N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: Stinger 3.3
Default Stay in manual gear? - 05-16-2021, 01:24 AM

Hello

Is there any "hack" that its possible to choose if I want to stay in manual or auto for the 3,3 Stinger?
(#2)
Old

Default 05-20-2021, 05:05 AM

No one thinking of this more than me?
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-22-2021, 08:44 AM

Nothing I'm aware of other than shifting to manual mode.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Default 05-22-2021, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Nothing I'm aware of other than shifting to manual mode.
Would be good to choose myself when going back to auto. Just about when I need manual it went back to auto...
(#5)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 05-23-2021, 03:38 PM

Are you asking to increase the delay after shifting with the paddles in "auto" mode, before it goes back to auto?

Or are you asking for way to stay 100% in manual mode, once you activate it?
(#6)
Old

Default 05-23-2021, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboAWD
Are you asking to increase the delay after shifting with the paddles in "auto" mode, before it goes back to auto?

Or are you asking for way to stay 100% in manual mode, once you activate it?
First one would be ok but good to decide on and off. So how can the auto delay be longer...?
(#7)
Old

Default 05-23-2021, 09:21 PM

Sorry, I should have included in my original post: I have no idea how to do the first one - I don't think it exists as a user-adjustable setting.

In case you were asking about the second one, that is possible on GT/GT1 and maybe GT2. I have GT1, so I know it can be done. I'm not 100% sure about GT2.
(#8)
Old
Here 4 knowledge

Car: 2021 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Default 05-24-2021, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corleone1
Hello

Is there any "hack" that its possible to choose if I want to stay in manual or auto for the 3,3 Stinger?
I assume you have a GT2 (shift-by-wire) as do I. I have read multiple threads on multiple forums, as well as owners manual trying to find a way mainly for logging purposes such as a full 4th gear pull. I have found nothing. Shift to the gear you want and go WOT and the car automatically downshifts a gear or 2. It sucks. I anticipate it and just stay WOT and shift back to preferred gear right away to get the pull for the log.
(#9)
Old

Default 05-24-2021, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rail_Trail
I assume you have a GT2 (shift-by-wire) as do I. I have read multiple threads on multiple forums, as well as owners manual trying to find a way mainly for logging purposes such as a full 4th gear pull. I have found nothing. Shift to the gear you want and go WOT and the car automatically downshifts a gear or 2. It sucks. I anticipate it and just stay WOT and shift back to preferred gear right away to get the pull for the log.

Have you tried doing the 2-stage traction control / stability control disable?

That's how to do it on my GT1 - do the 2-step disable (as needed for launch control) and be in manual mode by moving the shifter over to the left.
(#10)
Old
Here 4 knowledge

Default 05-24-2021, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Have you tried doing the 2-stage traction control / stability control disable?

That's how to do it on my GT1 - do the 2-step disable (as needed for launch control) and be in manual mode by moving the shifter over to the left.
There is no lateral movement in this shifter. Reverse, neutral, and drive is it.
(#11)
Old

Default 05-24-2021, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rail_Trail
There is no lateral movement in this shifter. Reverse, neutral, and drive is it.
Yes, I know. It's one reason I got the GT1 instead..

What I don't know 100% is if you do the 2-stage disable, if you still get the "shifts back to auto after a while" behavior.
(#12)
Old
Here 4 knowledge

Default 05-25-2021, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Yes, I know. It's one reason I got the GT1 instead..

What I don't know 100% is if you do the 2-stage disable, if you still get the "shifts back to auto after a while" behavior.
I'm not sure about that. I've only stayed in manual long enough to run my logs for the most part. I have a 700 mile drive home Friday I'll test it out.