed a specific tune to work with the JB4 reluctantly because he's still anti-piggyback.

As far as I know maybe one other tuner is offering that. Burger would offer the flash upgrade for free if you had low cost software like MHD for BMW's.

Bitbox isn't super expensive but the software isn't all that easy to understand and only a small minority of people are interested in that. Frankly they would need to learn more than that to make their car go fast before getting a back end flash.

You are right that any basic flash will work with any of the piggybacks. All but the JB4 lack logging capabilities and since you would need the OBD-II adapter and Bitbox software to log that way, the JB4 is far easier to work with.

2020 Kia Forte GT
6 Speed Manual
JB4+Bluetooth Connect
Whiteline Springs

13.77@103
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-15-2021, 10:42 AM

Best way to start is by setting map6 boost values to 0, setting meth trigger = 1 so meth flows on all maps, and evaluating map6. Based on the data we can determine what needs to be done to boost, EWG, fuel mapping, etc, based on your specific flash map and conditions.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#6)
Old

Car: 2019 Veloster turbo
Default 06-15-2021, 04:39 PM

What are the default setting for duty bias /fuel bias on map 6 and would we still use the fuel control wire with a flash tune?

I'm getting flashed tomorrow and just want to be prepared and eliminate any possible issues.
(#7)
Old

Default 06-16-2021, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Ripper
What are the default setting for duty bias /fuel bias on map 6 and would we still use the fuel control wire with a flash tune?

I'm getting flashed tomorrow and just want to be prepared and eliminate any possible issues.
First log the flash (Map 0).

Then upload that to the forum.

2020 Kia Forte GT
6 Speed Manual
JB4+Bluetooth Connect
Whiteline Springs

13.77@103
(#8)
Old

Default 06-16-2021, 07:55 PM

Her is the n75 tune. I will get better logs later. Holy **** it rips. And the msd coils cleaned up my ignition problem.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M0_R10_210616_2011.csv (43.0 KB, 65 views)
(#9)
Old

Default 06-17-2021, 07:10 AM

Myself and a few others have a sxth ECU, I'm helping another tune a Lozic ECU and he has CPI. All of us use the JB for logging, added boost, and meth (CPI) control. Map3 has an ECU but they also supply a piggyback to complement their own ECU to add boost and meth so they are really off the table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djfourmonie
Yes and no, Tork has designed a specific tune to work with the JB4 reluctantly because he's still anti-piggyback.

As far as I know maybe one other tuner is offering that. Burger would offer the flash upgrade for free if you had low cost software like MHD for BMW's.

Bitbox isn't super expensive but the software isn't all that easy to understand and only a small minority of people are interested in that. Frankly they would need to learn more than that to make their car go fast before getting a back end flash.

You are right that any basic flash will work with any of the piggybacks. All but the JB4 lack logging capabilities and since you would need the OBD-II adapter and Bitbox software to log that way, the JB4 is far easier to work with.
(#10)
Old

Default 06-17-2021, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Her is the n75 tune. I will get better logs later. Holy **** it rips. And the msd coils cleaned up my ignition problem.
Other than it looks like you couldn't get a clear run (max rpm 6440).

Typical gasoline tune. The real question is what happens when the JB4 command more boost?

Looks like if you can hold 25 psi across the board the car will

Especially if we can get WMI to stop knocking down ignition advance early in the powerband.

2020 Kia Forte GT
6 Speed Manual
JB4+Bluetooth Connect
Whiteline Springs

13.77@103
(#11)
Old

Default 06-17-2021, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDGT2
Myself and a few others have a sxth ECU, I'm helping another tune a Lozic ECU and he has CPI. All of us use the JB for logging, added boost, and meth (CPI) control. Map3 has an ECU but they also supply a piggyback to complement their own ECU to add boost and meth so they are really off the table.
I think you mean Lap3 but I get your point. I am aware of the Stinger community being ahead of the 4 cylinder community when it comes to backend flashes.

I've been reading lots of threads where George has helped people with their Map 6 tunes on GTI's/R's.

2020 Kia Forte GT
6 Speed Manual
JB4+Bluetooth Connect
Whiteline Springs

13.77@103
(#12)
Old

Default 06-17-2021, 08:02 AM

Ahh, I get it... Duh, he's not a 3.3. My bad
(#13)
Old

Default 06-17-2021, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djfourmonie
Other than it looks like you couldn't get a clear run (max rpm 6440).

Typical gasoline tune. The real question is what happens when the JB4 command more boost?

Looks like if you can hold 25 psi across the board the car will

Especially if we can get WMI to stop knocking down ignition advance early in the powerband.
Yeah that's the shift point for dct (6400).
And the tune is for meth.

Do I still use the fuel control wire on map 6?
Do I enable bit 6 for running a flash when using map6?
I could dial in a little boost up top with map 6
I am gong to try e30 next
(#14)
Old

Default 06-17-2021, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Yeah that's the shift point for dct (6400).
And the tune is for meth.

Do I still use the fuel control wire on map 6?
Do I enable bit 6 for running a flash when using map6?
I could dial in a little boost up top with map 6
I am gong to try e30 next
Yes keep everything like it's connected currently.

I don't know about bit settings, I'll will defer to Steve or Terry on that.

Read this and email George - JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion | GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum

2020 Kia Forte GT
6 Speed Manual
JB4+Bluetooth Connect
Whiteline Springs

13.77@103