JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: 2007 335i FBO stock turbos
Default 05-30-2019, 08:06 AM

Try setting it to 80 and see how it runs.

1/4mile 11.8@117.96 19psi
07 E92 335i (the Alpträum) | Alpine wht/ Seibon carbon hood/ trunk| M parallel wheels| street tires
FBO| modified oem airbox lid w/K&N drop-in| stock turbos/ stock inlets| Walbro 465lph LPFP| Jb4/mhd backend flash| Map 6 w/E60 No Meth| Built and tuned by me.
(#27)
Old

Car: 2013 335is 6MT
Default 05-30-2019, 08:10 AM

Should I try it with 93 and pump flash just to see how it's running on that first? Or go back to the race flash with e85?
(#28)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 05-30-2019, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyoooooo
Should I try it with 93 and pump flash just to see how it's running on that first? Or go back to the race flash with e85?
Set to 80 & relog

Keep flash same for now

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#29)
Old

Default 05-30-2019, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Set to 80 & relog

Keep flash same for now
I have the pump flash and 93 in the tank now. So keep it on that and log in map 5, 2? Or by the same flash do you mean go back to race and e85? Just wanted to make sure were on the same page.
(#30)
Old

Default 05-30-2019, 09:21 AM

Quote:
I have the pump flash and 93 in the tank now. So keep it on that and log in map 5, 2? Or by the same flash do you mean go back to race and e85? Just wanted to make sure were on the same page.
Don’t change anything but the FOL.

07 E92 335i (the Alpträum) | Alpine wht/ Seibon carbon hood/ trunk| M parallel wheels| street tires
FBO| modified oem airbox lid w/K&N drop-in| stock turbos/ stock inlets| Walbro 465lph LPFP| Jb4/mhd backend flash| Map 6 w/E60 No Meth| Built and tuned by me.
(#31)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-30-2019, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Just change FOL leave rest as is

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#32)
Old

Default 05-30-2019, 12:54 PM

Alright thanks guys, will do. I will get a new log on Saturday when I change the oil. Want to keep it easy since I'm about 8500 into my last oil change. Will report back once I get that.
(#33)
Old

Default 05-30-2019, 03:51 PM

I wound up taking a log...

93 gas
Pump flash
Feels fine between shifts now and not dropping to map 4. Also not getting fuel mixture control and fuel mixture control 2 codes anymore.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-05-30 18_33_20_Map-5 ().csv (24.6 KB, 117 views)

Last edited by mikeyoooooo; 05-30-2019 at 07:10 PM..
(#34)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-31-2019, 12:23 AM

Quote:
I wound up taking a log...

93 gas
Pump flash
Feels fine between shifts now and not dropping to map 4. Also not getting fuel mixture control and fuel mixture control 2 codes anymore.
Overall looks ok!

You aren’t getting the mixture controls, looks like your trims are a lot cleaner

Burger Motorsports

(#35)
Old

Default 05-31-2019, 04:36 AM

So would you say it’s safe to say it’s not a hardware issue and more on the tuning side?

I’ll put some e85 back in the tank and load the e85 flash and do a log on map 1 and see where we’re at?
(#36)
Old

Default 05-31-2019, 05:48 AM

Quote:
So would you say it’s safe to say it’s not a hardware issue and more on the tuning side?

I’ll put some e85 back in the tank and load the e85 flash and do a log on map 1 and see where we’re at?
Yes, I think you were maxing out your fuel scalar.

There’s a lot to learn about dialing in/fine tuning your JB4.
Often times I see people start throwing parts at their cars, or complain about how unstable the device is because they don’t know how to tune it right.
If you do your research and learn your way around it you will make impressive power with proper safety features.
I’m glad we could help you to figure it out.
When running high ethanol content you may have to adjust your FOL a little bit higher - only if your AFR is too lean, normally Around 85 for E60-85.
Dial it in and enjoy

(#37)
Old

Default 05-31-2019, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiN54
Yes, I think you were maxing out your fuel scalar.

There’s a lot to learn about dialing in/fine tuning your JB4.
Often times I see people start throwing parts at their cars, or complain about how unstable the device is because they don’t know how to tune it right.
If you do your research and learn your way around it you will make impressive power with proper safety features.
I’m glad we could help you to figure it out.
When running high ethanol content you may have to adjust your FOL a little bit higher - only if your AFR is too lean, normally Around 85 for E60-85.
Dial it in and enjoy
Well this is great news. Will put some e85 back in the tank and load the e85 flash and see how it does in map 2 and go from there.

I'm still new to this whole tuning thing and don't know very much trying to research and learn as much as a can. Just happy at this point I don't have to replace any hardware. Thank for helping out, really appreciate the help. Will get some more logs once I get e85 back in the tank.

Last edited by mikeyoooooo; 05-31-2019 at 07:26 AM..
(#38)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-01-2019, 01:27 PM

sounds good- just make sure you measure ethanol content at the pump (don't just assume is full e85) and mix your fuel accordingly

Burger Motorsports

(#39)
Old

Default 06-01-2019, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
sounds good- just make sure you measure ethanol content at the pump (don't just assume is full e85) and mix your fuel accordingly
I don't have the proper tools to do so right now but will be ordering an ethanol sensor with fuel line from your guys shortly.

I put in 9 gallons e85 and 7 gallons 93. Took a log in map 2, e85 flash. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

This was my first WOT pull since putting in e85 so not sure if it needs time to mix or adjust to it, just a fyi.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-06-01 16_27_13_Map-2 ().csv (16.3 KB, 118 views)

Last edited by mikeyoooooo; 06-01-2019 at 03:24 PM..
(#40)
Old

Default 06-01-2019, 02:21 PM

I know 2nd gear logs are too short but I wasn’t able to get another 3rd. Looks like avg ign came down just thought I’d mention.

Also the car isn’t dropping into map 4 anymore. Car feels great, pulling hard and feels smooth! Avg ign seems to be solid at 0.9.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-06-01 17_01_23_Map-2 () 1.csv (7.9 KB, 123 views)

Last edited by mikeyoooooo; 06-01-2019 at 04:15 PM..
(#41)
Old

Default 06-01-2019, 04:47 PM

One more 3rd gear.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-06-01 19_38_49_Map-2 ().csv (12.1 KB, 117 views)
(#42)
Old

Default 06-01-2019, 08:42 PM

Quote:
One more 3rd gear.
This looks like a clean log to me, everything seem within the correct range.
Timing is good and even across the board which is one of the most important things to watch.
Seems like you're ready to deliver some gaps.

(#43)
Old

Default 06-02-2019, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiN54
This looks like a clean log to me, everything seem within the correct range.
Timing is good and even across the board which is one of the most important things to watch.
Seems like you're ready to deliver some gaps.
Awesome I was thinking the same thing!! Thanks for checking it out. Think I should try map 7 to see where I’m at or map 5 first?
(#44)
Old

Default 06-02-2019, 08:06 AM

You can run map 7 when want to get the extra ponies but I will advise against running it permanently.
Map 7 is really aggressive throughout the rpm curve and your stock turbos can’t handle the abuse for too long.
Make a custom map 6 with proper boost-tapering and you can have fun with that. Whenever you need the kill map you can go to 7.

(#45)
Old

Default 06-02-2019, 09:32 AM

Gotcha, thanks. Sounds like I have some research to do and get an ethanol sensor. I’ll stay with map 2 for now but def will transition to map 6 shortly. The car feels really good where it is now but wouldn’t mind to get a little more power by pushing the turbos close to their limit without compromising the life too much. What do you think about copying the map 2 boost targets and just up the psi by 1 across the board and go from there?
(#46)
Old

Default 06-02-2019, 03:57 PM

Check your PM I sent you a pretty decent map 6 setting with nice tapering. You need minimum 55% ethanol for that mapping in order to get a clean timing curve/ power delivery.
You can daily map 5 for now until you can accurately mix your fuel.
Map 5 will auto-adjust to whatever octane you are running and other variables to give you the most power without compromising your motor.

(#47)
Old

Default 06-02-2019, 04:36 PM

Awesome, thank you man! Will definitely give this a shot once I have the appropriate hardware. I'll give map 5 a shot and see how it is. Really appreciate all the help, this forum is great.

Question about the ethanol sensor. Might be a question for Dave or if anyone else knows. Does Fuel-It have an ethanol sensor that can work with the stock fuel line? I didn't see anything on their site. Or is it recommended to upgrade the fuel line while doing it? It looks pretty damn easy to swap out the fuel line but I'd rather not have to crawl under the car it's a pita.
(#48)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-03-2019, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Awesome, thank you man! Will definitely give this a shot once I have the appropriate hardware. I'll give map 5 a shot and see how it is. Really appreciate all the help, this forum is great.

Question about the ethanol sensor. Might be a question for Dave or if anyone else knows. Does Fuel-It have an ethanol sensor that can work with the stock fuel line? I didn't see anything on their site. Or is it recommended to upgrade the fuel line while doing it? It looks pretty damn easy to swap out the fuel line but I'd rather not have to crawl under the car it's a pita.
You can use with the stock line- youd just need to plumb yourself/ risk ruining the stock line if you mess up.

Your map 2 log- looked solid- imo you can run 5 or 7 - Assuming logs look clean.

Burger Motorsports

(#49)
Old

Default 06-03-2019, 08:12 PM

To plumb the fuel like sounds like even more of a pita! I'll just get your kit with the fuel line.

Thanks again to both you and ManiN54 for getting my car running the best it's ever been!
(#50)
Old

Thumbs up 06-04-2019, 11:58 AM

Quote:

Thanks again to both you and ManiN54 for getting my car running the best it's ever been!