N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i
Default Make sure Im ready for the next step on my build - 03-01-2015, 04:48 PM

Ok, I first off want to thank Steve J for all his help! If it wasn't for him I would of got this far. I am extremely thankful for him and all his help but Im feel I wore out my welcome with my emails trying to figure this out and would like to see some other opinions

Im brand new to this game and its a foreign language to me.

My specs are JB4, 3" ********* *********, 2.5" ETS exhaust, 5" ETS FMIC, ETS CP with Tial BOV, Stage 2 LPFP, ETS DCI.

Goals: Not a daily driver, maybe 50 miles max a month. I dont drive it hard but Im not building it to be non aggressive. Ill probably run some 1/4's to see what Im looking at when Im done. Other than that just a project car.

Fuel: I would like to run a blend of E85 at around 50- 60%% Would this entail the BMS E85 Race Flash?

Questions
1. What else needs to be done engine wise? More Fuel system Upgrades, etc..? I have no idea really.

2. What Flashes would you guys recommend. Steve told me the E85 Race Flash. I would like to get my hands on the tranny flash as well. I do have the paddles though, I dont know if this makes a difference.

3. Are there any shops that you guys can recommend that will take care of the flashes and a protune In washington state or Oregon? I would gladly pay to have this professionally set up (tried speedfactory, English Tuning and a few others, Ha I even Tried Cobb) Nobody will touch it.

I ordered a laptop so I can try doing this myself but I really dont want to blow the engine.

Any help would be so much appreciated. If there is anyone in Washington State that could help me figure the scientific part out Im willing to pay.

FRAT and Sorry
Jared

I would like to run a blend of E85 at around 50% Would this entail the BMS E85 Race Flash?
(#2)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 03-01-2015, 05:14 PM

looks like your all ready for VTT Stage 2+ turbos... i got some BNIB for sale if you are interested!
let me know

Coming soon.
(#3)
Old

Default 03-01-2015, 05:24 PM

This is just updated turbos? How much and if I updated turbos what else would I have update?
(#4)
Old

Default 03-01-2015, 05:25 PM

Im also getting a lot of emission codes popping after my exhaust install. The vacuum hose of the factory set I just plugged? But Im sure this is due to the CTless DP's? Steve said there is a delete code I can run
(#5)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 03-01-2015, 06:51 PM

Use auto delete function in jb4 for code delete, you will need a BT cable for flashing also.
(#6)
Old

Default 03-01-2015, 08:05 PM

So The BT cable is different than the usb cable?
(#7)
Old

Default 03-01-2015, 08:07 PM

Does BMS have this "BT cable"? If so I'll order it tomorrow morning. Thank you
(#8)
Old

Car: 2009 BMW 335i
Default 03-01-2015, 11:13 PM

yes bms has the cable, you can also look into meth or port injection as well to help out with the e85. for the trans flash i run the alpina b3 flash (i also have paddle shifters they work fine). if you update turbos you dont really need to update anything else but you can get tft intakes to help the turbos breath a little better. to do the trans flash your self you need the inpa cable and hit up ***** performance to remote load it for you, if you cant find a shop to do it. last but not least a lsd will help with tracking the car, if your still on run flats get rid of them you will notice a big difference in that alone

2009 BMW 335I with: MHD/Haltech,
precision 6870 turbo, jp Workz header,
Wagner EVO II intercooler,HKS exhaust with cutouts, stage 3 lpfp, wavtech lsd, eospeed intake manifold with fuel return and 60lb injectors
(#9)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 03-02-2015, 12:54 AM

^what he said right above but a few things
1. Don't bother with meth if your running over E30 its not worth it.
2. The stage 2+ turbos are very nice if you have $$$ to spend its a great upgrade, a whole new level of power could be overkill for you
3.Your fuel system should be good to go. You should do spark plugs if you haven't done them recently.
4. Get a INPA cable and contact *****performance soon, Alpina flash isn't just faster shifts it also holds the power better. Be cautious of his ECU tuning there's mixed reviews and he's a newcomer, JB4 with E85 back end flash is what you want. (Back end flash needs BT cable)
5. If you road track the car or do very spirited backroad driving a LSD really transforms the car.
(#10)
Old

Default 03-02-2015, 05:40 AM

BT Cable with 1 VIN is all I need correct?

1.- TFT intakes?
2. inpa cable? Where can I get his?
3. LSD? Limited slip differential, correct?
4.- Replace stockplugs to any particular brand? Bosch?

Its crazy to me that nobody up here in Washington Protunes these cars. Sounds like money to be made. But then again maybe not.

Okay once I get the answers to these question Ill order these cables, spark plugs and contact ***** performance.

Upgraded Turbos come in a few months Im going to be working a lot of OT.

Thank you guys, much appreciated.

Does anybody have contact info for Ken at *****Performance?

Last edited by Viorage; 03-02-2015 at 06:42 AM..
(#11)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 535i Sport
Send a message via Yahoo to Ocean
Default 03-02-2015, 06:54 AM

*****performance@gmail.com

You need the $179 Bavarian Technic cable to load back end flash. BMS sells it.

You can run e50 on the Stg 2 pump listed in your profile.

***** has a link for a $25 cable on ebay that will allow you to code the car with Alpina, run INPA etc.

I recommend NGK laser iridiums, gapped to 0.022". They run cooler, work well with ethanol blends.

I just installed an Mfactory LSD. No issues and inexpensive. There's a post on it in 5 section, but the diff and carrier is shared with 3 series. Cost me $1,300 all in.

Sleeper 5 series
Performance: Pro tuned MHD, xHP Stage 3 TCU flash, DCI, AR kittens, ER FMIC & CP, Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP w ported rail, RB turbos, RB inlets, KW V2, Mfactory LSD
Audio: Jehnert Flatline speakers, Mobridge M1000 DA2 digital preamp, Helix P-DSP, Zapco Z-150.6 amp, CIC iDrive upgrade
(#12)
Old

Default 03-02-2015, 07:03 AM

Thank you Ocean!