JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#3626)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT2 3.3TT
Default 09-08-2020, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sym
Default Wastegate Position.

It's a misnomer in this context because Terry just used the DWP setting box as a place to enter the new setting. Now that you brought it up this parameter does need a proper (cool) name.
Hm. Well, then what does it actually affect? LOL

2018 GT2 AWD
(#3627)
Old

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Default Misfiring? - 09-08-2020, 06:06 PM

I've had a couple hiccups transitioning to e30. I was running e30 on Map3 and blew a spark plug Denso 5346 a couple months ago. I changed my plugs to Denso 5347 and am having the same issue. It feels like my car is misfiring at high RPMs both on Map2 and Map3 with e30. Any suggestions?
Mods include: FuelIt, ADDW1 OCC, Injen CAI, Ark down *****, MBRP catback
I'm at 5,000 above sea level and highest octane is 91. First log is Map2 and second is Map3.
Attached Images

(#3628)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-08-2020, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stung
Hm. Well, then what does it actually affect? LOL
Not going to share that information yet, makes it harder for Lap3 to copy it like they do every other JB4 innovation.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3629)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-08-2020, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT2Crew
I've had a couple hiccups transitioning to e30. I was running e30 on Map3 and blew a spark plug Denso 5346 a couple months ago. I changed my plugs to Denso 5347 and am having the same issue. It feels like my car is misfiring at high RPMs both on Map2 and Map3 with e30. Any suggestions?
Mods include: FuelIt, ADDW1 OCC, Injen CAI, Ark down *****, MBRP catback
I'm at 5,000 above sea level and highest octane is 91. First log is Map2 and second is Map3.
Would need the CSV for any tuning advice

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3630)
Old

Default 09-08-2020, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Would need the CSV for any tuning advice
Thank you
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R1_200908_162428.csv (12.1 KB, 128 views)
File Type: csv P21_M3_R1_200908_162547.csv (10.4 KB, 139 views)
(#3631)
Old

Default 09-09-2020, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Not going to share that information yet, makes it harder for Lap3 to copy it like they do every other JB4 innovation.
LOL Understood!

2018 GT2 AWD
(#3632)
Old

Car: Genesis G70 3.3T
Talking 09-09-2020, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Now that's funny... There is no competition to JB4. Y'all are best from constant updates to excellent customer support when their is issues.

LapWho?
(#3633)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT
Default 09-09-2020, 09:01 AM

Ok, so i recorded some logs with V21 DWP setting to 90. I will post them in a few.

What i noticed my exhaust would pop when i shifted and when decelerating it would burble more... I have primary ********* (no cats) resonators, and exhaust cutouts before the mufflers. Reverted back to 0 since the car felt as it was running rougher and not as smooth as before.

Terry is this something to expect?

Logs i took were some pulls, but did not want to drive it super hard being unsure on what it would do.
(#3634)
Old

Default 09-09-2020, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays_stinger
Ok, so i recorded some logs with V21 DWP setting to 90. I will post them in a few.

What i noticed my exhaust would pop when i shifted and when decelerating it would burble more... I have primary ********* (no cats) resonators, and exhaust cutouts before the mufflers. Reverted back to 0 since the car felt as it was running rougher and not as smooth as before.

Terry is this something to expect?

Logs i took were some pulls, but did not want to drive it super hard being unsure on what it would do.

Here are 2 logs.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R1_200908_173749.csv (12.5 KB, 135 views)
File Type: csv P21_M2_R1_200908_173213.csv (34.1 KB, 138 views)
(#3635)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-09-2020, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT2Crew
Thank you
I see fuel pressure starting to drop a bit, update to v21 firmware and re-log map3 for comparison's sake.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#3636)
Old

Car: Genesis G70 3.3T
Default 09-09-2020, 06:18 PM

Quote:
No additional information to provide other than what we posted in the firmware. We've noticed a slight surge especially when cold at higher levels so we'll be correcting that before moving it out of alpha, but looking fro general feedback on how pedal response feels at various DWP settings.
G70 3.3T - E30 Blend - Map 5 V21T1 - Denso 2 Step Colder Gapped - CAI - Ram Air - *** Back Exhaust

I didn't really notice too much difference playing with the DWG Settings. I will say the car feels extremely fast, the throttle is punchy and the exhaust is more burbly. The difference between DWG 0 and any other option seems more placebo to me. If I had to pick one of the values I liked it would be 60. I will say V19 to V21 definitely feels a lot better as well, but that may also seem to be placebo.

One thing that did strike me as positive(ish) was the shifts seemed harsher/faster, but not 100% sure.

Overall, the car feels very racecar like and is quite enjoyable.

Attached is a log 60-130 wide open with DWG at 60.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M5_R1_200909_2031.csv (22.9 KB, 142 views)
(#3637)
Old

Default 09-09-2020, 06:38 PM

Quote:
I see fuel pressure starting to drop a bit, update to v21 firmware and re-log map3 for comparison's sake.
Done. Here are a couple logs on Map3 with v21 firmware. Thank you.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M3_R1_200909_191736.csv (16.7 KB, 136 views)
File Type: csv P21_M3_R1_200909_191951.csv (11.4 KB, 135 views)
(#3638)
Old

Default 09-09-2020, 08:32 PM

First thing I noticed was the difference in my exhaust. It would burble more and get some pops at high rpm shifts. Sounded really nice.

I'm wanting to know how safe this is with adjusting a these settings.
V21

Primary *********, mid *** deletes, resonators, and exhaust cutouts, with mufflers. Map 2 E30 blend. EWG ff50
(#3639)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-10-2020, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlooF
G70 3.3T - E30 Blend - Map 5 V21T1 - Denso 2 Step Colder Gapped - CAI - Ram Air - *** Back Exhaust

I didn't really notice too much difference playing with the DWG Settings. I will say the car feels extremely fast, the throttle is punchy and the exhaust is more burbly. The difference between DWG 0 and any other option seems more placebo to me. If I had to pick one of the values I liked it would be 60. I will say V19 to V21 definitely feels a lot better as well, but that may also seem to be placebo.

One thing that did strike me as positive(ish) was the shifts seemed harsher/faster, but not 100% sure.

Overall, the car feels very racecar like and is quite enjoyable.

Attached is a log 60-130 wide open with DWG at 60.
Log looks clean to me!

The DWP setting won't show up at full throttle or in logs. It's just a pedal feel sort of thing. So run whatever setting feels best or if they all feel the same DWP = 0 to disable is fine too.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#3640)
Old

Car: Stinger gt 3.3T
Default 09-10-2020, 10:40 AM

Hello Terry

I have a question.
if the fuel pressure drops with Map 5, won't it drop even further with WMI?
(#3641)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-10-2020, 12:39 PM

WMI increases fuel volume and solves most fuel pressure issues.

Burger Motorsports

(#3642)
Old

Default 09-10-2020, 12:42 PM

Quote:
WMI increases fuel volume and solves most fuel pressure issues.
Okay thanks!!!
(#3643)
Old

Default 09-10-2020, 12:44 PM

Okay thanks.
What is the price for a complete Set for a Stinger?
(#3644)
Old

Car: Stinger 3.3T
Default 09-10-2020, 03:23 PM

bit3 - Turn on for slow speed CANbus, useful for some older models.

Hi Terry, when is bit3 useful since I have an older model.

JB4 - Denso 5346 - Mishimoto IC - AEM Intake - VT Snorkels - Snow WMI - NGT Primaries - JUN BL Mid-pipe w/200cell HFCs & EVC c@t-back - Radium OCC x2
(#3645)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-10-2020, 04:02 PM

We've needed that setting on a couple 2011-2015 models.

Burger Motorsports

(#3646)
Old

Default 09-10-2020, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boelli134
Okay thanks.
What is the price for a complete Set for a Stinger?
From the web store: https://burgertuning.com/collections...-injection-kit

2018 GT2 AWD
(#3647)
Old

Car: G80 Sport 2018
Default Tested Firmware 21 - 09-11-2020, 11:58 AM

Can you check out these logs? I had a hard time upgrading this firmware, including having the app stating that there was no firmware on the device after two failed attempts. Unfortunately, I had to move the car 20 feet while it was like this. Finally got it to succeed by placing the phone right on the Jb4.

I only use map 2, so that's what I tested with. And, something feels off. Didn't feel as peppy as it usually does (I had just done some errands before trying this and the car was feeling quicker). The other thing is that when I pressed the pedal, on the first drive after, it felt lagging. And then, about half a second later, I would feel a hit, kind of like the transmission suddenly falling in gear. This happened a few times, so I parked the car, turned everything off and then restarted, and that stopped. Might have been because of the recent upgrade. But the acceleration still felt different. I'll go test again later, as I suspect I need to drive it a bit more with the new map.

Edit - is it possible for the ECU computer, because of the confusion caused by turning on the car without a firmware loaded, to over boost? If I look at all my lgos, and compare to the one at 2:06, the ecu_Boost went up to 17.7 , whereas in all other logs, that was maxed at 14.5. The target boost went up to 22.1, higher than any other log.. just odd.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R5_200911_1406.csv (411.4 KB, 129 views)
File Type: csv P21_M2_R1_200911_1421.csv (192.1 KB, 131 views)

Last edited by danalmsa; 09-11-2020 at 12:32 PM..
(#3648)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger
Default 09-11-2020, 12:14 PM

Quote:
There is minimal tuning benefit on the 1.6L models so for now we only suggest connecting them if you plan to run E85 mixtures or WMI.
Any benefit from fuel wire for stinger 2L with out E85 or WMI?
(#3649)
Old

Car: 2020 Kia Forte GT
Default 09-11-2020, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosaad
Any benefit from fuel wire for stinger 2L with out E85 or WMI?
Connect the fuel wire on all Kia/Hyundai JB4 connected cars.

It benefits all of the cars since they run rich as RPM increases under boost.

It puts the AFR at around 11.8 which is better than 10.8...
(#3650)
Old

Car: hyundai elantra sport 1.6T
Default 09-11-2020, 04:32 PM

quick question for any on here and terry haha. any 1.6 guys put th v21 update on and what did everyone set the DWP to that worked best ? im also located in eastern canada if that makes a difference, thanks!!
1.6 elantra sport tech
mods : Intake, strait pipe ( minus stock DP and res ), hks plugs, 5w40 motul oil, pierburg ebcs

Last edited by mcdonaldls15; 09-11-2020 at 04:33 PM.. Reason: added new info